Chemist

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
James Ingram, the Ohio-born R&B singer whose soulful baritone voice dominated the charts throughout the 1980s and early 1990s, has died at the age of 66. TMZ reports that Ingram had been suffering from brain cancer.
Over the course of his career, Ingram achieved eight Top 40 hits, two of which — his 1982 duet with Patti Austin, “Baby, Come to Me”, and 1990’s “I Don’t Have the Heart” — went No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Many of his biggest hits were collaborations, including “Somewhere Out There” from the classic animated film An American Tail, which he recorded with Linda Ronstadt, and “Yah Mo B There” featuring Michael McDonald.

The latter track won him a Grammy for Best R&B Vocal Performance, as did his 1982 song “One Hundred Ways” from Quincy Jones’ album The Dude. Ingram’s appearance on The Dude earned him three nominations in total, including Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for “Just Once” and Best New Artist. His partnership with Jones provided especially fruitful over the years; together they wrote Michael Jackson’s Grammy-nominated hit “P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)”, as well as the 1991 Grammy-nominated track “The Secret Garden”, performed by Al B. Sure, El DeBarge, and Barry White.

Ingram also co-wrote “The Day I Fall in Love”, a duet with Dolly Parton from the film Beethoven’s 2nd, and Patty Smyth’s “Look What Love Has Done” from the movie Junior, earning him back-to-back Oscar and Golden Globe nominations for Best Original Song in 1994 and 1995. Ingram’s other soundtrack contributions include “Where Did My Heart Go?” from City Slickers, “One More Time” from Sarafina!, and “Our Time Has Come” from the animated Cats Don’t Dance.
Debbie Allen, Ingram’s friend and longtime creative partner, confirmed news of his passing. “He will always be cherished, loved and remembered for his genius, his love of family and his humanity. I am blessed to have been so close. We will forever speak his name,” Allen said in a statement posted to Twitter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Angie Stone-My People Feat. james Ingram Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : James Ingram - Mercy - Music Video Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
T Black Entertainment : James Ingram Black Entertainment 8
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : 35 Poignant James Baldwin Quotes That Are Especially Timely Today African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Was James Brown killed? Prosecutor may open new investigation into singer's 2006 death Black Entertainment 2
MS234 Black Entertainment : 007 will be a black woman in new James Bond movie: report Black Entertainment 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : LeBron James Is Done With Trump: 'I Would Never Sit Across From Him' Black Sports 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Civil rights legend James Meredith says he's on a mission from God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Waffle House Customer, James Shaw Jr., Hailed A Hero After Wrestling Rifle Away From Shooter Black People Doing Positive Things 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : LeBron James and Kevin Durant unite against Donald Trump in new video Black Entertainment 1
OldSoul Black People : There was a time - James Brown Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Scottie Pippen wavers on Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James debate after Barack Obama chimes in Black Sports 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : LeBron James to donate $2.5 million to National Museum of African American History Black People Doing Positive Things 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : the Letter of James vs the Letters of Paul AACOOLDRE 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : lebron-james-to-open-public-school Black People Doing Positive Things 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : DID ST.PAUL GO ON A FAMINE RELIEF MISSION?: Did James, Jude & Revelations really know what happened? AACOOLDRE 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People : james-browns-funky-drummer-clyde-stubblefield-dies-at-73 Black People Open Forum 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Jude follows James in attacking St. Paul AACOOLDRE 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto-James Brown Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Liberty Black Positive People : LeBron James Donates $2.5 Million to Smithsonian’s African-American History Museum Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : eric-holder-condemns-james-comey Black People Politics 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Letter of James, Jude, 2 Peter & Rev 6 attacks paul AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Letter Jude attacks Paul like St. James letter AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : George G.M. James was Right he saw the problem in 1954 p.154-155 AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : King James Version, Shakespeare and Psalm 46 AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : ST James use of Psalm 32 to attack Paul AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : ST James Signature attack on St Paul AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Was St James influenced by Plato's Phaedrus?? AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : St. James, the dead sea scrolls & Paul puppet of Rome AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : FBI Chief James Comey Stirs Tensions, Becomes Political Problem for WH Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Judge Joe Brown tells How James Earl Ray wasn't the real Killer of Martin Luther King OldSoul 2
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : James Brown - I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothin' (Open Up The Door, I'll Get It Myself) Black Entertainment 10
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Prof James Smalls The Rebuilding Of The African Spirituality Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : James Brown - There Must Be A Reason Black Entertainment 0
TruthHitman Black Hebrew Israelites : The 100% Proof that King James According to the British Secret Service WAS BLACK Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
RAPTOR Black People : Straight Talk:A One-on-One w/ Professor James Smalls & Irritated Genie Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : james Jam Joint...... Black Entertainment 618
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Elmore James - Look On Yonder Wall Black Entertainment 3
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Global Post, the employer of freelancer James Foley, fails to pass smell test Black People Politics 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Rick Braun, Larry Carlton, Kenny Garrett, Boney James, Kirk Whalum - ALWAYS THERE (Live) Black Entertainment 6
RAPTOR Black Ancestors : James Brown: The Hardest Working A-hole in Show Business Honoring Black Ancestors 1
RAPTOR Black People : Prof. James Smalls: Black Economics & understanding What Is Black Culture Black People Open Forum 0
Writspirit Black People : James Brown Mgr., Charles Bobbit Talks about Brown & his life Black People Open Forum 0
KPITRL Black Entertainment : Actor James Garner Dies at 86/Coincidence? Black Entertainment 29
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : James decides to go back to the Cavaliers Black Sports 41
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Rick James - Super Freak (12" Mix) Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : The Temptations Feat. Rick James - Standing On The Top 12 - Inch Black Entertainment 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : James Brown: Talking Loud/Saying Nothing Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
jamesfrmphilly Audio Video Web Conferencing : rick james - loosey Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Alkebu-Lan: Land of the Blacks (Live at the East), James Mtume's Umoja Ensemble Audio Video Web Conferencing 0