- Sep 12, 2009
- Reverend Al Sharpton's National Action Network (NAN) has apparently been receiving thousands of dollars in donations from corporations
- In return, they have received preacher's 'influence in black community'
- More often than not, this has involved Sharpton's silence, it is claimed
- Sony Pictures co-chair Amy Pascal met with activist following Sony hack
- Leaked emails showed her apparently mocking Obama in 'racist emails'
- She and colleagues said to be 'shaking in their boots' and 'afraid of Rev'
- NAN has received donations from Macy's, AT&T and Honda in the past
are in the spotlight, it has been claimed.
For more than 10 years, firms have reportedly handed over enormous donations and consulting fees
to the activist preacher's National Action Network (NAN)
In return for their cash, they have received Sharpton's supposed influence in the black community - or
more often, his silence on the matter, it is reported.
'Al Sharpton has enriched himself and NAN for years by threatening companies with bad publicity if
they didn’t come to terms with him,' said Ken Boehm, chairman of the National Legal & Policy Center,
a watchdog group in Virginia that has produced a book on the Harlem minister.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...large-corporations-claimed.html#ixzz3O3B7Mg00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook