Ghana : Slaves Castles in Ghana, West Africa.

rapchild

Sep 17, 2006
These are Pictures of the Slaves Dungeons in the Cape Coast and Elimina castle in Ghana Formerly known by the Colonial Rulers as the Gold Coast.After we gained independence by Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and the Big Six in 1957, the name was changed.Elmina, if am not mistaken in Spanish means the mine.Ghana was named the Gold Coast because the land was and still is blessed with Gold.The Castles were used for all sorts of things including Sales and Purchase of Slaves.Slaves were kept there before they were shipped to Europe, America, the Caribbean etc.In the pictures you see various rooms, the door of no return is where slaves exit to be shipped, is called the door door of no return simply because you wont be coming back, you can also find the Door of Return.There is also an underground room where the stubborn slaves were kept, the slaves that could not be broken, i believe.

Hope you enjoy these images and hope you visit Ghana soon to see it for yourselves amongthe other tourist site in the country.Check out my second set of pictures of the Kakum national Park in Cape Coast.I know very little of it but am sure you can find more information if you goggle it.

The pictures where taken by my brother 6 years ago.Sorry i didnt put them here earlier
i forgot about them for a minute.Secondly i have been occupied with life and its problems and struggles.Things that take alot out of you that you forget who you are and what you are suppose to do.

The Kakum National Park will be Another Thread.Oops I can only post more 10 files here.

You can check it out on my blog for more pictures www.slavecastles.blogspot.com

PEACE, LOVE AND GUIDANCE, JAH BLESS.

DSC03190.JPG
DSC03190.JPG
DSC03242.JPG
DSC03241.JPG
DSC03219.JPG
DSC03211.JPG
DSC03203.JPG
DSC03203.JPG
DSC03203.JPG
DSC03203.JPG
DSC03211.JPG
DSC03211.JPG

DSC03191.JPG

theophillaskme@gmail.com

Attachments

• DSC03220.JPG
    DSC03220.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC03224.JPG
    DSC03224.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC03239.JPG
    DSC03239.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 40

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
... Hope you enjoy these images and hope you visit Ghana soon to see it for yourselves amongthe other tourist site in the country.Check out my second set of pictures of the Kakum national Park in Cape Coast.I know very little of it but am sure you can find more information if you goggle it.

The pictures where taken by my brother 6 years ago.Sorry i didnt put them here earlier
i forgot about them for a minute.Secondly i have been occupied with life and its problems and struggles.Things that take alot out of you that you forget who you are and what you are suppose to do.

The Kakum National Park will be Another Thread.Oops I can only post more 10 files here.

You can check it out on my blog for more pictures www.slavecastles.blogspot.com

PEACE, LOVE AND GUIDANCE, JAH BLESS.

Thanks for sharing this rapchild, everything is all up front, your brother did an excellent job taking these pictures. And brother, you are doing great as a young man, keep on keeping on, you got life's problems licked, meaning you are in control ... Peace In,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : 'My Nigerian great-grandfather sold slaves' African American History Culture 0
HODEE Black Entertainment : 2Pac - Black Cotton _ Why do we work like slaves sweatin' blades to an early grave Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : 'The Slaves Dread New Year's Day the Worst': The Grim History of January 1 African American History Culture 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Harvard University sued over allegedly profiting from the earliest photos of American Slaves Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Perfection Black People Politics : Staged Freedom, Gimmicks & Parallels: 5 Arguments Showing How Blacks Are Sill Slaves Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Thomas Jefferson Owned Hundreds of Slaves—Now a Black Woman Will Run His Foundation African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Female slaves were forced to wear headwraps because white women were jealous Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Abraham Lincoln's Secret Visits to Slaves African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Mauritania : The abolitionist fighting to free Mauritania's slaves Mauritania 0
Destee African American History Culture : Is It Wrong to Mention Black People Owned Slaves? African American History Culture 15
dazania African American History Culture : Black Americans Were Never Slaves African American History Culture 38
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Ancestors Speak: A Conversation Between Former Slaves And Union General Sherman African American History Culture 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Bill O’Reilly says White House slaves ‘were well-fed and had decent lodgings’ Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Michelle Obama Keeps It Real: 'I Wake Up In a House Built By Slaves' Black People Open Forum 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : 'Dishonest' Book About Happy Slaves Pulled From Shelves Black Education / Schools 0
HODEE Black People : Textbook Company to Update Description of Slaves as ‘Workers’ After Criticism Black People Open Forum 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Slaves were fed like Pigs AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : DNA analysis traces African slaves back to their roots Science and Technology 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Hollywood’s Blacks: Servants, Slaves, Ghetto Moms and Thugs Black Entertainment 19
crwn Black People : Who Brought the Slaves to America? Black People Open Forum 4
1poetsought Black Poetry : Mental Slaves Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
HODEE Black People : The Dirty Truth Is... I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew Black People Open Forum 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Descendants of slaves hold out against coal mining Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : 234 years later, NH slaves are granted freedom Black People Open Forum 8
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Kanye West - New Slaves (Live on SNL) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
PurpleMoons Audio Video Web Conferencing : Kanye West Premieres "New Slaves" at Prada Fifth Ave. Audio Video Web Conferencing 13
cherryblossom Sierra Leone : Sierra Leone and the slaves who returned to Africa... Sierra Leone 7
F Africa : The Moors of North Africa and the White Slaves All Things Africa 17
ckoolbreez Black People : How Many Slaves Work 4 U? Black People Open Forum 5
Kemetstry Black People : How Many Slaves Came to the USA? Black People Open Forum 32
Destee Black People : African-American school superintendent accused of calling black staff 'slaves' Black People Open Forum 0
Knowledge Seed Black People Politics : Allen West: Obama wants us to "be his slaves" Black People Politics 5
Destee Science and Technology : Techno Slaves Science and Technology 1
ckoolbreez Black People Politics : Mitt Romney: I Can Relate To Black People, My Ancestors Once Owned Slaves Black People Politics 25
Destee Gun Ownership : Laws Designed to Disarm Slaves, Freedmen, and African-Americans Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Who Brought the Slaves to America? - Walter White Jr. - Full film Black People Open Forum 3
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : 'white' Slaves Used For 1860s Fundraiser Propaganda Black People Politics 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : All Black People In America Are Not Descended From Slaves Black People Open Forum 0
info-moetry African American History Culture : Rebellious Slaves...... African American History Culture 60
Ankhur Black People : Any one heard of "THE BRIGADE FOR PURGING SLAVES, BLACK SKIN" our tax dollars fund them!!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 22
OldSoul OldSoul : 21st-Century Slaves: How Corporations Exploit Prison Labor OldSoul 2
ManicRaider Black Spirituality Religion : Why in the world did slaves believe in the christian god? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 194
W Black People : African sex slaves in Sweden and Denmark Black People Open Forum 18
Amnat77 Black People : Slaves' Spiritual Talismans Found Under Greenhouse Black People Open Forum 1
Enki Black People : Blacks Make the Best Slaves. Black People Open Forum 13
Therious Black People : Stop Creating Slaves In Your Home! Black People Open Forum 81
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : 400 year slaves from 1555BC or 1555AD ?? AACOOLDRE 5
A Ghana : "Trokosi" Ghana's Slaves to the Gods: Ritual Servitude & Sexual Abuse Ghana 32
Kemetstry Black People : Pyramids No Built by Slaves, But Regular Guys Black People Open Forum 8
A Black People : They Are Still Our Slaves Black People Open Forum 9