Black Short Stories : short story plot...tell me what you guys think.

Deeplyrooted06

Feb 15, 2006
Judgment Day is set in the Chilton Correctional Facility for women, in rural North Carolina. The story opens with a new inmate, Zora’s Sanchez enduring the cold, disheartening ritual of in-processing.

While adjusting to the climate of prison life, she is introduced to her cell mate Jessica Jefferson, a 6 year veteran of the correctional facility awaiting her first parole hearing in the spring.

After Zora is nearly raped by a vicious group of inmates and rescued by her cellmate Jessica; Zora begins to see Jessica as more of a human being instead of another criminal she shares a cell with. As time passes, they become close friends who confide in one another their deepest fears and wildest dreams. Zora helps to acquaint Jessica with a world she has long been absent from, and Jessica helps Zora get in touch with her spirit and find a connection with God. Through their vulnerability Zora develops a passion for Jessica that takes their friendly affection to an intimate level.

Although they have fallen in love with each other, things get rocky as Jessica gets closer to her parole hearing. While Zora has yet to tell her husband that she has fallen in love with someone else, the reality of Jessica’s release becomes more realistic to the couple as they realize they may be forced into separation in a matter of weeks.

As the hearing date approaches, the two make choices that will change the course of their lives forever.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
this was a great read and start .......Bring on another part
to open this really up nice job i like .

$$BEAUTY$$

Apr 30, 2006
This is a great plot, i would definetly be willing to read the whole thing. it is different and i think for even coming up with it you deserve a pat on the back. work hard on it and don't give up. we need more great writers

ronnie

Sefirot

Mar 12, 2006
Chicago, IL/Atlanta, GA
Occupation
Teacher
Very interesting:welldone:
Although I don't personally think ANY love is great enough to keep someone in the county. Much less prison :)
The plot brings to mind the movie Stranger Inside. It's similar, except the love interest is one of a presumed Mother/Daughter nature.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Black Short Stories : Untiltled Short Story #2201209 (All I Had To Do) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 9
A Black Short Stories : Sneak preview (my afro-sci-fi short story) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
S Black Short Stories : Thunder-Struck (a Short Story) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
S Black Short Stories : Bitter Sweet Love (first public short story...) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
D Black Short Stories : it was just my imagination (short story) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
M Black Poetry : Short Key Style story Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
B Black Poetry : my short story Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
M Black Short Stories : In His Shoes Part 1... (my first short story) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
blakverb Black Poetry : That ****** said...White Boy said...a short story Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Joyce Black Poetry : A Beach Scene (Short Story) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
R Black Poetry : A note is a short letter with all sorts of clever words to speak that's never heard on the street, tonight need help to climb a flight of steps to got Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : He's hood made and get good grades wrote a girl a short letter with all sorts of clever love words ask for a date the task was great but he wanna smas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : A note is a short letter with all sort of clever words that you never heard its an endeavor with ver Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : A note of hope is a short letter with all sorts of clever words and verbs about love no doubt at clu Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : A note of hope is a short letter with all sorts of clever words and verbs about love no doubt at clu Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Groove with class and move fast write all sorts of rhyme in a short time quick learner met chick fin Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Short Changed Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Saline: This Simple, Lifesaving Liquid Is Suddenly in Short Supply Black Health and Wellness 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Michael Jordan: A Day Late and a Million Dollars Short Black People Politics 4
OldSoul OldSoul : A short tribute to Muhammad Ali OldSoul 4
S Black People : STANDBY | A Sci-Fi Short Film Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Get all sorts of praise when I use a short phrase To describe life survived strife arrived with kni Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Report: Spike Lee creating ESPN digital short about Mizzou protests Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Watch 7-Minute Kendrick Lamar Musical Soliloquy in Short Film, 'God Is Gangsta' Black Entertainment 1
Enki Black Poetry : DARK SIDE OF THE EARTH - ANTI-BULLYING SPOKEN WORD POETRY SHORT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
RAPTOR Black People : "Black Life is Treated With Short Worth": Talib Kweli & Rosa Clemente on Michael Brown Shooting Black People Open Forum 0
Angela22 Black Short Stories : Red Rose (a mini-short) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : 10 short facts on Slavery AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Malcolm Shabazz short facts AACOOLDRE 2
S Black People : Wonderful Short Film: "Ties That Bind" by Angela Gibbs Black People Open Forum 7
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Kelis featuring Too Short - Bossy Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Vincent Stacy Henry The Front Porch : Short Stories... The Front Porch 1
S Black People : FILM: Traum.. short film (8 mins) by Michael Fequiere. Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People : Skuderjaymes's incredibly short guide to loving black people. Black People Open Forum 9
SophiaG Black Short Stories : An Excerpt from an Afterward by Dean Koontz on Writing Short Stories Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Albertina Walker - Short History Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black People : Black Film: The Cry Of Jazz (1959).. excellent short film. Black People Open Forum 1
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Short note to the young kings Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Omowale Jabali Pan Africanism : A Short History of Mafia Island African American History Culture 1
NittyGrit Black Poetry : A Glory Short of Grace Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : The Short Version Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Day late, dollar short Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
A Black People : Short stories Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : Short keystyle Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : A Short Bibliography on Jesus AACOOLDRE 38
R Black Poetry : Short keystyle Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Short Keystyle Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
A Black Poetry : Short Sumthin' Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
R Black Poetry : Short keystyle Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
A Black Poetry : short letter no. 1 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6