Black Positive People : Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver

esse Jackson has decided to weigh in on the inflammatory comments that Phil Robertson made to GQ about gays and African Americans.
In an interview with Drew Magary, the "Duck Dynasty" star said the Nazis needed Jesus, that he never saw the mistreatment of African Americans while growing up in Louisiana before the civil rights era and that homosexuality was a sin.
A&E has already suspended Robertson, but Reverend Jackson, his Rainbow PUSH Coalition and GLAAD are demanding to meet with network execs, along with Cracker Barrel's CEO, to discuss the future of all "Duck Dynasty" memorabilia or content.

Jesse Jackson blasts 'Duck Dynasty' star

http://news.yahoo.com/rev-jackson-phil-robertson-39-more-offensive-39-163444371.html

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
When in doubt....follow God.

The Word of God:

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
I don't know what Phil Robertson said about blacks, but whatever it was, it shouldn't be lumped in with what he said about homosexuals.

They are two different things.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
I don't know what Phil Robertson said about blacks, but whatever it was, it shouldn't be lumped in with what he said about homosexuals.

They are two different things.
Not to Duck-boy who did the "lumping":

Jesse and Phil
Jesse Jackson has decided to weigh in on the inflammatory comments that Phil Robertson made to GQ about gays and African Americans.

In an interview with Drew Magary, the "Duck Dynasty" star said the Nazis needed Jesus, that he never saw the mistreatment of African Americans while growing up in Louisiana before the civil rights era and that homosexuality was a sin.

A&E has already suspended Robertson, but Reverend Jackson, his Rainbow PUSH Coalition and GLAAD are demanding to meet with network execs, along with Cracker Barrel's CEO, to discuss the future of all "Duck Dynasty" memorabilia or content.
I heard yesterday that C.r.a.c.k.e.r Barrel is reaffirming its contract with da duck, or something. But that's not surprising. Cracker Barrel was loaded with homosexual managers at most of its restaurants in the beginning. It was gays who brought it to its prominence today. In the late 1980s/early 1990's and once the money started rolling in and number of restaurants grew, however, they "purged" their stores of homosexual management AND workers.

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Not to Duck-boy who did the "lumping":

I heard yesterday that ******* Barrel is reaffirming its contract with da duck, or something. But that's not surprising. ******* Barrel was loaded with homosexual at most of its restaurants when it was small. It was they who brought it to its prominence today. Once the ball got rolling, however, they "purged" their stores of homosexual management AND workers.
Hi Kadijah, sweetie!

I hope you've been doing well.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that Phil Robertson's assertion that he never saw mistreatment of black americans in the south was based on his own experiences.

The whole world knows that blacks suffered in the south as well as the north.

They should focus only on the statement he made about gays and not try to confuse the issue by bringing up that other stuff!

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: