Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I will be closing the site at 11 pm ET ... :time:

:heart:

Destee

Black Phoenix

Jul 30, 2015
I appreciate your desire to understand. You are not being difficult at all.

Your persistence also has me reconsidering some long held policies, and that is not easy to do! :)

A. Your Amazing Places thread is fine for now, as you were not aware of the rule, but you should not post the entire property / article. Only a snippet of it with a link to where we can read it is allowed (unless you own the property). If I click the link (and I did) we should not find that the entire article was posted here, which is the case. The reasoning around this is that we don't want to cheat the author of their article being read where they have actually authorized for it to be. If we post the entire article at destee.com, there is no reason for us to go to the site where it lives. We deny their own web site (or authorized ones) from receiving the traffic, page views, etc., that they are actually due. Yes, it is easier to just copy and paste the whole property, but it's not the right thing to do in my opinion (without the owner's permission).

B. Let me think on the steals and deals concept a bit more. I may be able to come up with something that will allow this to work.

C. Yes, please include only a snippet of the article and a link to where we can read it in its entirety.

Spam is unwanted, unsolicited electronic messages. What one person thinks is spam, another will not, making it a somewhat personal determination. I appreciate you sharing us with others. If another site has rules against such, I would not want you to violate their rules in an effort to promote us. There is always that balance, what we might want to do and what is allowed. Let me stress, I do appreciate you sharing us with others! Thank you!

Again, give me time to think on the steals and deals concept. I have quite a bit of work lined up for myself this weekend, so I'll need 2 or 3 days to get back to you on this. I appreciate you making me think ... :thinking:

If you have more questions please ask, at any time you have them.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee
Thanks so much for your quick and cordial response. Thank you also for reminding me that the fabulous sites I love to haunt should have the traffic they richly deserve for their interesting content.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Oh My Gosh Family,

No site maintenance was performed, no temporary closing of the community to do the work.

Instead, it was about 9:50 pm ET when I last posted to this thread, saying that we would shut things down at 11:00 pm ET. That left more than an hour for me to get ready. I also considered I could rest for an hour, get up all refreshed and get to work. That was the plan.

I laid down to rest for an hour but only just got up a bit ago ... :Zzz:

I really need this maintenance work behind me. I also must have needed that rest.

I am going to close the community @ 3 pm ET today to get this maintenance work done.

That will be a couple of hours after Brother OldSoul's class.

Okay ... that's the new plan.

If you have any questions let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Black Phoenix

Jul 30, 2015
Oh My Gosh Family,

No site maintenance was performed, no temporary closing of the community to do the work.

Instead, it was about 9:50 pm ET when I last posted to this thread, saying that we would shut things down at 11:00 pm ET. That left more than an hour for me to get ready. I also considered I could rest for an hour, get up all refreshed and get to work. That was the plan.

I really need this maintenance work behind me. I also must have needed that rest.

I am going to close the community @ 3 pm ET today to get this maintenance work done.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee
Good luck!:confused::p:heart:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Oh My Gosh Family,

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

... :em3000:

Black Phoenix

Jul 30, 2015
:hello: Black Phoenix ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing! ... :research:

If I understand your question properly, there is not a listing of threads by URL.

Here is a link to recent posts : https://destee.com/find-new/3133801/posts

Let me know if I am not understanding the question.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee
I just noticed that posts from the Black Travel and Black Money Forums aren't updating in the New Posts section, perhaps those settings are off?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I just noticed that posts from the Black Travel and Black Money Forums aren't updating in the New Posts section, perhaps those settings are off?

I could be wrong, but the new post to the Thread may be the first post, to the brand new Thread, causing it to appear under New Posts.

Black Phoenix

Jul 30, 2015
I could be wrong, but the new post to the Thread may be the first post, to the brand new Thread, causing it to appear under New Posts.

If you look in the new posts sections those forums are not listed along with a few others. It seems that only certain Forums are set to show in the New Posts section. The conversation about Cannabis is not showing up because that forum is not in that section, that's why I'm wondering if settings haven't been turned on in those forums.

I hope no one takes offense, I'm just trying to help the forum to get popping...:):luv::wave:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
If you look in the new posts sections those forums are not listed along with a few others. It seems that only certain Forums are set to show in the New Posts section. The conversation about Cannabis is not showing up because that forum is not in that section, that's why I'm wondering if settings haven't been turned on in those forums.

I hope no one takes offense, I'm just trying to help the forum to get popping...:):luv::wave:

You may be right, but there is no need to continue to apologize Black Phoenix, Destee understands, and that's all that matters.

Its complicated, so, I can't wait to hear how Destee explains it further ... But at any rate, we'll get it.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: