Black Relationships : Sisters: Brothers with Potential vs. Ready Made,Men - which do you really prefer and why?

NyneElementz

Apr 6, 2006
Myrtle Beach, SC
I was challenged to start this thread so we can get some dialogue going. So here it is:

Sisters, I lay down a challenge to you to be 100% honest with your answers. I promise that I do not ask these questions to typecast you in any way.

1 - Do you prefer more that the brothers you date are ready-made (house and car paid for or close, investing, successful manager/business owner, financial overflow, fully insured, etc.) Or that he is mr. Full of potential (anywhere between 0 and 75% of mr. Ready-made status)?

2 - explain honestly.

Men: I ask that you let our sisters speak freely and to not respond. By offering this courtesy, we may also be granted an all-honesty, no-penalty thread to give our expressions.

Alright, sisters. Whatcha got?

MahoganyUnique

Nov 14, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Interesting and I'm sure everyone will have different opinions. I can't just say either or cause there are other things I prefer than being all the way established. I would prefer a man established but only if everything else fits. I can't count out a man with potential just because I met him earlier in his journey. But when you say 0 but with potential that would make me wonder if he using his potential at all. A man that is established is icing on the cake and I love icing, but I love pound cake too. Also I want to add if you a certain age and you not established, idk that's a little suspect. I'm still young so that is why I would be willing to take a man as they are, considering in the future they may acquire these things.

Mahogany

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I was challenged to start this thread so we can get some dialogue going. So here it is:

Sisters, I lay down a challenge to you to be 100% honest with your answers. I promise that I do not ask these questions to typecast you in any way.

1 - Do you prefer more that the brothers you date are ready-made (house and car paid for or close, investing, successful manager/business owner, financial overflow, fully insured, etc.) Or that he is mr. Full of potential (anywhere between 0 and 75% of mr. Ready-made status)?

2 - explain honestly.

Men: I ask that you let our sisters speak freely and to not respond. By offering this courtesy, we may also be granted an all-honesty, no-penalty thread to give our expressions.

.o0( This is a loaded question though )

*pulling up a chair with buttered popcorn, drinks and refreshments*

dunwiddat

Sep 17, 2012

2 - explain honestly.

I would prefer my man who has a job... He does not have to own his own business but since I would be interested in a man who would be in the 60 age group, I would think that any man that age should be established enough to have certain things in place. I am not one to focus on material things but then again...I don't want a "break pocket man" either.There was a song here in Barbados many years ago and it said, a woman can't make love on a hungry belly.:lol:I know that there may be men who have been divorced and would have had to split the sale of family home etc..I understand that, but he must be someone who is dilligent and a hard worker. He must be able to use that potential into something viable. It would be like talking and not doing. There are men who have real good ideas and from the ability that you can see they should be able to own a business, but for some men they just cannot translate the business idea into reality. At this stage of my life I would prefer my man to at least be able to hold down a job. What irritates me most are men who are always job hunting...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Black People : Brothers & Sisters or Mates & Potential Mates? Black People Open Forum 60
NecessaryChaos The Front Porch : Hello Brothers and Sisters The Front Porch 10
cherryblossom Black Positive People : David McGhee: Big Brothers/Big Sisters Black People Doing Positive Things 1
CeCe The Front Porch : Hello Sisters and Brothers The Front Porch 15
chuck Black Women : Sisters And Brothers: Can We Be Candid And Honest About This Too? Black Women 3
PurpleMoons Black Entertainment : Bless you...For my Christian Brothers and Sisters! Black Entertainment 2
U Black People : Brothers and Sisters... *sigh* It's time to talk about Black Feminism Black People Open Forum 45
Ankhur Black People : Big Pharmaceutical Co. s experimenting on Sisters and Brothers in the Motherland Black People Open Forum 0
C Black Relationships : Challenging the myth that sisters don't want blue collar brothers Black Relationships 21
L Black Relationships : Brothers vs Sisters Black Relationships 7
Ankhur Black People : are sisters and brothers safe from the cold in Jackson MS? Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Black Weight Loss : Brothers Lose Weight Faster / Easier Than Sisters! Black Health and Wellness 0
lilpea Audio Video Web Conferencing : KARAOKE - Sisters vs. Brothers Audio Video Web Conferencing 14
H Black Money Business Jobs : Wanted: Motivated Sisters and Brothers Who'd Like to Earn an Extra Income! Black Money Business Jobs 42
Fine1952 Haiti : Our Haitian Brothers and Sisters Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 5
asimplepoet Black Poetry : A note to my sisters from my brothers Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
A Black Spirituality Religion : Happy and a BlessFull Sabbath Sisters and Brothers! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
M Black Relationships : My 2 sisters and my 2 brothers r marryin ritz Black Relationships 5
Destee Black People : Sisters HATE Seeing Brothers With White Chicks Black People Open Forum 390
anAfrican Ghana : Ghana: 'Brothers and sisters' in the Diaspora Ghana 0
A Black People : Can i send Private messages to you brothers and sisters ? Black People Open Forum 2
A Black Spirituality Religion : I,m looking for brothers and sisters here whom study the book of revelations Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
Isaiah Black Relationships : WHY DO SOME BROTHERS PLACE SO MUCH BLAME FOR OUR BAD RELATIONSHIPS ON SISTERS??? Black Relationships 176
PoeticManifesta Black People : do you trust blk folk? your brothers n sisters? Black People Open Forum 31
M Black Spirituality Religion : Study aids for my brothers and sisters: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Jesus Had Brothers and Sisters... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
A Black Relationships : Brothers and Sisters dont fool yourself and other brothers and sisters! Black Relationships 4
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Refugee's or Brothers & Sisters? AACOOLDRE 15
T Black Poetry : A Prayer for Our Brothers & Sisters in New Orleans Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
L Black Relationships : My brothers and sisters Black Relationships 3
K Destee Network : Looking For My Brothers and Sisters in Chicago Destee Network : 4
Z Black Relationships : Brothers...question. Sisters...your comments Black Relationships 18
Monetary Audio Video Web Conferencing : BROTHERS SERENADING OUR SISTERS - Friday - 04/18/03 Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
Heartbeat Black Poetry : Brothers & Sisters of the Ink...repost for GQ, Dnommo, Blakverb Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
M Black Poetry : A SISTERS CRY FOR HER BROTHERS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Destee Black Poetry : Sisters and Brothers I Never Knew Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : sisters defend biden's racist past..... Black People Politics 0
IFE Black Positive People : Young Compton sisters impressing with golf skills Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Black People : WHAT TRUMP REALLY THINKS OF SISTERS Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : These Sorority Sisters Did a ‘Melanin Illustrated’ Photo Shoot Black People Doing Positive Things 1
IFE Black Positive People : Teen Sisters Write Book Urging Young Girls of Color to Celebrate Their Hair Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : Venus and Serena Williams set up all-sisters Australian Open final Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Black Positive People : SISTERS AND SCIENCE Black People Doing Positive Things 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Spoken Words for Destee, ABJ and other Sisters who love the idea of Love OldSoul 0
chuck Black People : Sisters, Do Speak Up, Too! Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : photos of victorian sisters..... Black People Open Forum 8
chuck Black People : Black Sisters Got It Going On Too! Black People Open Forum 18
John Williams Black Women : Sisters, is this true or a myth...? Black Women 8
John Williams Black Women : Sisters, if the B-Word simply means a female dog, why is the word so offensive sometimes? Black Women 4
I Black Women : Another question for the Sisters (Black women) Black Women 26