Black People : Random Acts of Racism

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
In recent years, living in a liberal country, it is safe to conclude that race relations have improved slowly, but surely. On the other hand Many Blacks and other minorities have testimony of a more sinister plot. I personally believe that as long as capitalism reigns supreme, of a surety, racism will be around for a while.

Question: What is the most overt racial incident you have experienced, as an individual, and how did you deal with it at that moment? :?:

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
spicybrown said:
In recent years, living in a liberal country, it is safe to conclude that race relations have improved slowly, but surely. On the other hand Many Blacks and other minorities have testimony of a more sinister plot. I personally believe that as long as capitalism reigns supreme, of a surety, racism will be around for a while.

Question: What is the most overt racial incident you have experienced, as an individual, and how did you deal with it at that moment? :?:
Racism and class exploitation go hand in hand within the american capitalist system. One can not eradicate racism without dismantling the capitalist system of exploitation.

That stated, the most overt racial incident I experienced was in 1988. A group of us from the National African Youth Student Alliance, in conjunction with the African Student union at UCLA sponsored a noon concert with the rap group Public Enemy prior to a program featuring the NOI leader Minister Louis Farrakhan.

In a noon rally in Meyerhoff Park, in which I was one of the main speakers, we were confronted by Irv Rubin and members of the Jewish Defense league and the Jewish Defense Organization. They rushed the crwod, attempting to turn out our rally and prevent us from speaking. University police were present and prohibited them from bum rushing the podium as I was speaking. In response I almost incited a riot by chanting "Death to Zionism, death to Apartheid". As a result of this incident a group of zionists tried to get me expelled from graduate school and have me banned from student media as I was on the editorial board of the black student newspaper (NOMMO) and a member of the ASUCLA Communications Board.

In the aftermath, there were a number of racist articles which were run in the Daily Bruin and a number of Black student leaders, including myself, were selectively targeted and fired from peer counseling and tutoring programs in the Academic Advancement Program.

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
I don't know about Zionism, but I can guess it's about power and world control. That is obvious in a park called "Meyerhoff". I believe I read about an incident similar to this a few months ago, where some Jews supposedly sent a virus into Farrakhans computer system involving some financial issue, correct me if I'm wrong. How interesting that you were at the forefront of that battle. I bet that was something you'll never forget.:weird:

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009

Hmmm.

Well, as for "random" acts of racism, I can't agree with that adjective.

Racists acts, whether overt or covert, are not by happenstance. They are premeditated and orchestrated to harm another physically, financially, socially, mentally/emotionally or socially.

In my adult life, the racists acts against me have been mostly covert.

As a child and teen, I did experience some overt racism.

When I got called the n-word, I would do my best to try to STOMP the perpetrator half to death!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Black People : random news discussion thread Black People Open Forum 28
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Random News.... Black People Open Forum 2324
freddie419 Black People : random thoughts, moods and expressions. Black People Open Forum 9
A Black People Politics : A random Cuacassian perspective Black People Politics 4
R Black Poetry : Random alarm led me to abandon my farm cows gone I've somehow known that this would happen my own c Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : It’s random clear as to why he abandons a career and departs Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Enki Black People : Random man pricked with syringe, told 'Welcome to the HIV club' Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Poetry : Wear a feeble bandanna in a legal manner never abandon Life even after random strife pissed sometime Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
I'm Becoming Me Black People : Random Thoughts--Part 1 Black People Open Forum 921
R Black Poetry : Got a load of strife in my mode of life which is random // Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Khasm13 destee.tv : Random Axe "Chewbacca" Music Video feat. Roc Marciano Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
legit-writer Black People : Random and Hypothetical Black People Open Forum 19
S Black Poetry : Random Thoughts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
N Black Poetry : Random Poems Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : TheBlackList] RANDOM THOUGHTS ON AFRICAN-AMERICAN Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : RANDOM THOUGHTS ON AFRICAN-AMERICAN Chief Elder Osiris 0
G Black People : RANDOM THOUGHTS ON AFRICAN-AMERICAN - My Comments Black People Open Forum 2
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Sum Mo Random Pics of Me and Extra's Black Picture Image Gallery 2
P Black Poetry : 'Random' Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
M Black Poetry : Random Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Omowale Jabali Black Poetry : Random Thoughts of Romantic Warrior Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Flo's Random Pics Black Picture Image Gallery 3
I Black Poetry : Random Floetry... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : Random mental thoughts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
K Black Poetry : Random Thoughts On The Last Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
T Black Poetry : Random Thoughts (part 2) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
S Black Poetry : random Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
N Black Poetry : Maniac musings (random thoughts thrown into poetic form) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
T Black Poetry : random thought Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
H Black Poetry : Random Thoughts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
S Black Poetry : random thoughts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
DymePlaya2g Black Poetry : Random thought... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : ADENOVIRUS ACTS LIKE FLU AND CAN KILL Black Health and Wellness 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Who coined the phrase Catholic not from Acts 11:26 AACOOLDRE 1
Destee Black People Politics : Campuses Confront Hostile Acts Against Minorities After Donald Trump’s Election Black People Politics 9
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Acts 13 is a parody of Paul's castration from a Greek play? AACOOLDRE 0
Ankhur Black People : Collective Tolerance/ Execusions, Police acts of Murder and Genocide Black People Open Forum 1
Bluewater Black Events : Baltimore, MD: KRS-One to Audition Acts in Baltimore Black Events 0
river Black Relationships : When a Woman Acts Ugly Black Relationships 10
A Quiet Poetry Lounge : Vanishing Acts… Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
C Black People : Racism And Unjust Prejudice A World Pandemic Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : THE ECONOMIC COST OF RACISM Black Money Business Jobs 0
C Black People : Unjust Ptejudice, Racism, Black Nationalism, Pan Afrikanism!!! Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black People : 400 Years of Institutional Racism Black People Open Forum 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : 'You get fed up': Man facing death row for Fresno shooting spree says racism drove him to murder Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Expert: America's 'legacy of racism' led to a broken drug treatment system Black Health and Wellness 0
frankster Science and Technology : African Skin resist Coronavirus ...or a novel form of Racism/misinformation campaign Science and Technology 2
KRAZYK Black People Politics : Why are we still fighting the same fight of racism Black People Politics 22
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Authors : How to Be an Antiracist, Author Ibram X. Kendi on What We Get Wrong About Racism Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Atlanta's confederate monuments: how do ‘context markers’ help explain racism? African American History Culture 0