Health and Wellness : Sandbranch, TX. No Running Water

fortitude

Feb 23, 2015

'We appreciate it because we need it': Sandbranch church helps neighbors who don't have running water​

While the city of Sandbranch continues to fight for access to running water, one local church also continues to provide free water to its neighbors.
76d1a529-2355-4180-82b7-78127404aa43_16x9.png
76d1a529-2355-4180-82b7-78127404aa43_750x422.png

Credit: Jay Wallis
Author: Jay Wallis (WFAA)
Published: 12:36 PM CDT August 1, 2020
Updated: 12:51 PM CDT August 1, 2020
Facebook Twitter
SAND BRANCH, Texas — Sandbranch is a town about 15 miles south of Downtown Dallas that has been around for 142 years.
The town has never had running water.
It's a common necessity that Jimi Bradford has to find a way to live without, along with his brother, sister, wife, and kids—who all live with him.
"It's rough, man," Bradford said. "It's rough."

For decades, there have been efforts to bring a municipal water system to the area.
There's also been a well-known church that is helping act as a short-term solution: Mt. Zion Baptist Church of Sandbranch.
For the past 3 to 4 years, members of the church and volunteers show up to the church around 8 a.m. on Saturday to pass out free water and boxes of food.
82f11111-f114-4648-9858-4a016d8a093b_16x9.png
82f11111-f114-4648-9858-4a016d8a093b_1140x641.png

The volunteers will deliver the water and boxes of food directly to a neighbor's car, without making any contact with them.
They stay for about three hours and typically help out about 112 families.
It's volunteer work Chess Jones said she loves to do. She is the announcing clerk for the church.
"As a church, we build community, so it's all about the people and we're here to help the people," Jones said.
Volunteers showed up this Saturday, to provide people with water along with boxes of food that included potatoes, apples, oranges, rice, plums, peaches and cabbage.
10a8003a-c349-4c32-b9b6-853b54558efd_16x9.png
10a8003a-c349-4c32-b9b6-853b54558efd_1140x641.png

Each box of food is taped up and delivered directly to a neighbor's car.
Jones said all the water and food come from other organization's donations and from some of the volunteers who buy it for the church. Mt. Zion also purchases some of the items.
"Being able to be a blessing to somebody is why I wake up every Saturday and do this," Jones said.
Bradford said it's difficult to describe what this type of donation means for his family.
"It's kind of hard to express, but it's joyful," Bradford said. "I love it. And I love them. I appreciate everything they're doing. We appreciate it because we need it."
While the Sandbranch community is the church's focus, Jones said her team will also help out neighboring communities like Seagoville, Mesquite and Pleasant Grove.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/sandbranch-church-helps-neighbors-who-dont-have-running-water/287-cea9b109-88ac-46de-8bd2-3c1f96e4ad13

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
This is total neglect from government officials.
The City of Dallas contaminated their water, with it's pollutants. Yet no humane hearts care from the corporate level.

1878 - Sandbranch was moved into by Families

===============
Go Fund Me - page started years ago

====================

======================

Construction Completion Date : March 1, 2023 - a pipe is actually a mile away from the residence.

March 2023 is the date of install if they do actually put in water pipes. This funding proposal is more like a planning commission cost analysis. They spent the money granted on lawyers and surveys..

Currently the homes in the Sandbranch Development do not have a potable drinking water source and the residents rely on bottled water for drinking. The City of Dallas has an existing 8-inch potable water line less than one mile away from Sandbranch.

The water system improvements selected for the proposed project include installing approximately 26,000 linear feet of new 6-inch or 8-inch PVC water distribution lines and appurtenances such as fire hydrants, gate valves, meter connections, bores, etc. The proposed water system improvements also include a tie-in to the City of Dallas' water line and installing a pump station with water storage, pumps, and disinfection facilities.

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
There must be resources within that land.

That is why they are being starved and bought out. Because the evaluation of those resources can't proceed with a single resident still living there.
=================
Petition that should be circulated around Dallas for sure

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Do those in Texas realize that many of their local leaders let this happen? Do they realize that they must be recalled and voted out? Because not doing so is why Cancun Cruz thought he could go to Mexico.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Black Entertainment : Guess Who’s Running for President? Black Entertainment 2
IFE Black Positive People : 9-Year Old Queen Running Her Own Home-Based Line of Bath Products Black People Doing Positive Things 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : running for mayor.... Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : African American Entrepreneurs Who Are Running Billion-Dollar Businesses Black Money Business Jobs 0
Angela22 Black People : Running in Circles Black People Open Forum 4
Liberty Black People Politics : Kanye West is running for President in 2020? Black People Politics 25
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : FSU running back not guilty of punching woman outside of bar Black Sports 0
RAPTOR Black Money Business Jobs : China stuns financial markets by devaluing yuan for second day running Black Money Business Jobs 1
RAPTOR The Police : A Black Site in Chicago? Police Accused of Running Secret Compound for Detentions & Interrogations Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
H Black Poetry : Running Rooftops Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Is Walking Just as Good as Running? Black Health and Wellness 69
Kemetstry Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Walking Is Just as Good as Running for Heart and Brain Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
Destee Law Forum : If You're Running from the Police - Don't Hide at Destee Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 31
Fine1952 Black People : Running 4 Her Life Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Please Tell Me Why The Same Bloodline Is Running The World? Black People Open Forum 0
1poetsought Black Poetry : Running Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Feather Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Running Out of Time - The Hourglass! Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Roy Ayers, Running Away Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Knowledge Seed Black Positive People : Black Power: 4 Black-owned TV networks up and running and 2 more are on the way! Black People Doing Positive Things 3
Indigo Blues Black People : Who Is Running America? Black People Open Forum 48
MsInterpret Black People : 95 Year old woman sets running record Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Charles Barron running for gov will split the vote and Paladino wil win!!! Black People Open Forum 7
river Black People : Is It the System of the People Running the System? Black People Open Forum 10
P Black People : After all of this mess, why is Cheney still running around free from prosecution? Black People Open Forum 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Running For Your Life Chief Elder Osiris 0
ru2religious Black Spirituality Religion : Running to the past to cope with future Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : RUNNING NUMBERS. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 84
I Black People : The Drug/Rum Running Kennedys! Black People Open Forum 1
Thuso Black People Politics : Who should Obama Choose as a Running Mate? Black People Politics 26
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHEN RUNNING FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THE LAST THING YOU NEED IS EXPER Chief Elder Osiris 0
river Black People : Black Candidates Running as a Republican Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : NO ****** RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT...GO RUN AFRICA Chief Elder Osiris 2
S Black People Politics : Is This Why Barack Obama Is Running For President??? Black People Politics 60
C Quiet Poetry Lounge : Running Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
nevar Black Short Stories : Running from Evil........ Short Stories - Authors - Writing 6
howardtsu Black Poetry : Our Meter is Running Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
watzinaname Black Haiku : Running Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
K Black Short Stories : Running to Nowhere Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
K Black Poetry : Running Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Therious Black People : ALLAN KEYS RUNNING 4 SENATE Black People Open Forum 42
MzBlkAngel Quiet Poetry Lounge : Running Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
K Black People : World's Oil Running Out Fast? Black People Open Forum 3
A Quiet Poetry Lounge : Running my mouth' Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
P Black Poetry : Running Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
P Spoken Word : Running Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : Running Away Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
DIIMOND Black Poetry : My Imaginations running... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
T Black Women : Why Do We Keep Running? Black Women 30
R Black Poetry : you come running, jolaina Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
M Black Poetry : He Came Running! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1