Skim cow milk vs. Soy milk

African_Prince

Jan 1, 2005
Which is healthier?

edit: Please, no vegan bias. I just want to know which one is healthier, that's all.

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
well soy is said to convert to estrogen in the body which may be why we see so many effeminate boys because they put soy in the baby formula. Both can cause gas and other discomfiture in the digestive track. You might want to opt for rice milk as an alternative rather than choosing between those two.

African_Prince

Jan 1, 2005
river said:
well soy is said to convert to estrogen in the body which may be why we see so many effeminate boys because they put soy in the baby formula. Both can cause gas and other discomfiture in the digestive track. You might want to opt for rice milk as an alternative rather than choosing between those two.

I've heard that soy has been linked to breast cancer, fertility problems etc. because of the estrogen that it produces. Even things that are supposed to be healthy may be bad for you :censored:

kemetkind

Oct 8, 2005
I don't know which is better but my personal experience is we were using soy for about a year before we switched to rice milk for about 8 months after hearing here about the dangers of soy.

For some reason my wife bought skim milk again a couple weeks ago and the whole family got tore up stomachs.

We had to throw it out.

There have been times we've gone a week with soy instead of rice milk without any problems.

On a side note - I'm pretty close to going vegan so I've looked more into the whole soy issue; i think the supposed dangers of soy are over-hyped.

Another take on soy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Isis The Cow Goddess & Jesus,and Osiris AACOOLDRE 0
cherryblossom Haiti : Ile a Vache (cow island) Haiti Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 2
I Pan Africanism : "One catches a cow by its horns, but one catches a human being by his words." African American History Culture 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : An Egyptian Cow AACOOLDRE 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : another mad cow Black People Open Forum 7
A RE: THE MAD COW DISEASE... Black Health and Wellness 22
SpiritualONE Black People : Mad Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 6
A Black People : Q&A re: The Mad Cow Disease... Black People Open Forum 7
alyce Black Poetry : New Cow Groove Theory Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : She sweet and blackwith a tremendous street actboys carry her bookseven the dairy is shookover the milk in her breastsshe's wearing a silk dress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : She sweet and black with a tremendous street act boys carry her books even the dairy is shook over the milk in her breasts she's wearing a silk dress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Rap to fans and adapt plans to meet new circumstances then speak get true romances and get a crew of chances to get dates this add milk to his thrilli Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
T African American History Culture : Blood, Feces, Milk & Mark Twain African American History Culture 1
R Black Poetry : while you strut mad silk softly I add milk to my coffee take brisk sips and kiss your lips flow rhym Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
S Black People : Radiated Milk Sold In Black Neighborhoods : The Art of Slow Genocide Black People Open Forum 17
candeesweet Black Poetry : Milk 1 and 2 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
G Audio Video Web Conferencing : Black Milk - Sundays Worst, Mondays Best Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
G Black Entertainment : Rapper/Producer Black Milk Montreality Interview Black Entertainment 1
Amnat77 Health and Wellness : Genetically Modified Cows Produce “Human” Milk Black Health and Wellness 5
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Chocolate Milk Black Entertainment 3
MsInterpret Black Poetry : Milk and Rice Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
K Soy Milk: Is it or is it not? Black Health and Wellness 12
cherryblossom Black Christians : Milk and Meat Christian Study Group 6
river If You Love Cereal But Hate Milk Here's an Alternative Black Health and Wellness 10
Zulile Black People : Got Milk? Black People Open Forum 3
D Leave Soy Milk Alone Black Health and Wellness 46
M Black Poetry : MADD I parade in silk white like grade A milk, built Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
F Black Poetry : No Milk In My Coffee Please Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
Khasm13 Khasm13 : land of milk and honey... Khasm13 13
PurpleMoons Quiet Poetry Lounge : HOT SUGA' MILK Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
naija-man Black People : MILK IS BAD FOR YOU??!! Black People Open Forum 3
B Overweight Kids May Need More MILK??? Black Health and Wellness 1
Queenie White Poison: The Horrors of Milk Black Health and Wellness 4
A White Poison: The Horrors of Milk... Black Health and Wellness 58
M Black Poetry : Milk is personal Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
W Black Poetry : milk chocolate delight Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
R Black Short Stories : No Sense Crying Over Spilled Milk Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : Milk Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2