Black People : Rep. John Lewis, Civil Rights Icon, on the Struggle to Win, and Now Protect, Voting Rights in U.S.

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
You might also need and want to ask him about the flip flop he's a bad reflection of, i. e., when he failed to aid my Black Cherokee neighbors struggle to get the mainstays of the Cherokee Nation and/or the U. S. government to honor the treaty agreements etc., which both made their ex slave ancestors full members of the indian nation today's Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma base their existence on, and some dared to deny today's Black Freedmen Descendants have a right to be a part of...

His kissing up to one of his indian supporters, i. e., former Principal Chief Chad Smith, at one past even was downright embarassing, though it amused and suprised Smith and his clique in attendance at the time...

Some black elected officials are the worst sort of stereotypes, doing the bidding of whoever backs their election or reelection bids, too...

So, as per usual, be cautious and wary, since some white mainstays (mis) use others to mislead our efforts, too...

The black disapora in the states is a lot more diverse than some here tend to admit, (at least not in public or in print)...

FYI...

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Does the very hyping of this black elected official as a 'civil rights icon' imply or suggest no examination of his record is needed or called for?

In times like these: I suggest we take nobody and nothing for granted!

FYI

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Let me try to get my mind around this premise:

John Lewis, who was a young Civil Rights activist, way back when, goes on when he became an adult to run for political office, winds up becoming a U. S. House of Representative member, and by some sort of magic, is now on the same level as a John Conyers, or having been among the many supporters of the Civil Rights Movement, an expert on Voting Rights laws, etc.?

Based on what?!?

Sez who?!?

Since when!?!

If one of your nieces/nephews/grandkids/etc. came home, and claimed their favorite teacher would be a better parent than their own by biology, would that make any sense, too???

SMH

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
This thread and many comments on them continue to be bad reflections of people reacting and overreacting to what some were and are doing to undermine our rights of self and/or collective determination:

What can and will you suggest we do to perserve and/or protect what past movements won for us all?

This inquiring mind would appreciate suggestions about that too!

FYI...

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!