Nigeria : Sam "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter vs. Taurus “The Bull” Sykes this saturday!

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
oceolo said:
I think Peter could definitely win the championship in a couple of years but he still needs to work on his overall skills.
Yeah, he does need to develop his boxing skills. He fights more like a street fighter to me...even brawlers have some technique to their fighting.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Monetary said:
Yeah, he does need to develop his boxing skills. He fights more like a street fighter to me...even brawlers have some technique to their fighting.
I think under a different trainer, Sam Peter would truly be a "Nigerian Nightmare"! He has all the talent in the world, but needs to display better boxing skill before he truly becomes a threat to the best boxers in heavyweight division. As it stands, I really don't see Sam beating any of the 4 heavyweight Champs: 1. (Vitali Klitschko)-too tall, without good head movement or defense, Vitali would pick Peter apart from the outside with his jab. 2. (Chris Byrd)-Byrd would have a field day making Peter miss with those wide punches. 3. (Lamon Brewster)-has to chin to take Peter's bombs, and stamina to outlast him. 4. (John Ruiz)-I give Peter the best chance here. Ruiz can be hurt & knocked out. Because of this, big punches always have a chance against Ruiz. However, Ruiz has the most difficulty against fast fighters. With slow fighters he is usually able to grap them, and turn the fight into a wrestling match. I see him doing this against Peter. The bottom line is that if his handling truly want to see Samuel Peter on top of the division, I think he needs new trainers: Emmanuel Stewart, Buddy McGirt, Floyd Mayweather Sr., Rodger Mayweather, Freddy Roach, Teddy Atlas, any of these guys would be better for Sam.

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
panafrica said:
I think under a different trainer, Sam Peter would truly be a "Nigerian Nightmare"! He has all the talent in the world, but needs to display better boxing skill before he truly becomes a threat to the best boxers in heavyweight division. As it stands, I really don't see Sam beating any of the 4 heavyweight Champs: 1. (Vitali Klitschko)-too tall, without good head movement or defense, Vitali would pick Peter apart from the outside with his jab. 2. (Chris Byrd)-Byrd would have a field day making Peter miss with those wide punches. 3. (Lamon Brewster)-has to chin to take Peter's bombs, and stamina to outlast him. 4. (John Ruiz)-I give Peter the best chance here. Ruiz can be hurt & knocked out. Because of this, big punches always have a chance against Ruiz. However, Ruiz has the most difficulty against fast fighters. With slow fighters he is usually able to grap them, and turn the fight into a wrestling match. I see him doing this against Peter. The bottom line is that if his handling truly want to see Samuel Peter on top of the division, I think he needs new trainers: Emmanuel Stewart, Buddy McGirt, Floyd Mayweather Sr., Rodger Mayweather, Freddy Roach, Teddy Atlas, any of these guys would be better for Sam.
I totally agree. After fighting a few rounds, he tends to get sloppy. He needs to be more discipline. Honestly, if things get heated in the ring, I believe he'll revert back to his street fighting style. I believe that comes to him more naturally.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Monetary said:
I totally agree. After fighting a few rounds, he tends to get sloppy. He needs to be more discipline. Honestly, if things get heated in the ring, I believe he'll revert back to his street fighting style. I believe that comes to him more naturally.
Peter also needs to face harder opposition, and this stage in his career Taurus Kykes can't do anything to help his improvement.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chevron Dove Black Christians : SAM-HAIN ~ BLACK OUIN FESTIVAL Christian Study Group 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Watch Rare Spike Lee Interview on Tarantino Feud, Denzel Washington Chiming in + Sam Jackson Taking Black Entertainment 1
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : SAM'S CLUB CEO ATTACKED FOR PROMOTING DIVERSITY Black Money Business Jobs 6
Black Phoenix Steals and Deals : $45 Sam's Club Plus Membership + $21.94 Fresh Food Offers + $20 Gift Card + More Shopping - Steals and Deals! 1
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Magic Sam - All Of Your Love Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Magic Sam-I Feel So Good (I Wanna Boogie) Black Entertainment 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Ancestors : Sam Greenlee, Author of ‘The Spook Who Sat By the Door,’ Has Died Honoring Black Ancestors 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : Rams Make Michael Sam First Openly Gay Player Drafted in NFL Black Sports 23
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Magic Sam - What Have I Done Wrong Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Uncle Sam - I Don't Ever Want TO See You Again Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Sam Cooke, Bring it on Home To Me Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Sam & Dave Black Entertainment 2
KWABENA Black Entertainment : Sam Cooke Black Entertainment 11
D Sam Cooke & Marvin Gaye On American Masters Black Men 6
T Black People : Sam Bowers dies at 82 Black People Open Forum 4
river Black Spirituality Religion : For the Love Of ((((((((((SAM)))))))))) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Mad Skillz Black Sports : James Toney vs Sam Peter Black Sports 8
C Black People : Hey sam! Black People Open Forum 2
M Black Sports : Jermaine Taylor v Sam Soliman April 15 Black Sports 2
P Sam Sharpe Honoring Black Ancestors 2
river Black Women : Sam Black Women 3
R Black Spirituality Religion : Alright Brutha Sam... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
Isaiah THE ULTIMATE SAM COOKE WEBSITE... Honoring Black Ancestors 4
Isaiah Black Entertainment : THE ULTIMATE SAM COOKE WEBSITE... Black Entertainment 1
Khasm13 Khasm13 : old sam hain Khasm13 11
blakverb Black Poetry : Another venting session...Uncle Sam found hung Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : 'My Nigerian great-grandfather sold slaves' African American History Culture 0
Al D Africa : Young Nigerian Tennis Phenom MaryLove Edwards All Things Africa 0
Perfection Nigeria : In Context Series: IFE in Nigerian Art Nigeria 0
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : NIGERIAN STUDENT DEVELOPES BREAST CANCER CURE Black Health and Wellness 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : trumps-favorite-irish-proverb-is-actually-a-quote-from-a-nigerian-poet Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Every Nigerian should watch this OldSoul 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Nigeria : Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Is Building The Fashion Amazon Of Africa Nigeria 0
Al D Nigeria : Nigerian Black Christ T-Shirts Nigeria 1
jamesfrmphilly Nigeria : nigerian-schoolgirls-released- Nigeria 9
crwn Nigeria : Why Nigerian military has difficulty getting arms from America — U.S. govt. Nigeria 0
Fine1952 Nigeria : More Than 60 Nigerian Girls And Women Escape Kidnappers Nigeria 5
Alarm Clock Nigeria : After 2 Months now, Where are the 300 Nigerian School Girls? Nigeria 30
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Nigerian Authorities Failed to Act on Warnings of School Raid, Amnesty International confirms Omowale Jabali 3
KingSango Nigeria : Posted by a Nigerian brother. African Renassiance. Nigeria 1
sekou kasimu Nigeria : Headline: How Nigerian Citizens Are Mistreated In China! Nigeria 1
Asomfwaa Nigeria : Shocking Report: 77% of All Nigerian Women Use Skin-Lightening Products Nigeria 26
Clyde C Coger Jr Nigeria : Ted Cruz Angers Nigerian-Americans With Obamacare Remarks Nigeria 1
Alarm Clock Nigeria : Nigerian fanatics murder 50 students in their sleep Nigeria 6
Alarm Clock Nigeria : 22 year-old Nigerian breaks academic record at John Hopkins University – Nigeria 0
T Nigeria : Nigerian Billionare: The Real Golden Child Nigeria 0
Ankhur Nigeria : Nigerian Unions get Lower Fuel prices/ and end strike Nigeria 0
Ankhur Nigeria : Why allow religion to seperate us as a Race?/ Nigerian Bombings today Nigeria 71
blackeyes Nigeria : Curls allowed? No, say Nigerian women, who give it to you straight Nigeria 6