African American History Culture : RARE PHOTOS OF MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. AT HOME

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
mlk_at_home_10.jpg

Moment
In 1964, shortly after King was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, he invited photographer Flip Schulke to take pictures of himself and his family at home. Schulke, who first met King in 1958, formed a close bond with the civil rights leader, photographing him many times in the years that followed.

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
mlk_at_home_12.jpg

Tense Moment
In this photograph, Coretta is upset with her husband, who had been attacked the night before by a disturbed white racist but had not defended himself. Though the police urged King to press charges, he refused. "The system we live under creates people such as this youth," he said. "I'm not interested in pressing charges. I'm interested in changing the kind of system that produces such men."

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.