Black Positive People : Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Update,

GLAAD ...
"Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation" to put pressure on media organizations to end homophobic reporting

‘Duck Dynasty’ Reversal: GLAAD Tells A&E Not to Put Profits Over People

‘Duck Dynasty’ Reversal: GLAAD Tells A&E Not to Put Profits Over People

GLAAD responded to A&E’s decision to lift Phil Robertson’s “Duck Dynasty” suspension by calling for a meeting between Robertson, African-Americans and gays.
“Phil Robertson should look African American and gay people in the eyes and hear about the hurtful impact of praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists,” the group said.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynasty-reversal-glaad-tells-e-not-put-143129050.html

Josef

Oct 28, 2008
Occupation
Electrical wiring tech
When in doubt....follow God.

The Word of God:

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
I wonder and maybe I have missed reading it why the bible doesn't speak about std's associated with homosexuality

"Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways "

No mention of aids or other diseases?

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Verse 27 discusses that.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Off topic Fam ...

Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by Clyde Coger, Wednesday at 5:55 PM
http://destee.com/index.php?threads/rev-jackson-phil-robertson-more-offensive-than-rosa-parks-bus-driver.78991/

I wonder and maybe I have missed reading it why the bible doesn't speak about std's associated with homosexuality

"Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways "

Verse 27 discusses that.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Ken Taylor

Aug 27, 2013
The Homosexual agenda is counting on us to get "offended" so that they can use us to cry out against Phil Robertson exercising his freedom of speech and right to express his personal opinion. I don't want GLAAD trying to speak on my behalf. You notice that every time they say something they lead with "African Americans" and then include gay folks as a piggy back.

Why do we need to get offended just because someone has an opinion that we don't like??? I say we have bigger fish to fry and I am not willing to give up my freedom of speech so I don't expect anyone else to give up theirs either. I would challenge Phil Robertson on his opinion concerning the treatment of Blacks and our level of contentment pre-Civil Rights because he is dead wrong, but I have no desire to stop him from expressing his opinion.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
The Homosexual agenda is counting on us to get "offended" so that they can use us to cry out against Phil Robertson exercising his freedom of speech and right to express his personal opinion. I don't want GLAAD trying to speak on my behalf. You notice that every time they say something they lead with "African Americans" and then include gay folks as a piggy back.

Why do we need to get offended just because someone has an opinion that we don't like??? I say we have bigger fish to fry and I am not willing to give up my freedom of speech so I don't expect anyone else to give up theirs either. I would challenge Phil Robertson on his opinion concerning the treatment of Blacks and our level of contentment pre-Civil Rights because he is dead wrong, but I have no desire to stop him from expressing his opinion.

Well said ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍