Black Relationships : Relation SHIP: The Poetry of Purpose.

Metaverse

Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
An Elderly Black couple were in the park, sitting on a bench, holding hands- laughing, smiling and throwing pieces of bread towards a small flock of pigeons. A younger couple were walking by and observed them and decided to ask. "How long have you two been together?" The Elder Wife replied: "We've been together for almost 50 years, we met right out of High School."

The younger couple exclaimed "50 years!! Good Lord!! How did you manage to stay together this long?" The Elder Husband laughed at them and said: " Don't listen to her, we've been together for almost 50 years but we've broken up thousands of times. See you young people, when you get mad at each other, that's it- it's time to leave- you end it. Nothing works like that. If your car breaks down, you don't throw it away, you fix it. And if its a car not worth fix'in, you shouldn't be driving it in the first place!"

The Wife went on to say "What he meant is, this is a Relation ship. Not a Relation boat, but a ship. All hands on deck. It takes work. Life ain't easy, don't expect the ship to be easy either. Don't look for an easy ride. Lots of storms out there. Lots of rough waters. But would you rather face those waters alone? Or would you rather have someone to share those battles with?" The young couple took their advice, and after a very heated argument later on that day, it was decided they were both driving a car that wasn't worth fixing. So they broke up. But they both went on to find partners that could handle the storms along with them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
A Man comes home from work, and just as his Woman is about to open up her mouth he says: "Baby, I go out into the world and I have battles to fight, why do I have to fight a battle when I come home too? Is there any place I can go for peace?" She settles down. She zips her lips with an invisible zipper and throws it under the couch pillow and sits down. "All I want is a time for peace, can we take a time out for peace?"

She puts aside her battling spirit for a moment. He sits down on the couch with her and eases his arms around her waist and places his head on her shoulders. It feels special. In that particular moment, at that particular time while the heat from her heart is still burning, she forgets what all the arguments were about. Perhaps its habitual. A little baby girl comes running in from the other room, the Mother picks her up, and motions her to kiss Daddy. The entire family, sits there, in quite and peace, no television, no radio, no talking - just the presence of one another. Little baby girl needs peace too. She understands peaces. She lays her head on Mommy's chest and allows the rhythm of her heartbeat to put her to sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------

It is tomorrow morning 7 AM. You wake to the sound of frantic noises in the streets. You look out the window and people are running everywhere. What is going on? You turn on the news, and reports are saying a meteor the size of Texas is headed for Earth. It will be a direct hit. All life on Earth will be destroyed, you have only 7 minutes left. 7:07. the end of life as we know it.

For the next 7 minutes after hearing such news, you will only think about the truth. All the illusions about life will have no time to occupy your brain. Bills, car payments, rent- food- water, none of these things will be of any importance during these 7 minutes.

In those last minutes, we live for love and only love. We live to tell our Mothers, I love you. We live wishing we had more time to show love. Why does it have to end this way? Why now? We prepare our minds of our Creator. But in those 7 minutes, if we are lucky enough to have a loving partner, we hold them. We squeeze them tightly. And the thoughts we have for them in those last minutes are the thoughts we will carry over with us.

Choose your words wisely, because moments are all we have. Words have a terrible habit of defining the moment.

In an average of 7 minutes, we meet people that we will never see again ever in life. Sometimes a Man chooses to reward a passing Woman with his ignorance. A piece of him she will take with her nonetheless, as a representative of why certain desires will never come to pass. And it may take a Woman an average of 7 minutes to run off her grocery list of expectations to a Male solicitor. It takes him less than 7 minutes to vanish.

Relation Ships aren't built on mere words, but the poetry of purpose. A Man never leaves a place he is supposed to be, and neither does a Woman. Its called knowing your purpose in the Relationship. When a Man leaves, more than likely it is because he was in a place he didn't feel he belonged. We belong to gangs, we belong to Churches, we belong to organizations - yet not to each other? Belonging is a requirement for growth, stability and love. But its hard to teach the truth about possession to the "possessed."

Purpose is the gravity and "gravy" of a Relation Ship. No one stays there if there is no reason to be there.

Men and Women find their purpose through each other. If there were a cosmic court, and one had to be called to testify about Women it would be Men. And if one were called to testify about Men it would be Women. True judgment can only be based on how we treat our opposite. A Man is the master of all powers without, and a Woman is the master of all powers within. Within and Without are equations that design reality. In Woman, we go Within through the Womb and find the Spirit World. In Man, we go Without through the Shaft and find the Physical World. What purpose does the Invisible have with the Physical? What purpose does Man have with Woman?

To create life. To create love. To create peace.

In 7 minutes the world ends. No one thinks about what they've done, we think about what we could've done. Ironically, the world changes forever every 7 minutes. The world does end in 7 minutes.
7 minutes from now you will still be thinking about this question.

"If I fell in a forest, and no one was around to care for me, would I make a sound?"

Jaisolovely

Jun 19, 2007
Beyond my own understanding
Always deep and stimulating, I appreciate your spirit and mind!
From this perspective, I can view relationships differently then I have before but I now perfer to be the person from the outside looking in and observing. I want to see if its real in real life.
And to answer that question, like I always do I will pick myself right back up. To make a sound would be a waste of breath.

Metaverse

Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
Jaisolovely, your answer is part of the most significant lessons for all Relation Ships in our generation. Another reason why so many of our Relationships are failing is because we are getting into Relationships to use the other person as a crutch. Instead of 2 able bodied beings, and 2 able minds- what we find often is one person doing more than the other. This leads to unbalance.

In your wisdom, you said if no one were around to help you, you would pick yourself up. Too often these days, we get into Relationships to hold the other person accountable for our personal afflictions, then we wonder why they leave.

Again this deals with knowing your Purpose, which means knowing the "job" you are there do to. Folks who manage to grow old together, do their equal share of work to insure the survival of their bond. We are not halves that complete one another. We are already complete, in all of us are the means to "pick ourselves up" we have generations of information stored in us to deal with the storms that show up in Life.

We are creation partners. We come together as one to share the journey.

OldSoul

Permanent Black Man
PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive
WOW

WOW=Words Of Wisdom!
OutStanDingly Brilliant, MetaSaience!
Much Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : he want cake then march after he take the starch out her panties this leads to a conversation that feeds a sexual relation boys have needs grab a word Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Summation of a Relation Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
M Africa : Africa in relation to the war in Iraq All Things Africa 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : ‘We’re in a Petri Dish’: How a Coronavirus Ravaged a Cruise Ship into Worldwide Pandemic Black Health and Wellness 2020
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : America's last slave ship could offer a case for reparations African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : She Survived a Slave Ship, the Civil War and the Depression. Her Name Was Redoshi African American History Culture 0
R Black Poetry : My type script is like a ship lifting hale through shifting gales now stiffen the sails and some the Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : look my ship is burdened lips are hurting just had to slap a cat cap off because he rap too soft mat Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
RAPTOR Black Sports : Buckeyes - Ducks: Whose taking the 2015 'Ship? Black Sports 13
RAPTOR Black People Politics : New Scandal Coming in America? Eric Holder Jumps Ship, Resigns as Attorney General Black People Politics 30
cherryblossom African American History Culture : BEFORE The Amistad: Slave Ship Mutiny, 1766 African American History Culture 8
J Audio Video Web Conferencing : The O'Jays - Ship Ahoy - 1973 (Slave song) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Black Money Business Jobs : African Jewelry Drop-ship Distributors? Black Money Business Jobs 0
cherryblossom African American History Culture : Clothilde: Last Slave Ship African American History Culture 8
R Black Poetry : Ship Filled with Scripts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : The Ojays Ship Ahoy Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : AIPAC Lobbyists/ Gaza ship attack, BP lobbyists / Gulf coas disaster; end lobbying! Black People Open Forum 5
river Black People : When This Big Old Ship Goes Down Black People Open Forum 13
M Black Poetry : INTERSEPTER OF RULE HER SHIP Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ankhur Black People Politics : Will Obama ship more young Black men and women to Afghanistan? Black People Politics 9
1poetsought Black Poetry : Slave Ship Suicide Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
C Black Entertainment : "A Ship full of slaves transported on the airwaves" ~ Joy Denalane (Born & Raised) Black Entertainment 0
Queenie African American History Culture : A Slave Ship Speaks African American History Culture 1
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : First Slave Ship Was Named Jesus! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 110
A Black Poetry : sinking ship Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : SHIP~O~HOY MATE! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Da poison ship Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
M Black Poetry : My script in quote is like a ship or boat it float while cats Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
baller Black Poetry : on a cruise ship... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
P Black Poetry : THE ~~POISON~~SHIP Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Poetry In Motion Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
TotalView Black Poetry : a note from my poetry to myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Mario William Vitale Latest Poetry Pieces Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Poets To Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Poetry : ESPN Publishes Poetry Tribute To Asatta Shakur Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
IFE Black Poetry : Barack Obama's poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
GoFish Support : poetry + Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : When Poetry? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Feast on grocery while writing a piece of poetry bitter pure Literature my mixed rhymes fix minds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
HODEE Black People : Prentice Powell *Poetry on THE SYSTEM - The Black Condition Black People Open Forum 1
n2deepthings Destee Network : RevolutionaryMind - Poetry, Books, and #Ferguson Films Destee Network : 0
Enki Black Poetry : DARK SIDE OF THE EARTH - ANTI-BULLYING SPOKEN WORD POETRY SHORT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Bishop Black Poetry : I Call Her Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Poet Lost Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Enki Spoken Word : Ruby Dee - A Poem ABout Tupac on Def Jam Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
candeesweet Black Poetry : Raindrops vs Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black People : TAALAM ACEY - Spoken Word Poetry Black People Open Forum 7
river Black People : Fifth Year at Visions with Voices spoken Word Poetry and Narrative Black People Open Forum 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Black Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
G Black Entertainment : Rakim - Def Poetry Black Entertainment 1