Single parenthood

toylin

May 17, 2004
Michigan
Occupation
Security Guard
As someone who may be going through a divorce with one son under the age of 1 year, what advice can you give me about raising my son (mostly) by myself? Oh, he'll see his father whenever he wants to. I have no problems with that because I feel that a little boy needs his father. I mean as far as working, taking care of him, maybe in the future, dating? Are you a single parent? How did you do it?

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Hey toylin, here is an answer I posted in another thread about this same subject:

I may not give the best answers, because I was not raised in a single parent home. Although from observing many single mothers over the years, here are a few of my opinions:

1. Provide them with examples of the type of men you want them to be.
2. Do not try to shelter them from the world.
3. Disclipline them, and don't turn a blind eye to whatever wrongs they might be doing.
4. Do not insult their father, or degrade men in front of them. After all, your son more than likely did not cause your separation. However ultimately his opinion of his father is a block on which his own self worth is built.
5. Be an active participant in his activities.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: