Black People Politics : russian-propaganda-effort-helped-spread-fake-news-during-election

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...3903b6-8a40-4ca9-b712-716af66098fe_story.html

The flood of “fake news” this election season got support from a sophisticated Russian propaganda campaign that created and spread misleading articles online with the goal of punishing Democrat Hillary Clinton, helping Republican Donald Trump and undermining faith in American democracy, say independent researchers who tracked the operation.

Russia’s increasingly sophisticated propaganda machinery — including thousands of botnets, teams of paid human “trolls,” and networks of websites and social-media accounts — echoed and amplified right-wing sites across the Internet as they portrayed Clinton as a criminal hiding potentially fatal health problems and preparing to hand control of the nation to a shadowy cabal of global financiers. The effort also sought to heighten the appearance of international tensions and promote fear of looming hostilities with nuclear-armed Russia.

Two teams of independent researchers found that the Russians exploited American-made technology platforms to attack U.S. democracy at a particularly vulnerable moment, as an insurgent candidate harnessed a wide range of grievances to claim the White House. The sophistication of the Russian tactics may complicate efforts by Facebook and Google to crack down on “fake news,” as they have vowed to do after widespread complaints about the problem.

There is no way to know whether the Russian campaign proved decisive in electing Trump, but researchers portray it as part of a broadly effective strategy of sowing distrust in U.S. democracy and its leaders. The tactics included penetrating the computers of election officials in several states and releasing troves of hacked emails that embarrassed Clinton in the final months of her campaign.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
So what? So what what? Like you I just asked a benign question. Such a sought after coveted position, did you bow out or were you shown the door? Nothing personal here with this but I read some rather obscure archived thread about some issues with members vs. mods/admins, abuse of power, hidden agendas, yes men, etc. Not that I really care, just as curious as you are about relatively unimportant & mundane matters basically not fit to print but "you" opened this door.

It's a jump from trump to our moderators, past, etc., but i will entertain you.

There is none better to answer such questions than me.

What exactly do you want to know and why please?

:heart:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
There is nothing that I really desire or need to know about anything concerning anything here, the thread in question is in your thread archive, I didn't post it, it was already there for all to read & as a member I read it. There is nothing contained within for anybody to know that hasn't been already addressed. He asked personal questions about me & I rightfully reciprocated with queries of my own concerning him & his take on already existing knowledge as him being an admitted moderator, not site policy or politics.

You asked questions about my Moderating TEAM, yet you really desire or need to know nothing.

That is strange.

:heart:

Destee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : After Russian trolls target black Americans, one city fights back Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : Russian influence comes in to land in Africa South Africa 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Smartphones are paving way for the Antichrist, says head of Russian church Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Computers - Software Hardware : How to make sure Russian hackers can’t attack your home router, again Science and Technology 4
S Black People : Russian Mob Money Helped Build Donald Trump Business Empire Black People Open Forum 1
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : new Russian cyber attack...... Science and Technology 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : obama-becomes-target-of-racist-memes-on-russian-social-media Black People Politics 1
willa Black People Politics : Russian Hacking - Obama News! Black People Politics 16
RAPTOR Black People : Britain's 'Daily Mail' Reports on Russian Attack on British Empire Nazi Links Black People Open Forum 0
Keino Audio Video Web Conferencing : Melanin 9 ft Roc Marciano - White Russian - prod by Anatomy Official Video Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black People Politics : The Russian Obama"I'll work as hard as a negro" Black People Politics 1
cherryblossom Black Poetry : Russian Roulette: Beating The Odds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
HODEE Black People : A small Russian Democracy has it right! Black People Open Forum 2
Ndugu Black Entertainment : White Supremacy hard at work to destroy Malcolm X Legacy, with the Propaganda series "Godfather of Harlem" Black Entertainment 7
Ndugu Black People : Hollywood Propaganda , The Green Book, the Racist Oligarchies , goal for our future! Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obama Quietly Signs The "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act" Into Law Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Brad Pitt calls Mel Gibson's 'Passion of the Christ' 'propaganda' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
RAPTOR Black People Politics : North Korean Documentary film about Western Propaganda Black People Politics 1
shaka64 Black People : Truth Propaganda or both New, aggressive strain of HIV discovered in Cuba Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People : Freedom Rider: Chris Kyle and Media Propaganda Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Glenn Greenwald on How to Be a Terror "Expert": Ignore Facts, Blame Muslims, Trumpet U.S. Propaganda Black People Politics 1
noor100 Black Muslims : Boko Haram and the Propaganda of War, Part1 Islam Study Group 2
Deacs Black People : Stop using propaganda against your people! Black People Open Forum 1
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Interesting North Korean Propaganda film about Western Propaganda. Audio Video Web Conferencing 7
Asomfwaa Black Ancestors : 10 Black Scholars Who Debunked Eurocentric Propaganda Honoring Black Ancestors 1
Destee Black People Politics : North Korean Television Counters "Western Imperialist Propaganda" - Reports on Poverty in America Black People Politics 2
Shikamaru Audio Video Web Conferencing : Propaganda (2012) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : 'white' Slaves Used For 1860s Fundraiser Propaganda Black People Politics 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Power Of Propaganda!!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
Ankhur Black People : The Power of Propaganda Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : The 10 year Right Wing Propaganda of Islamaphobia Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Art of Propaganda AACOOLDRE 1
Ankhur Black People : Is AllAfrica.com real news or White propaganda? Black People Open Forum 8
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Propaganda Omowale Jabali 15
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : looks more like white propaganda then Black spirituality Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 14
Ankhur Black People : More neocon style propaganda; for war in Yemen??? Black People Open Forum 3
Ankhur Black People : Over Population/ White Supremist Propaganda Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : Bush's Minister of Propaganda , still calling shots in Washinton?? Black People Open Forum 0
P Black People : The creepy Science of Propaganda Black People Open Forum 0
N Black Entertainment : Iluminati propaganda dances into the Oscars!!!!!!! Black Entertainment 1
Zulile South Africa : BBC guilty of racist propaganda say South African nations South Africa 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE POWER OF PROPAGANDA AND DIS-INFORMATION Chief Elder Osiris 0
T Black People : PROPAGANDA Black People Open Forum 1
D Sudan : Media Propaganda: Sudanese "Arabs".... Sudan 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Progressive Christians Decry Pastor's Invoking Civil War Over Impeachment Effort Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Marc Gasol part of Mediterranean rescue effort to save shipwrecked migrant woman fleeing Africa Black Sports 1
Liberty Food Discussion : Fruits and Vegetables - Why You Should Make an Extra Effort to Eat More Food Discussion and Recipes 3
Liberty Black Positive People : Chance The Rapper Aids Effort to Bring 1,000 Coats to Homeless In Chicago Black People Doing Positive Things 2
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Wikileaks reveals Sony & US State Dept. mutual effort aimed at ISIS, Russia Black People Politics 123
Destee Black People Politics : My Brother’s Keeper - President Obama to launch major new effort to help young minority men Black People Politics 6