Black People : Question to everyone concerning racism...

Pharaoh Jahil

Aug 2, 2003
Mother Earth
Occupation
College Student
How often do any of you experience it? and it doesn't necessary have to be "in your face" racism but it could be just an attitude or a certain vibe one gets from someone of another race or ethnic group..

Example... I was walking down the street, coming home from work today and there were like this group of Asian women talking. Now as I'm walk pass them, this one woman gives me a certain look (and I'm sure we all know that look), now as I'm walking, I notice that her facial expression was straight but the way she was looking at me, yall just don't know.. I wanted to ask her "is there a problem"? but I'm a grown man, I don't have time for such ignorance.

But back to my first question, How often do any of you experience racism of any kind, form or expression? I notice that I get this same "look" from white and latinos from time to time. They don't have to say or do anything. The "eyes" does it all.

Ralfa'il

Mar 25, 2005
PJ

Salaam

I experience racism almost on a daily basis so often that I no longer conciously acknowledge it.

Seeing a billboard with a picture of an orangutang on it saying "African wild life" is a form of racism.

Going to the store and seeing a box of pink talcum powder being labled "flesh colored" is a form or racism.

Walking pass cars on the street and hearing doors click, or white people telling me to smile more are forms of racism.

Going to the book store and seeing Jesus, Moses, and all the ancient Hebrew figures being portrayed as white is a form of racism.

When I meet foreign Muslims on the street and after I greet them (although we're dressed the same way) they look me up and down and then ask me if I'm really a Muslim, is a form of racism.

And I won't even get into what I witness coming from the televison and radio.

I run into racism so much in America unfortunately it almost doesn't bother me anymore.

I think most of us have gotten used to it.

It's not until I go to a place like Canada where it's not as obvious that the lack of overt and subtle forms of racism actuallyy alerts me.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
Racism is a daily vent i deal with and i meet head on
i don't think there are many who don't have a run in with it some point of a day
it's so wide open now and comes from all corners no matter where you turn it's
there .

Froggy1

Mar 22, 2005
in L.A its a bit different its racism from your own and from others. Being in high school you gotta brace yourself for a lot of racism. Some times its just flat out stupid like one time I told someone I knew how to play guitar and they were like thats not a black person instrument and the dude was black. I was just confused foraminute

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
you know froggy1 we are at points our own nightmare but the reality of
RACISM is every where waiting for you trust me it's crawling in L.A
the older you get the more it will hit you because the american society
deem to push this up our backz .

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We want to make this website the last destination for people who wish to the right product for their needs. Regardless of whether it be a new gaming keyboard, baby product, trendy fashion, monitors and or workstation gadgets, you will consider our unbiased reviews on only beasts.com the essential guide to understanding your choices.
https://only-beasts.com
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.