African American History Culture : Sad, But True: Why Black Men Die Younger Than Everybody Else

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Sad, But True: Why Black Men Die Younger Than Everybody Else

Ravages Of Racism

... It’s a proven fact that racism, or even perceived racism, gradually and viciously wears down its victims. Men are not exclusively succumbing to racism, but we now know that it is a quiet killer. Lisa Wade, PhD, wrote a story on the dire effects of racism and proclaimed: “Directly and indirectly, racism kills.” A study by PLOS One backs this up stating that a, “unique constellation of environmental stressors and psychosocial challenges experienced by Blacks” accelerates “declines in health and generates racial disparities” ...

http://madamenoire.com/722878/black-fathers-die-younger-everybody-else/

Shutterstock

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
If we don't help & support or own Black men who will? Certainly not "the other man or woman"....All they know is to "use" "misuse" & "abuse" you & when all is said & done they "lose" you.

1. PTSD
2. Clinical stress (Internal & external influenced)
3. Hypertension
4. Senseless murder by racist uncontrollable White police
5. Death via race targeted capitol murder convictions & sentencing
6. Suicide
7. Terminal side effects or targeted symptomatic results of illegal & unethical human experimentation programs
8. Homicide related factors resulting from societal, relationship & environmental issues
9. Failure or refusal to exploit available medical services likening to admitting physical or psychiatric weaknesses
10. Reserved

Nature of the best.

Thank you for your understanding, your support and thank you for the list, mon ami. The Black man is the unknown endangered species by most.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I don't know, Bro. Clyde, that the Black man is an "unknown" endangered species. Part of me believes it is well known, particularly in the medical field and among social-psychologists. Being born Black and a male is becoming a death sentence. Losing our men to deadly diseases brought on by oppression is having a negative and unhealthy impact on Black women as well. Living in a dominating white culture was unhealthy for us from the very beginning and we knew it then as we know it now. When our men suffer, Black women suffer. Our whole family suffers. Black men and Black women need to brace each other up more--love each other more. We need to be each others "rock" and water. Stand strong when we need to and cut through the BS and waste the enemy when we need to. We need to look deeper into each other and not be entrapped by surface features that fade with time. The weave, the swag, the shallow feelings and reckless behavior--we need to end it because it's like a slow walk to the death chamber if we don't.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
I don't know, Bro. Clyde, that the Black man is an "unknown" endangered species. Part of me believes it is well known, particularly in the medical field and among social-psychologists. Being born Black and a male is becoming a death sentence. Losing our men to deadly diseases brought on by oppression is having a negative and unhealthy impact on Black women as well. Living in a dominating white culture was unhealthy for us from the very beginning and we knew it then as we know it now. When our men suffer, Black women suffer. Our whole family suffers. Black men and Black women need to brace each other up more--love each other more. We need to be each others "rock" and water. Stand strong when we need to and cut through the BS and waste the enemy when we need to. We need to look deeper into each other and not be entrapped by surface features that fade with time. The weave, the swag, the shallow feelings and reckless behavior--we need to end it because it's like a slow walk to the death chamber if we don't.

Unlike yourself and a few others, it is certainly unknown Sis. NNQueen to those that do not know or to those that have not connected the dots of peppered racism with the early death, repeat early death of Black men over all others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1poetsought Black Poetry : Sad but True Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Kemetstry Black People Politics : Sad But True Black People Politics 1
M Black Poetry : Sad but true... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
HODEE Black Entertainment : Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song (Official Music Video) Black Entertainment 1
R Black Poetry : In VIRGINIA BEACH devastated as a car accelerated toward me had to duck that's just bad luck a sad c Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
RAPTOR Black People Politics : "Pity the sad legacy of Barack Obama" : Cornel West Black People Politics 83
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : We can feel sad, hurt, demoralized But we can’t give up: Black Lives Matter on Trump’s presidency Black People Politics 5
blazejay Black People : WHAT IS AMERICA GOING TO BE? The Sad Realities of The Coming Downfall Black People Open Forum 8
Enki Black People Politics : It Is Sad When Blacks Are So Scared Of YT That They Can't Admit A Simple Truth. Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous' 'sad' ... But gets it through Black People Politics 22
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : THIS IS SO SAD AND RACIST.... Black People Open Forum 9
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : This is so,so,sad...He won? Black People Open Forum 1
legit-writer Black People : Very Sad Story Black People Open Forum 155
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Bobby Hemmitt Has Just Suffered A Severe Stroke! So Sad!! OMG!! BREAKING NEW Black People Open Forum 4
$$RICH$$ Black People : christine story how sad yet joy! Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Black People : TROY was EXECUTED sad day around the world Black People Open Forum 12
OldSoul OldSoul : "Reverse Racism": A Sad Misnomer for a Tragic Mississippi Murder OldSoul 3
Ankhur Black People : Sad Kwanzaa, / UMOJA let us Unify to Pray for the Murder victim families in Newark Black People Open Forum 1
R Black People : VIDEO LETTER TO NICKI MANAJ AND LIL KIM KINDA SAD Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black Women : First Black SC legislator dies a sad death Black Women 21
R Black Poetry : SAD DAY IN MANHATTAN (911) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
G Black Entertainment : This is sad..... Black Entertainment 13
L Poetry Critiques : sad state of affairs Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
P Black People : Tell me this is NOT sad..... Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : See haters in theatres trying to act bad the facts are sad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MANASIAC Black People : This is Sad Yall Black People Open Forum 6
R Black Poetry : On a sad route like a bad drought no rainfall Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
S Black Poetry : Sad Sad Tale Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
river Antoinette's Sad story Black Health and Wellness 3
A Black People : sister River i was in this moozie zwoozie sad mood but you made me laugh... Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People : Very Sad News... Black People Open Forum 8
anAfrican Black People : strange and sad Black People Open Forum 0
I Black People : Sad day in Philly Black People Open Forum 1
M Black Poetry : ***SAD...SAD LOVE POEM*** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
D Black Relationships : Confused and Sad Black Relationships 2
P Black Entertainment : New pictures of lil kim.... (this is sad) Black Entertainment 39
B Black Poetry : Pain...(i was sad and just started writing..i know its bad...) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
H The Sad State Of Some Of Our Children Black Parenting 2
T Black Poetry : IT'S THE SAME OLD SAD STORY Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
B Black Poetry : JUS SOO SAD Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
P Black People : Something I notice that's pretty sad. Black People Open Forum 21
Bishop Black Poetry : Sad news regarding one of our own... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
K Black Poetry : Erika's Story( a sad tale) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
P Black Poetry : My Sad Song Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
S Black Poetry : Although You Are With Someone Else.... (a sad one) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
S Black Haiku : Sad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
M Black Poetry : from the office to the strip club... sad... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
M Black Poetry : Sad Day In Manhattan (a Repost) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
M Spoken Word : An African lullaby for Rich and his family at this sad time. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
S Black Poetry : Sad Love Song Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3