Africa : Six Stories That Will Shape Sub-Saharan Africa In 2017 and other relevant Issues

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Six Stories That Will Shape Sub-Saharan Africa In 2017 and other relevant Issues

Political change, separatist insurgencies and a possible genocide project a tough year for the continent

... Civil conflicts have continued raging in countries including South Sudan and the Central African Republic, while extremist and Islamist groups have posed significant threats in nations including Nigeria, Somalia.

As 2017 approaches, Newsweek looks ahead to six stories that could shape the next year on the continent ...

Video
http://www.newsweek.com/six-stories-will-shape-sub-saharan-africa-2017-535743?rx=us

South Sudanese government soldiers celebrate while standing in trenches in Lelo, outside Malakal, South Sudan, October 16. Tens of thousands of people have been killed since civil war broke out in the country in December 2013, and U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has urged the country's leaders to avoid a possible genocide.ALBERT GONZALEZ FARRAN/AFP/GETTY IMAGES

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Five African Elections To Watch In 2017

African elections were a mixed bag in 2016.
So what about 2017? Newsweek picks out five elections to watch across the continent in the year ahead:

1. Kenya General Election—August 2017 ...

Video
http://www.newsweek.com/five-africa...al&utm_campaign=incontent&utm_medium=related1

Kenyan riot police officers raise batons over a man during a demonstration of opposition supporters against the country's electoral commission, Nairobi, May 16. Several people were killed in the protests before members of the electoral commission agreed to resign.CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/GETTY IMAGES

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Africa in 2017: What to look out for

The safest assumption for this year is that received wisdom will be overturned again; but we can anticipate that certain landmark events, rising stars and flashpoints will reverberate beyond national borders, expect to hear plenty about the stories below in 2017.

Megaprojects
Infrastructure spending in East Africa will continue to soar, particularly in the fields of transport and renewable energy ... The Grand Ethiopia Renaissance Dam ...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/africa/africa-stories-of-2017/index.html

George Weah _ Liberia

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
ANC women's league wants Zuma ex-wife to lead party

Johannesburg (AFP) - The powerful Women's League of South Africa's ruling ANC on Saturday chose outgoing African Union chief Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma as their candidate for party leader.

Battle has been raging within the African National Congress (ANC) to succeed current leader and head of state Jacob Zuma ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anc-womens-league-wants-zuma-ex-wife-lead-221743984.html?.tsrc=daily_mail

Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma would become the first female leader of South Africa's African National Congress if the wider party endorses her (AFP Photo/RAJESH JANTILAL)

AFP January 7, 2017

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
If he stays there will be trouble
Congo’s president refuses to go

The constitution says Joseph Kabila is no longer president. He begs to differ

... For now Mr Kabila, who has ruled Congo since inheriting the job from his dad in 2001, has the upper hand. But Congo, an unstable country of 80m, is plunging into a political no-man’s-land; no head of state since independence has left office peacefully after an election ...

http://www.economist.com/news/middl...ays-joseph-kabila-no-longer-president-he-begs

CAN a thin blue line stop a revolution? In Kinshasa, the capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo, police are doing their best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Toxic chemicals in drinking water for six million Americans Black Health and Wellness 2
Shibboleth Black Spirituality Religion : True Religion meets the SIX basic needs of Human Spirituality Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : obama has commuted the sentences of 248 – more than the previous six Presidents combined Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Six million Americans have lead-tainted water in homes, schools: report Black Health and Wellness 3
crwn Science and Technology : Massive Windows 10 News Hides Six Nasty Surprises Science and Technology 4
Liberty Law Forum : Black Man Arrested For Setting Fires To Six Black Churches In St. Louis Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Black Phoenix Black Money Business Jobs : Black Excellence: The Top Six Black Owned Wines and Wineries Black Money Business Jobs 0
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : The Baltimore Six Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
TruthHitman Black Hebrew Israelites : Revelation 6 - The Six Seals Understanding Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 17
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Six Foods That Lower Blood Pressure Black Health and Wellness 1
Keita Kenyatta Jails / Prisons : Incarceration rate for African-Americans now six times the national average Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Blackbird Black People : Six Californias Black People Open Forum 3
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : Kobe fractures left knee, expected to miss six weeks Black Sports 5
legit-writer Black People Politics : Kissing six-year-old suspended for sexual harassment Black People Politics 8
KaHotep Black Poetry : onetwo, three-four, five-six.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : six killed @ arizona political rally Black People Open Forum 33
noor100 Black Muslims : Six Examples of Early Muslim Treaties: Islam Study Group 0
noor100 Health and Wellness : McDonald's Happy Meal Resists Decomposition for Six Months!!! Black Health and Wellness 7
MsInterpret Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Six Flags Denies Jobs Because of Natural Hair Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 4
M Black Poetry : THE SIX WONDERS OF MY WORLD Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
baller Black Short Stories : After Perfection...excerpt from chapter six Short Stories - Authors - Writing 4
cherryblossom Quiet Poetry Lounge : Six In One Hand/Half-Dozen In The Other Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
HODEE Black Poetry : The other Night I saw Six Stars Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Zulile Black People : JENA SIX Judge removed from case Black People Open Forum 0
nevar Black Short Stories : The secret I bear part six......... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 11
PatriceCQueen Quiet Poetry Lounge : Should I stand on my square, my deen, or my six Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Mad Skillz Black People : white *supremist* publish phone numbers of Jena Six families Black People Open Forum 2
G Black People : School bans shirts supporting beating suspects-Jena Six Black People Open Forum 1
G Black People : Taking Away Blacks lives with a Stroke of a Pen. The Jena Six Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Entertainment : Onix aka “Mr . Six Pack” talks about Buckey Black Entertainment 0
G Black People : Six young black men are headed for 20+ year- Jim Crow "justice." Black People Open Forum 1
G Black People : FREE THE JENA SIX Petition Please Sign it Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People : Free the JENA SIX- THREE NOOSES WERE HANGING FROM THE TREE Black People Open Forum 0
D Black Jokes Humor : Mother of Six Black Jokes Humor 3
H Black People : Six Pack ? ... Na Waw Black People Open Forum 0
P Black Sports : Funniest Sports story of the year: Six-Heads quits for toilet run! Black Sports 3
Mad Skillz Black People : Secret Wars of the CIA: How Six Million People Were Killed Black People Open Forum 14
N Black Poetry : Six Stanzas of Desparation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
M Black Poetry : a love story in six parts... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
N Black Poetry : Six Billion Great Minds (Haiku) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
alyce Black Poetry : Six Years Backwards (double haiku) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
N Black Poetry : Six Coin Sunday Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24
IFE Black Men : Men who were sexually assaulted by women share their stories - and how their friends reacted Black Men 31
candeesweet Black Poetry : Interactive Stories. Trying something new Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : Sharing n telling stories Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
nilevalley Black People : Is it me or have all the American news stories vanished? Black People Open Forum 7
IFE Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Women Share Their Hair Stories Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 151
R Black Poetry : like well known characteristics tell stories strong and ballistic they grown and twisted but when t Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Enki Black Positive People : Black Stories From The Hood, If we Don't tell them, Who will? Black People Doing Positive Things 14
OldSoul OldSoul : Pharaohs and mummies...The troping of our stories OldSoul 0