Black Ancestors : R.I.P. ARETHA FRANKLIN

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

Aretha Franklin's star-studded funeral: Jennifer Hudson's 'Amazing Grace,' Fantasia's shoeless performance, Chaka Khan's fan, and more

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...al-service-live-detroit-friday-225341510.html
...A gold-plated casket carrying the legendary singer arrived at the church around 7:45 a.m., with Franklin dressed in a sparkling gold gown and sequined heels for her final outfit. Hundreds of mourners gathered to get one last glimpse of the Grammy winner.

Yahoo Music Staff
Yahoo Music

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
All I can do is :facepalm:

Louis Farrakhan Presence At Aretha Franklin Funeral Draws Strong Online Reactions

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/louis-farrakhan-presence-aretha-franklin-025323540.html
...‘In 1972, when I was minister in New York City, Temple No 7, the police attacked our mosque, within a few hours, Aretha Franklin came to the mosque, to my office, and said that she saw the news and came as quickly as she could to stand with us and offer us her support,’ Farrakhan wrote.
‘She asked me if Rev Jesse Jackson had been there to show support, I said, not yet, she said, he’ll be here within 48 hours, Rev Jackson came and stood with the Muslims.

Bruce Haring
Deadline

Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan, left.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Bishop Ellis' Official Statement - Ms. Aretha Franklin
Bishop Charles H. Ellis III Speaks on the earthly transition of Ms. Aretha Franklin

Today the world mourns one of the most prolific and iconic voices ever to grace the entertainment stage, Ms. Aretha Franklin is a musical genius who extended her gifts beyond the music industry, Her spiritual conviction caused her to give God glory for her many gifts and talents, Her religious roots were deep enough for her to be most generous to many churches and Pastors, Her influence was broad enough to open doors of opportunity to hundreds of musical artists, Her love was sincere enough to look beyond our faults. While she was received by the entire world, we as Detroiters still call her our own.

Charles H. Ellis III, Pastor

http://09b38bf3ace3610181f0-4ddbf38...264-720/g/0e6939923_1516905803_ggtwebsite.mp4

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Destee Black Entertainment : ARETHA FRANKLIN LEGACY LIVES Black Entertainment 1
OldSoul Black People : Rev. Al Sharpton full eulogy at Aretha Franklin funeral Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Michael Eric Dyson speaks at Aretha Franklin funeral service Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Romance is phat to glance at a chance for hats to come off in respect of ARETHA FRANKLIN, my pie sho Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Liberty Food Discussion : Aretha Franklin launching food line: ‘Ms. Patti gonna have to move that pie to the side’ Food Discussion and Recipes 1
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - The Day Is Past And Gone Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin Old Landmark Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Alarm Clock Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - Happy Birthday - Respect Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Alarm Clock Black Entertainment : Happy Birthday ; Aretha Franklin!!!!!!!!! Black Entertainment 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way That I Love You (Full Album) Audio Video Web Conferencing 4
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - The Legendary Concert Amsterdam, 1968. Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - Sparkle (Full Album) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black Entertainment : ARETHA FRANKLIN - I NEVER LOVED A MAN - 1968 Black Entertainment 1
S Black Entertainment : Aretha Franklin Don't Play That Song For Me Black Entertainment 0
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : Aretha Franklin Reuniting With Clive Davis For New Album Black Entertainment 2
candeesweet Audio Video Web Conferencing : Day Dreaming - Aretha Franklin (1972) Audio Video Web Conferencing 4
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - Young Gifted and Black Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - Someday We Will All Be Free Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools (Lyrics) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You (1967) Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
D Black Entertainment : jennifer hudson to play aretha franklin Black Entertainment 1
OldSoul Black People : A smile for Aretha Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul Black People : Aretha Music Appreciation Black People Open Forum 3
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aretha Frnklin - Muddy Water Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
O Black People : ARETHA'S HAT TO THE SMITHSONIAN-YES-NO Black People Open Forum 5
H Black Poetry : Aretha Said it Best Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
OldSoul Black People : Before Johnnie Cochran There Was Buck Colbert Franklin Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Nia Imani Franklin, the 23-year-old Miss New York, won the title of Miss America 2019 Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Know What Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln and Berry Said: Decrease Your Lack Of Knowledge Black People Politics 1
cherryblossom John Hope Franklin (1915–March 25, 2009) Honoring Black Ancestors 2
D Black Spirituality Religion : KIRK FRANKLIN’S LIFE STORY WILL HEAD TO THE BIG SCREEN Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0