Black Money Business Jobs : SAM'S CLUB CEO ATTACKED FOR PROMOTING DIVERSITY

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Sam’s Club CEO Talks Diversity and White Men Are Outraged; Comments Deemed ‘Racist’
Sam’s Club CEO Rosalind Brewer sparked controversy on social media after saying in an interview that she planned to call out a supplier whose team was made up entirely of white men.

By: Stephen A. Crockett Jr.
Posted: Dec. 15 2015 8:48 AM

Yahoo! Finance reports. "My executive team is very diverse, and I make that a priority. I demand it within my team."

Brewer then added: "Just today we met with a supplier, and the entire other side of the table was all Caucasian males. That was interesting. I decided not to talk about it directly with [the supplier's] folks in the room because there were actually no female, like, levels down. So I'm going to place a call to him."

The comment caused uproar on Twitter, with several people calling Brewer's comments "racist" to white men. Yahoo! Finance points out that Brewer's executive team is made up of eight people, four of whom are white men. But that didn't stop the Twitter mob, which proclaimed that it had spent its last dollar at the big-box wholesale store.

Several took to the store's Facebook page to voice their outrage.

"As a white male I'm deeply offended by the remarks of your employee," one person wrote on Sam's Club's Facebook page. "We will not be patronizing Sam's Club until this is corrected."

"Racism is alive and well in America," another user wrote. "I will never spend a dime in a Sam's club!"
Those offended by Brewer's comments are going to have a tough time shopping, since Wal-Mart, Sam's Club's parent company, is standing behind Brewer's statement.

"For years we've asked our suppliers to prioritize the talent and diversity of their sales teams calling on our company," Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon told Yahoo! Finance.

"Roz was simply trying to reiterate that we believe diverse and inclusive teams make for a stronger business," he said. "That's all there is to it, and I support that important ideal."

Read more at Yahoo! Finance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Black Phoenix Steals and Deals : $45 Sam's Club Plus Membership + $21.94 Fresh Food Offers + $20 Gift Card + More Shopping - Steals and Deals! 1
Chevron Dove Black Christians : SAM-HAIN ~ BLACK OUIN FESTIVAL Christian Study Group 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Watch Rare Spike Lee Interview on Tarantino Feud, Denzel Washington Chiming in + Sam Jackson Taking Black Entertainment 1
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Magic Sam - All Of Your Love Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Magic Sam-I Feel So Good (I Wanna Boogie) Black Entertainment 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Ancestors : Sam Greenlee, Author of ‘The Spook Who Sat By the Door,’ Has Died Honoring Black Ancestors 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : Rams Make Michael Sam First Openly Gay Player Drafted in NFL Black Sports 23
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Magic Sam - What Have I Done Wrong Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Uncle Sam - I Don't Ever Want TO See You Again Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Sam Cooke, Bring it on Home To Me Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Sam & Dave Black Entertainment 2
KWABENA Black Entertainment : Sam Cooke Black Entertainment 11
D Sam Cooke & Marvin Gaye On American Masters Black Men 6
T Black People : Sam Bowers dies at 82 Black People Open Forum 4
river Black Spirituality Religion : For the Love Of ((((((((((SAM)))))))))) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Mad Skillz Black Sports : James Toney vs Sam Peter Black Sports 8
C Black People : Hey sam! Black People Open Forum 2
M Black Sports : Jermaine Taylor v Sam Soliman April 15 Black Sports 2
P Sam Sharpe Honoring Black Ancestors 2
river Black Women : Sam Black Women 3
P Nigeria : Sam "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter vs. Taurus “The Bull” Sykes this saturday! Nigeria 8
R Black Spirituality Religion : Alright Brutha Sam... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
Isaiah THE ULTIMATE SAM COOKE WEBSITE... Honoring Black Ancestors 4
Isaiah Black Entertainment : THE ULTIMATE SAM COOKE WEBSITE... Black Entertainment 1
Khasm13 Khasm13 : old sam hain Khasm13 11
blakverb Black Poetry : Another venting session...Uncle Sam found hung Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
R Black Poetry : Being hot from the hood is not good in any manner a plenty bandannas are worn by many car parked at the club but got a bad spark plug and my heart l Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : A club could be a heavy stick get a hug in a CHEVY with a chick read a map of town begin to flirt in a wraparound denim skirt at a party it serves he Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : Arrived at the club deprived of lovebut survived a hug delivered by a chickstarted to quiver quick and licked her lipsclub a boss sitebut lost m Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
HODEE Black People : The Officer Knew George Floyd both worked security at the same club. Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Put words on a truck and these nerds better duck make birds fly up lost in the sky while girls toss pie on a sexual high take vocab to the club for ac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Its clear doe a year ago a boy starved for sex carved some complex words in a love letter in the club her thing wetter and the wetter the better acco Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : They play this is every club find out I'm very thug got a drop top whip like DOUGI FRESH bee-bop script grab a hottie at the party bar you in jump in Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Chyko Black Entertainment : "Kobe So Powerful" - Meek Mill Reveals How The Whole Club Started Chanting Deceased Five-time NBA Champion's Name While He Was Performing In The Club Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Slave cemetery poses questions for Florida country club African American History Culture 4
R Black Poetry : it's cumming boo wanna squeeze and love so lets leave the club you know that'll please a thug quicker to write a particular type it's a black low cut Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : this been a nation with a generation that parade in the club and has made love the focus of attention so like a locust in a dimension he's ready to ho Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : a kiss can spin a brisk wind Which is a sign of love Online or the club Oh he jest kissed her lips While she twist her hips And said goodnight She fro Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
O Black Entertainment : The Breakfast Club Black Entertainment 13
R Black Poetry : My corrupt fate is not up-to-date twisted at the club and assisted by love see a girl wanna kiss it Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID” “In the club strut butt and rush to thrill i can crush a pill between two spoons while Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : this a club act here and you can't subtract the beer and the whack fear from this and wish they can Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID” “In the club strut butt and rush to thrill i can crush a pill between Two spoons while a b Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Paraphernalia in the club a failure to find love got cake plus always take the bus listen to Black H Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : an ill kiss still exist and love spill this attitude in a club the build the mood on dates for cake, Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID: wanted to invent love so i went to the club to have a jive affair have to strive to compar Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : AFRICA....Welcome to Africa ( club mix ) - Les Mills. Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : amber-rose-is-now-a-proud-strip-club-owner Black People Doing Positive Things 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : sixers rookie, 26 pts in 20 mins...then wore his jersey to the club Black Sports 0