Black People : So Now Black People Are Down With Historical Lies About Our Reality, Huh?

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
I am no longer upset with our people as I once was. I have come to understand hypocrisy on a very deep level. There was a side of me that sincerely thought that our people in this country would be the "one people" who would keep things real...considering all that we have been through and the struggle that we've gone through to re-learn ourselves. I even got over the religion thing because I understood the power of belief in the face of not knowing. Like my ex wife. I never got over the idea of someone pissing in my face and then telling me that it's rain.

This Rosa Parks thing has kind of pissed me off a little. It's common knowledge that she was not the first to deny a seat to YT people. There were two before her...so why are we allowing the lie about her to flourish. Is it because she had a job and the other didn't? Is it because she was light skinned and the others were not. Is it because she was a member of the NAACP and the other were not? Is it because she had a queeky clean record and the others didn't?

A lie is a lie...point blank!!! So in others words, we are now at a point where we are willing to support, promote and allow this lie to be taught to our children because "somewhere in our warped mentality" the other sisters were not WORTHY???? Is this what we are saying? I'm not asking, I'm saying that this is exactly what we're saying! The lie is so great that Rosa is now in the white house and got a military burial...did I get that right?? Are we HYPOCRITES on the highest order or what!?? Is this what we have come down to??? Have we really reached the point where we can't even tell the truth about our own selves to our own people??

Da Flash

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 10, 2007
The OC............for now!
Occupation
professional internet surfer
This Rosa Parks thing has kind of pissed me off a little. It's common knowledge that she was not the first to deny a seat to YT people. There were two before her...so why are we allowing the lie about her to flourish. Is it because she had a job and the other didn't? Is it because she was light skinned and the others were not. Is it because she was a member of the NAACP and the other were not? Is it because she had a queeky clean record and the others didn't?

I believe that all of these things contribute to Rosa Parks getting the recognition instead of the true firsts. We as a people have adopted the european value of knowing the truth but, believing what is popular or hip, without thinking of the repricussions!! Think of all the lies that are now truths, colombus discovered america, lincoln was a great emancipater, etc.

As you stated, the really sad thing is that we're starting to think just like them!!!

Asomfwaa

Nov 16, 2011
Part of the attention on Rosa Parks was the national rally that followed. It's much the same as how Trayvon Martin had a movement, but the boy down the street didn't. It's not so much that Trayvon is more important to us; but it's easier to address an issue when a wronged positive image is involved than when a wronged negative image.

Much like the young girl Hadiya Pendleton wasn't the first gun victim in Chicago. Or when people complain of drone attacks they bring up the innocent civilians killed, not the belligerent targets. Or the President addressed Racial Profiling on Henry Louis Gates Jr. though all of us are profiled.

Obviously, being young and pregnant shouldn't deny a defense; but if you're going to make legal arguments, the image of your client needs to be airtight and the client needs to be capable of holding her own, especially if you want public sentiment (from your enemy.)

White Lawyers don't just sit down in court rooms. You really gotta bring it or things start to cost even your client. 'Cause White folk can try to buy a young single mother and cause a whole heap of problems on Black folk.

Lokman

May 10, 2006
Dear Reader,

Kemet WAS NOT the first or last empire (or people) to be respected, befriended and betrayed... Columbus DID NOT discover America.... Alexander Graham Bell WAS NOT the first to invent the telephone... Bill Gates DID NOT invent “DOS”... Cholesterol DOES NOT cause heart attacks... etc. etc. etc.

My point?... Surely there has most likely never been a people or person—past or present... who have or has not lied—been lied to—or accepted a lie.

On the contrary, what Keita has pointed out, and Lokman seeks to point out here for all intent and purposes, is called: The History of The World.

And no people are, or person is—immuneabsolutely no one.

Every Blessing 2U,

Lokman

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : Religion, The Down-Fall Of The Black Afrikan Race Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black People : 3 BLACK CHURCHS IN 10 DAYS BURNED DOWN Black People Open Forum 19
Ndugu Black People : Trump has put a Lock Down , on all Pro-active Black Community Convo , online! Black People Open Forum 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : He Got the Right One! Black Woman Chases Down Confederate Flag-Wearing Teen Calling Her the N-Word Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : Will the 2016 election come down to black women? Black People Politics 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : black dems-demand hillary-clinton-spend money on down ballot races Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK MBA TURNS DOWN $500 MILLION BUYOUT Black Money Business Jobs 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Ava DuVernay Turns Down Black Panther Black Entertainment 1
S Black People : ATL Shock-Jock advocates whites gunning down black teenagers. Black People Open Forum 1
Mercyless1803 Black People : Teacher tells student "Go sit down black boy" after forgetting his name Black People Open Forum 8
Chevron Dove Black Christians : BLACK HAWK DOWN~Black Nazi Christian Study Group 0
Istari Black People : Desegregation Led to the Econimic Down Fall of Black America Black People Open Forum 128
Ankhur Black People : Will Firemen stand and watch Black homes burn down due to late payments??? Black People Open Forum 9
Amnat77 Black People : Intelligent Black man breaks down gulf oil spill clean up sans the pretty words Black People Open Forum 2
M Black People : Dumbing Down Tests For Black People Black People Open Forum 15
jamesfrmphilly Black People : is it OK to put down black people as long as the critic is black? Black People Open Forum 84
L Black Poetry : How A Beautiful Black Sister Gets Down Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24
I Quiet Poetry Lounge : White men down, Black Kings Up! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
L Quiet Poetry Lounge : Black Queen Up (Complement to Miss Lady's "White Woman Down") Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE BLACK WORLD HAS BEEN KNOCKED DOWN AND NOW DO NOT DESIRE TO GET UP!!! Chief Elder Osiris 1
C Black People : Black America is Being Dragged Down Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Is Black People In Complete Mental Melt Down ? Chief Elder Osiris 5
D Black People : It's Time To Slow Down Black America's Upward Mortality Black People Open Forum 6
D Black People : Prejudiced blacks and prejudices whites keep black businesses down in MS. (Vid incl) Black People Open Forum 7
C Black Relationships : AT WHAT AGE DOES A BLACK MAN MATURE ENOUGH TO SETTLE DOWN AND DO RIGHT,HAVE KIDS?, Black Relationships 110
Isaiah Black People : BLACKWATER DOWN... BLACK FOLKS WAKE UP...BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. Black People Open Forum 3
P Black People : More proof black voices is a AOL white supremacist website that needs to be shut down Black People Open Forum 89
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Keep On The Down Low The Devil Recruiter Black Men Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Outlaw Justice One Black Girl Down Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Destee Somalia : Black Hawk Down - War On Somalia ? Somalia 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black female scientist at forefront of COVID-19 vaccine development Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Joy Reid nails the difference between white and Black people after Capitol riots Black People Politics 4
Destee Pets / Animals : Black the Rottweiler - playing with his toy Pets / Animals 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : America has an urgent need for Black doctors: 'It's hard to be what you can't imagine' Black Health and Wellness 0
One-Hundredd Black Entertainment : Jewels of Wisdom found in GTA 5's Black protagonist Franklin Clinton Black Entertainment 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Kwanzaa Is Not ‘Black Christmas’—Here’s What It Actually Is (And How We Celebrate) Black People Open Forum 2
Discerning Black People Politics : Black People: Know your REAL enemy Black People Politics 14
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : "Elijah Muhammad was the greatest psychologist that Black people ever created, bar none" Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Parenting : The reality of Black men's love lives and marriages is very different than what's usually shown on TV – I spent years actually talking to them Black Parenting 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : A Black Student's Mother Complained About 'Fences.' He Was Expelled Black Education / Schools 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED ATH;ETIC BRANDS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE PRODUCT LINE IN NEIMAN MARCUS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People : The Black Tax - *Black Lives Still Don't Matter* Black People Open Forum 25
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Destruction Of The Black Afrikan Woman Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 'You are my wildest dream': Sydney Barber will be first Black woman to serve as US Naval Academy brigade commander Black People Doing Positive Things 0
I_AM_HER Steals and Deals : Black woman -owned Candle Shop in Houston, TX Shopping - Steals and Deals! 0