Nigeria : Sam "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter vs. Taurus “The Bull” Sykes this saturday!

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
This saturday on Showtime, the top heavyweight prospect, Samuel Peter will face Taurus Sykes. Sam Peter is the guy everyone is predicting to be the next champ, and to bring excitement back into the division. I've seen Peter fight several times, and the man has serious power. He is a little slow, but has been improving. I think this should be an exciting fight. If you have Showtime, check it out at 9:00!

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Monetary said:
Thanks.

I've been hearing his name mentioned a lot lately. I'll make sure I catch this fight. The heavyweight division is shaping up with some relatively young cats trying to stake their claim.
I don't think Peter is ready for the title yet, but he is looking good. I'd disagree that there are a lot of young contenders though. Samuel Peter and Calvin Brock are the only ones worth mentioning at this time. Malcolm Tann who I thought might make some noise has absolutely no chin and 2000 Olympic Gold Metal winner, Audley Harrison is too old (33) and developing too slowly to make a serious shot at the title.

oceolo

Jan 25, 2005
panafrica said:
I don't think Peter is ready for the title yet, but he is looking good. I'd disagree that there are a lot of young contenders though. Samuel Peter and Calvin Brock are the only ones worth mentioning at this time. Malcolm Tann who I thought might make some noise has absolutely no chin and 2000 Olympic Gold Metal winner, Audley Harrison is too old (33) and developing too slowly to make a serious shot at the title.
I think Peter could definitely win the championship in a couple of years but he still needs to work on his overall skills.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Peter annihilates Sykes!

Heavyweight Samuel Peter impressively knocked out Taurus Sykes in round two Saturday night at the Reno Events Center in Reno, Nevada. After a lackluster first round, Peter (24-0, 21 KOs) unleashed an explosive right hand in round two that rocked Sykes (23-2-1, 6 KOs). Peter then pounced on Sykes launched an all out assault that trapped him on the ropes. As Sykes started to topple, Peter connected with two more clean shots. Sykes did not come close to beating the count of referee Vic Draculich. Time was 2:07. With the win, Peter retained his NABF and USBA titles and seized Sykes' NABA crown.
http://www.fightnews.com

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
oceolo said:
I think Peter could definitely win the championship in a couple of years but he still needs to work on his overall skills.
Yeah, he does need to develop his boxing skills. He fights more like a street fighter to me...even brawlers have some technique to their fighting.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Monetary said:
Yeah, he does need to develop his boxing skills. He fights more like a street fighter to me...even brawlers have some technique to their fighting.
I think under a different trainer, Sam Peter would truly be a "Nigerian Nightmare"! He has all the talent in the world, but needs to display better boxing skill before he truly becomes a threat to the best boxers in heavyweight division. As it stands, I really don't see Sam beating any of the 4 heavyweight Champs: 1. (Vitali Klitschko)-too tall, without good head movement or defense, Vitali would pick Peter apart from the outside with his jab. 2. (Chris Byrd)-Byrd would have a field day making Peter miss with those wide punches. 3. (Lamon Brewster)-has to chin to take Peter's bombs, and stamina to outlast him. 4. (John Ruiz)-I give Peter the best chance here. Ruiz can be hurt & knocked out. Because of this, big punches always have a chance against Ruiz. However, Ruiz has the most difficulty against fast fighters. With slow fighters he is usually able to grap them, and turn the fight into a wrestling match. I see him doing this against Peter. The bottom line is that if his handling truly want to see Samuel Peter on top of the division, I think he needs new trainers: Emmanuel Stewart, Buddy McGirt, Floyd Mayweather Sr., Rodger Mayweather, Freddy Roach, Teddy Atlas, any of these guys would be better for Sam.

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
panafrica said:
I think under a different trainer, Sam Peter would truly be a "Nigerian Nightmare"! He has all the talent in the world, but needs to display better boxing skill before he truly becomes a threat to the best boxers in heavyweight division. As it stands, I really don't see Sam beating any of the 4 heavyweight Champs: 1. (Vitali Klitschko)-too tall, without good head movement or defense, Vitali would pick Peter apart from the outside with his jab. 2. (Chris Byrd)-Byrd would have a field day making Peter miss with those wide punches. 3. (Lamon Brewster)-has to chin to take Peter's bombs, and stamina to outlast him. 4. (John Ruiz)-I give Peter the best chance here. Ruiz can be hurt & knocked out. Because of this, big punches always have a chance against Ruiz. However, Ruiz has the most difficulty against fast fighters. With slow fighters he is usually able to grap them, and turn the fight into a wrestling match. I see him doing this against Peter. The bottom line is that if his handling truly want to see Samuel Peter on top of the division, I think he needs new trainers: Emmanuel Stewart, Buddy McGirt, Floyd Mayweather Sr., Rodger Mayweather, Freddy Roach, Teddy Atlas, any of these guys would be better for Sam.
I totally agree. After fighting a few rounds, he tends to get sloppy. He needs to be more discipline. Honestly, if things get heated in the ring, I believe he'll revert back to his street fighting style. I believe that comes to him more naturally.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Monetary said:
I totally agree. After fighting a few rounds, he tends to get sloppy. He needs to be more discipline. Honestly, if things get heated in the ring, I believe he'll revert back to his street fighting style. I believe that comes to him more naturally.
Peter also needs to face harder opposition, and this stage in his career Taurus Kykes can't do anything to help his improvement.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly
Happily Married and doing well❤