Black Poetry : Scriptures Of My Veins

LyricalOasis

Jul 14, 2003
Florida
Occupation
N/A
Scriptures of My Veins

I am engraving these scriptures to my veins.
The words of "our father who art in heaven holy is thy name."
Maintain this celestial mentality.
Hold these verses to be true.
I write proverbs on my baby blue horizon lines
building my own "word" all brand new.
Half wit detained underneath this rock of fertility,
Wonder when my candle must melt, must blow out.
These four walls surround me, shape my mind
I am locked in confusion, and my heart in knots, trying to pull my way out.
I am flowing subliminally into some infinite realm.
Choking on sand and dirt and grime.
My knowledge sure lessens percents day by day.
I have demolished all hope within me, thrown away my contagious smile.
Desolate in isolation
The crickets they no longer are screeching,
The crickets they've run into secret meeting.
Isolation loneliness in my Nubian poetic era,
I read a great deal and no knowledge comes to mind why I stop strolling and the world is still rolling.
Bloodthirsty heathens inhabit the lands where my celestial being once resided.
Under extreme pressure I break vows made unto my first heart, I wish I could erase, mistakes I hold in my left-hand nature's glue, this disgrace, this shame.
Lied and cheated and killed.
Constantly messing up,
Making goals never committed for.
My physical state sits basically not giving a ****.
These swears slip as lubrication through my freely expressive tongue.
Driving over "Peace River" my mind and heart fight private battles over what should be righteous or wrong for me.
The bull**** I say all day slowly diminishing the logical reason I've created overtime.
Letting selfish ****** get to my mind controlling my ability to perceive, my ability to believe ability to have reasoning.
Every intersection in my vein has nearly been the cause of death and supposes "accidents."
God has certainly been standing there but she has constantly made lame mistakes, his help can only go so far.

Nymphy Oboute
November 2003

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Nice flow LyricalOasis
As the flow goes thru your veins, and the four walls holding you in spread apart stay true to yourself, or be pulled apart.

Rushing thoughts go through my mind, of where you are. I taste the isolation. The lack of expression that consumes me. Exert my will. But over whom. With whom will I take the lasting moments I need. Sometimes I find myself among a crowd. But i'm still feeling alone. Trapped inside those four walls. Looking out the windows of my soul. My eyes water, blurring the vision of truth. Still I know it will all be OK.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Black Spirituality Religion : What scriptures from the old testament should a person read to become a better man? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
A Black Spirituality Religion : what scriptures in the Old Testament would you recommend on understanding the nature of a woman? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
A Black Spirituality Religion : What scriptures in the Old Testament support the belief that women are more emotional than men and m Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
I Black Spirituality Religion : If God is a Spirit why is He called in the scriptures "He" and not "It?" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 51
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black Spirituality Religion : EXCLUSIVE....True Hebrews of the Scriptures Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
R Black Poetry : One dude’s flowing scriptures would paint glowing pictures and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Flow wild scriptures got profile pictures on my medallion Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Keita Kenyatta Black Spirituality Religion : This Review Is From: The X-rated Bible: An Irreverent Survey Of Sex In The Scriptures (paperback) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black Hebrew Israelites : We are the true children of the scriptures... Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 4
SAMURAI36 Black Spirituality Religion : WHAT DOES "SCRIPTURES" MEAN TO YOU? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
I Black Spirituality Religion : Were There People Of The Scriptures A Part Some Secret Society Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
info-moetry Black Spirituality Religion : PEACE..........No scriptures please/use your mind!!!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 42
I Black Spirituality Religion : Does The Quran Say It Confirms The Scriptures Of Before The Quraan ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 93
M Black Spirituality Religion : The Holy Scriptures Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
I Black Spirituality Religion : According To The Scriptures The're Three Jesus Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 16
ASHANTA Quiet Poetry Lounge : African Scriptures Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Michelle Obama Tells Young African Leaders: ‘The Blood Of Africa Runs Through My Veins’ Black People Politics 6
OldSoul OldSoul : Open Veins of Latin America - Five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent OldSoul 0
R Black Poetry : Hidden In my Veins Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3