Black People : Researching African American Communities

ComUnity Uplifter

Apr 25, 2013
Peace Family,

I need some help. I am attempting to research African American communities/cities and why those communities functioned better than our current setup of the European based cities (planning to go back to school soon for my phd, and would like to center around this topic). I know the obvious reasons why this Euro based cities do work well for us but I am trying to dive in much deeper into the cities and communities that were designed, built and ran by our people.

I know that some of the obvious cities and communities like Black Wall Street (Greenwood, Tulsa), and Rosewood. But my search for deeper info on these places and more are coming up short. So if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to look or provide some deeper knowledge on these communities/cities I would be truly grateful. Anything would help (Documentaries, Articles, Websites, Books, etc)

Thank you in advance Family

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Peace Family,

I need some help. I am attempting to research African American communities/cities and why those communities functioned better than our current setup of the European based cities (planning to go back to school soon for my phd, and would like to center around this topic). I know the obvious reasons why this Euro based cities do work well for us but I am trying to dive in much deeper into the cities and communities that were designed, built and ran by our people.

I know that some of the obvious cities and communities like Black Wall Street (Greenwood, Tulsa), and Rosewood. But my search for deeper info on these places and more are coming up short. So if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to look or provide some deeper knowledge on these communities/cities I would be truly grateful. Anything would help (Documentaries, Articles, Websites, Books, etc)

Look to the many all Black or predominantly Black towns in Oklahoma.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Peace Family,

Check this out.
http://www.blacktownsproject.org

I have a book that I need to locate. I will get back this weekend or next if I can find it. Need to search through storage.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: