Black Poetry : Relationships, Common Dreams. It seems like a dream. I want it to be so.

HODEE

Alonewolf
Jul 2, 2003
Relationships, Common Dreams. It seems like a dream. I want it to be so.

I was walking down the street and I saw someone I knew. I was standing talking and you walked up. A friend of ours came up to me the other day and said you were mad at me. They told me you hated me. I want to talk with you. I want to clear the air. I want to love you. I want to be your friend at least. You still mean so much to me. Someone I still care about. Someone I still had feelings for. I saw someone I still loved. I waved and looked at them waiting at least to be acknowledged. It didn’t happen. I thought maybe they didn’t see me. They were looking straight at me. They were staring at me too. I never forget someone. Especially a face. I may forget their name. Because I get so busy. So much on my mind sometimes. So many people I know. Then again I just drew a blank moment. My sharp mind just failed me especially when I need it to react to the situation. How could they not see me? Do I wave again?

I possess no pride, that I over ride how I think and feel. I have no self thoughts of revenge. Thoughts that keep me from being honest with how I feel. Thoughts that keep me from doing something others would never do. Like saying I’m sorry. I’m very sorry. I care about you.

I feel this way about you and you’re special. I think about you all the time. Sharing desires to be needed by them desires to be wanted by them too. I miss you. I miss your smile.

I love you. I love you so much. I have no problem saying any of those things. I’m not perfect. I know they misunderstand something about me. I’m not complex. But I know they misunderstood something about me. I don’t mix words. But do know they misunderstood something about me. I was misjudged. I was slow to see. I misunderstood the intent of my actions. Something happened to cause this situation. I search for answers after it smacks me clear in the face. Usually after they have gone. Left my life. Vanished into the ether.

But I see them now. Standing clear as day. Right in front of me. So I do wave again. This time I approach them. Not in a bold way. Because I do not believe intimidation will win at this point. It is a delicate situation. Because I feel the emotion of patching this misunderstanding up is important to me. I at least would like to clear the air.

We may never be friends again. We may never again be lovers. It may be the way I find peace. Inner peace within myself. A resolution. I want to say I am sorry. I would like to add I miss you. Even though I know we will never come together again. I have to say something. If I could hold you that would make a difference. Around your waist was my favorite place to hold you by my side. But I would settle for a hand shake, hand held look into your eyes.

While we talk. I so much want to talk with you. I have so much I need to say. I apologize. Hand holding. Touching. I believe the intimacy is transferred that way.

Also I want you take me serious.
I want you to know.

I miss you.

I still need you.

I still want you.

I still love you so.

I am sorry things had to end this way. The way they were before. I’m sorry things had to end this way need I say more? Now I have new direction in my life. I have matured and grown since we were last together. I’m wiser more aware. I’m sorry things had to end that way. Need I say more? :hearts2: My heart is no longer injured. :injured: Now I can sleep. I feel better now. One by one we will meet agin. I will go thru the same thing to try and win a friend. Life can be short. Life can be long. We don't and aren't promised tomorrow. So I do this as I go along. I am at peace.

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
So much was conveyed in this piece, and each touched me. Sometimes pride gets in the way of saying sorry because we feel it will make us lose face. Yet if we wait too long to say it, we could lose what could have possibly been gained---a relationship, if not a love, then at least a friendship. Much can happen with time, bitterness can grow, but so can forgiveness if the right feelings are conveyed, if they are conveyed in a timely fashion. The concept of time can mean so much.
You also spoke of feelings. If you truly love, those feelings seem to hold on forever, don't they? Despite words said, and actions displayed, it's as though the love has a vise hold upon you. I suppose this is why we hurt so much when relationships end, because those feelings, haven't. What makes me smile is that you are now at peace despite it all. Peace...It's what we all search for. Sorry to be so long winded, but I really felt this piece. Peace.

LOL...I had another thought, had to add this though. You added the concept of friends to the mix. Some 'friends" are anything but. And will spend more time trying to destroy something that you have, than trying to do what is best for you and your relationship. We are to be very leery of
those...

gempis

May 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
Occupation
strength coach
Beautifully expressed courage, love and grace, brothah HODEE. I really respect this piece to the maximum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
A Black Poetry : Relationships Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Hypersonic Black Relationships : Frustrated w/Black Relationships Black Relationships 11
Liberty Black Relationships : #1 Reason Women Pull Away From Relationships Black Relationships 19
Liberty Black Relationships : #1 Reason Men Pull Away From Relationships Black Relationships 120
Liberty Black Relationships : Dave Chappelle on Male-Female Relationships Black Relationships 0
Liberty Black Women : Straight From His Mouth: Why Do Women Settle For Bad Sex In Relationships? Black Women 18
ru2religious Black People : Media pushing white men and black women relationships Black People Open Forum 211
_NortheastGroover_ Black Relationships : Abusive Relationships Black Relationships 131
ProphetikGeneral Black Relationships : The Complex Style of Relationships-Tips for a Brotha Black Relationships 1
KaHotep Black Poetry : relationships Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
FINDLOVEINME_RETURNS Black Relationships : Women That Stay In ABUSIVE Relationships(WHY)? Black Relationships 19
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : BLACK WOMEN--WHITE MEN Relationships . . . Chevron Dove 4
noor100 Black Muslims : Shahrazad Ali on Black Man and Woman Relationships Islam Study Group 5
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dr. Umar Johnson - Interracial Relationships 3 AND 4 Black People Open Forum 9
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dr. Umar Johnson - Interracial Relationships Pt.1 and 2 Black People Open Forum 1
K Black Relationships : Survey on Close Relationships among Blacks Black Relationships 10
kusi Black Relationships : Modern Marriage Has Failed Relationships! Pt.2 Black Relationships 0
kusi Black Relationships : Modern Marriage Has Failed Relationships! Black Relationships 10
RAPTOR Black Relationships : Dr. Amos Wilson: Black Male And Female Relationships Black Relationships 0
rapunzal24 Black Parenting : Relationships between parents and children. Black Parenting 10
RAPTOR Black People : Interracial Relationships (IR) And Black Liberation. Is there a conflict of interest? Black People Open Forum 137
B Black Relationships : No relationships in 2011! Black Relationships 7
L Black People : Why have I been avoiding relationships? Black People Open Forum 6
Destee Black Relationships : Sisters Want Someone To Blame For Their Bad Relationships Black Relationships 176
B Black Relationships : ARE THE CHANGING ROLES OF BLACK WOMEN HURTING OUR RELATIONSHIPS ?? Black Relationships 71
Knowledge Seed Black People : Street Psychology: A Simple System for Improving Relationships in Everyday Life Black People Open Forum 2
mizjoice Black Poetry : [B]Level two: Relationships [/B] Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
P Black People : African Diasporan Relationships: Acknowledging its existence. Black People Open Forum 5
Bootzey Black Relationships : May/December Relationships Black Relationships 43
$$RICH$$ Black People : Relationships moral of sex and good health(34 reasons why) Black People Open Forum 21
M Black Relationships : (Article)What’s causing the crisis in black relationships? Black Relationships 4
D Black Relationships : Money Issues In Black Male and Female Relationships by George Subira. N-E-1 read it? Black Relationships 0
G Black People : The State of Black America-Black Relationships Black People Open Forum 0
I Black Relationships : Black Women and Relationships Black Relationships 15
D Black Relationships : Two wrongs make a right - that's REVENGE (justice) for failed relationships Black Relationships 0
c-note Black Relationships : What is going right with Black relationships Black Relationships 9
S Black Relationships : Do we want the best, yet expect the worst in our relationships? Black Relationships 52
Isaiah Black Relationships : WHY DO SOME BROTHERS PLACE SO MUCH BLAME FOR OUR BAD RELATIONSHIPS ON SISTERS??? Black Relationships 176
C Black Relationships : Personal Privacy in Relationships? Black Relationships 35
C Black Relationships : Biggest Issues in Black relationships Black Relationships 63
PurpleMoons Black Relationships : When relationships end Black Relationships 12
A Black People : Why did anyone here Move my question? about love relationships? Black People Open Forum 4
D Black People : What has past relationships taught you? Black People Open Forum 17
W Pan-Africanism : pan-Africanism and relationships Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 173
N Black Relationships : Long Distance Relationships Black Relationships 15
daroc Black Relationships : student/faculty relationships Black Relationships 2
N Black Relationships : Sacrifices for relationships Black Relationships 34
P Black Relationships : At what age, do age differences stop becoming important in relationships? Black Relationships 7
P Africa : The Joy & Pain of Inter-racial relationships: A African Perspective. All Things Africa 11