R.I.P. Gordon Parks

I-khan

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 27, 2005
Filmmaker Gordon Parks Dies at 93

By POLLY ANDERSON, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

NEW YORK

Gordon Parks, who captured the struggles and triumphs of black America as a photographer for Life magazine and then became Hollywood's first major black director with "The Learning Tree" and the hit "Shaft," died Tuesday, a family member said. He was 93.

Parks, who also wrote fiction and was an accomplished composer, died in New York, his nephew, Charles Parks, said in a telephone interview from Lawrence, Kan.

"Nothing came easy," Parks wrote in his autobiography. "I was just born with a need to explore every tool shop of my mind, and with long searching and hard work. I became devoted to my restlessness."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060308...n_mo/obit_parks

Tantrum

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 26, 2005
Windy City
Occupation
Pos Technical Support
Peace My Brother for real
All the greats from every era every industry
Are slowly passing away-Much Love
Brother Parks

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
I-khan said:
Filmmaker Gordon Parks Dies at 93

By POLLY ANDERSON, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

NEW YORK

Gordon Parks, who captured the struggles and triumphs of black America as a photographer for Life magazine and then became Hollywood's first major black director with "The Learning Tree" and the hit "Shaft," died Tuesday, a family member said. He was 93.

Parks, who also wrote fiction and was an accomplished composer, died in New York, his nephew, Charles Parks, said in a telephone interview from Lawrence, Kan.

"Nothing came easy," Parks wrote in his autobiography. "I was just born with a need to explore every tool shop of my mind, and with long searching and hard work. I became devoted to my restlessness."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060308...n_mo/obit_parks

Thanks brother I-Khan, this was one helluva man, who lived one helluva life! Awesome is too weak a word to describe him... He was a totally liberated man, who lived his life his way... If I could only say as much about myself...
Rest in Peace, Mr. Gordon Parks...

Peace!
Isaiah

I-khan

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 27, 2005
Isaiah said:
Thanks brother I-Khan, this was one helluva man, who lived one helluva life! Awesome is too weak a word to describe him... He was a totally liberated man, who lived his life his way... If I could only say as much about myself...
Rest in Peace, Mr. Gordon Parks...

Peace!
Isaiah
I have been looking into buying some of his books,and I already saw SHAFT.This man was a great example on how to express oneself on many levels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fine1952 African American History Culture : The Late Gordon Parks... African American History Culture 2
cherryblossom African American History Culture : Gordon Parks Museum Exhibit African American History Culture 5
Liberty Law Forum : Bobbi Kristina Brown's boyfriend Nick Gordon is ordered to pay $36million in damages for the wrongfu Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Dexter Gordon; Tanya Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Dexter Gordon, Tanya Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Writspirit Black People Politics : Psychic Gordon Michael-Scallion Predicts the Next President Black People Politics 0
Destee Ethel Mae Gordon Honoring Black Ancestors 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Attorneys discuss civil rights fight, from Rosa Parks to Trayvon Martin African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Rosa Parks statue to be unveiled Sunday in downtown Montgomery African American History Culture 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Children : Rosa Parks Barbie doll reflects popular misunderstanding of civil rights struggle Black Children 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Robomart/Robocop is the latest startup to try and unseat the local convenience store and parks Science and Technology 1
IFE African American History Culture : Rosa Parks: The Anti-Rape Activist African American History Culture 1
chuck Black Women : Let's Do Give Props To Rosa Parks Today! Black Women 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Rev. Jackson: Phil Robertson 'More Offensive' Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver Black People Doing Positive Things 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : GOP Claims Racism Is Over In Misguided Rosa Parks Tribute (UPDATED) Black People Politics 16
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Bravo Green-Lights 17 New Series, Renews 18 Shows and Announces Spin-Off Project for Phaedra Parks Black Entertainment 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Unveiling of the Rosa Parks Statue... February 27, 2013 Black People Doing Positive Things 9
SeekingMaat African American History Culture : Remembering Rosa Parks: For Her, Our People and Our Struggle African American History Culture 5
ckoolbreez Black People Politics : PHOTO: President Obama Sits In Rosa Parks Bus Black People Politics 0
P Black People : What must we do to honor Rosa Parks, Malcolm X and Dr. King daily? Black People Open Forum 16
Kemetstry Black People : Do We Really Honor X, King, Parks Today?? Black People Open Forum 118
anAfrican Honoring Ancestress Rosa Parks Honoring Black Ancestors 1
Kemetstry Black People : Bishop Jakes slammed by Farrakhan and Sharpton at Parks Funeral Black People Open Forum 67
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Words on Rosa Parks AACOOLDRE 0
Monetary Black People : To View Rosa Parks Funeral ONLINE Black People Open Forum 5
P Black People : Is the Bush Administration using the passing of Rosa Parks as a policial opportunity? Black People Open Forum 9
Kemetstry Black People : SIGN ROSA PARKS TRIBUTE GUEST BOOK! Black People Open Forum 5
nevar Black People : Do we really appreciate Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King? Black People Open Forum 30
Akilah Black People : Civil rights icon Rosa Parks dies at 92 Black People Open Forum 15