Black People : So called "Black on Black crime"

nvlove23

Dec 12, 2009
Far from this place
I am so very saddened to see what has been happening in the media in regards to the Travon Martin case as well as proceedings going on regarding Kenneth Chamberlain's case. It got me to thinking about so called black crime in general. While this has always been a topic that I speak on regularly with my friend, I mean we will talk on this for hours on end and I find that we usually end the conversation saying or rather asking each other "What can be done? Why isn't anyone doing anything?".
I have so many reason why I think there is "black on black crime". Some of those examples being, music, poverty, lack of parenting, unemployment etc.
But here is my question to the community here,
What can we do?
I have children and I try my best to keep them occupied and teach them about their history and shield them from white society and trends. But what can we all do collectively about this black on black crime that goes on daily across the country? It is not just an American phenomenon it is a worldwide phenomenon it happens in Canada it happens in the Jamaica, all over. Same Sh*t different place!
What can we do?
Please don't say march, protest, any of the stuff that has been tried and hasn't worked.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I am so very saddened to see what has been happening in the media in regards to the Travon Martin case as well as proceedings going on regarding Kenneth Chamberlain's case. It got me to thinking about so called black crime in general. While this has always been a topic that I speak on regularly with my friend, I mean we will talk on this for hours on end and I find that we usually end the conversation saying or rather asking each other "What can be done? Why isn't anyone doing anything?".
I have so many reason why I think there is "black on black crime". Some of those examples being, music, poverty, lack of parenting, unemployment etc.
But here is my question to the community here,
What can we do?
I have children and I try my best to keep them occupied and teach them about their history and shield them from white society and trends. But what can we all do collectively about this black on black crime that goes on daily across the country? It is not just an American phenomenon it is a worldwide phenomenon it happens in Canada it happens in the Jamaica, all over. Same Sh*t different place!
What can we do?
Please don't say march, protest, any of the stuff that has been tried and hasn't worked.

Keep your kids active in a variety of programs. Academic. Sports. Art. Entertainment. Cultural. Civic. Recreational. Go camping and teach them survival skills. Teach them how to build things. Vocational education. Get th involved in martial arts. Teach them self defense. The more our youth are active in various programs they have no idle time which means they are not hanging out on the streets which minimizes risk factors which may lead to conflict. Also get them involved in community service.

MsVeraisblessed

Jan 30, 2012
Keep your kids active in a variety of programs. Academic. Sports. Art. Entertainment. Cultural. Civic. Recreational. Go camping and teach them survival skills. Teach them how to build things. Vocational education. Get th involved in martial arts. Teach them self defense. The more our youth are active in various programs they have no idle time which means they are not hanging out on the streets which minimizes risk factors which may lead to conflict. Also get them involved in community service.

this pretty much sums it up...

MsVeraisblessed

Jan 30, 2012
if you live in an area that has gang activities and high rates in crime, then its best to figger out how to save money and move the hell out of that area. I had to do that twice. I didn't want my babies caught up in no crime sting, become a statistic and end up under the cops radar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : american-university-called-police-to-protect-its-first-black-president Black People Politics 0
nilevalley Black Women : In 1968 when "Black women wore afros they were "Black & Beautiful in 2016 they are called "ugly" Black Women 4
RAPTOR Spoken Word : Two Poets Just Called Out The Black Men Who Hate Black Women - "To Be Black and Woman and Alive" Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Fine1952 African American History Culture : the so-Called Jews: Perpetrators of Our Maafa/Black Holocaust African American History Culture 11
Keita Kenyatta Black People : A black Baptist church is now the proud owner of... a KKK museum and a hate-filled store called the Black People Open Forum 1
chuck Black People Politics : What Is The True State Of Our So Called Black Nation? Black People Politics 47
S Black People : Police Called Out on Medical Alert Shoot Dead 68 Year Old Black Veteran Black People Open Forum 2
Z Black People : Sex attacker's brother who called black BBC cameraman 'a slave' walks free from court Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : After one year what Black group has saved the so called witch children? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 25
THE-GOD Black People : how many so called 'black' people would you say were conciouess? Black People Open Forum 32
P Black People : How other so called "black" websites are covering Katrina! Black People Open Forum 53
ASHANTA Black Poetry : The Black Hole In The Ghetto Called Brooklyn Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Azacotogan Benin : Daagbo of Ouidah being called "His Majesty" and "global leader of Vodun?!?" Benin 0
Angela22 Black Poetry : He Called Me a Hoe Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Sarah Sanders says CNN's April Ryan has called for her to 'be decapitated' Black People Politics 0
Ndugu Black Entertainment : Don Shirley, band member, called "Green Book" movie a complete lie Black Entertainment 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : News Anchor Expertly Claps Back At Viewer Who Called Her N****r Black People Doing Positive Things 3
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : SHE'S CALLED THE NEXT STEVE JOBS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : A Memphis woman is planning to file a complaint after her doctor called her “Aunt Jemima” Black Health and Wellness 0
B Black People : What is an eridean? I was called "a good eridean." Black People Open Forum 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : CNN's Marc Lamont Hill Called Steve Harvey and MLK III 'Mediocre Negroes' Black People Politics 44
S Black People : Martin Luther King Jr. "Why Jesus Called a Man a Fool" August 27, 1967 Black People Open Forum 1
Senegal Black Education / Schools : Why Was It Called The Emancipation Proclimation? Black Education / Schools 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Stoics influenced by Hippocrates the so-called father of Medicine AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Law Forum : VIDEO SHOWS HOUSTON OFFICER ATTACK WOMAN At Traffic Stop Who Called 911 Because She Feared Him Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Writspirit Black People : Faith Under Fire: Betrayed By A Thing Called Love Black People Open Forum 0
T Black Muslims : Consciousness: In Al Qur'aan, it is called, Taqwa. Islam Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama called out Hillary Clinton over her 'Colored People's Time' joke Black People Politics 3
Chidike Black People : Now That The Addicts Have Changed to White, the "War on Drugs"is Now Called A Health Crisis Black People Open Forum 2
HODEE Black Spirituality Religion : Hebrew or the So Called Negro: The True Hebrew Israelites Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13
Umar Black People : #Anonymous Has Called out Texas Authorities about #SandraBrown Black People Open Forum 3
crwn Black People : Why White People are Called Caucasian (Illustrated) Black People Open Forum 3
chuck Black People : What Truly Motivates The So Called Islamist Terrorists! Black People Open Forum 4
I Black Spirituality Religion : If God is a Spirit why is He called in the scriptures "He" and not "It?" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 51
shaka64 Audio Video Web Conferencing : It ain't steppin but it is super sexy it's called Kizomba Albir Rojas and Sara Lopez Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MS234 Black People : Patti LaBelle slams being called a 'diva', calls today’s pop stars 'little heifers who can’t sing' Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Kanye allegedly hits teenager who called Kim Kardashian a ‘n-word lover’ Black People Open Forum 79
GodofTomorrow Writing Discussion : It's Called a "Round Robin" Short Stories - Authors - Writing 7
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Short Stories : Tribe called BLAQ Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
chuck Black People : What Is It We Can And Should Be Doing For Ourselves On The So Called Homefront? Black People Open Forum 18
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : From my nu Shayheh's Book of Songs called Grapevine Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Alarm Clock Haiti : Haiti: Political Assassination? Suspicious Death of Judge Who Called for Prosecution of Presidential Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 4
chuck Black People Politics : What Do You Feel And Think Should Concern Us On the So Called Homefront? Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Science and Technology : SUMMIT ON BEE DEATHS CALLED! Science and Technology 1
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : A Man called Django! (1971) Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
E Black People : Who Really Benefits From So-Called Terrorism? Black People Open Forum 19
Feather Black People : How I Got Over the Hate of So Called White People <3 Black People Open Forum 228
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Fugees ft. A Tribe Called Quest &amp; Busta Rhymes - Rumble In The Jungle Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : A Tribe Called Quest - I Left My Wallet In El Segundo Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Sheeple - The So Called Ignorant Masses - Destee Podcast Audio Video Web Conferencing 11