PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive
Queens Of Africa Doll Line Is Outselling Barbie In Nigeria
Queens-Of-Africa.jpg

When a Nigerian man named Taofick Okoya could not find a black doll as a gift for his niece during a shopping trip, he decided to take matters into his own hands.
So in 2007, Okoya, 43, created his own Nigerian doll. He made the doll in an array of African skin tones with African fashions and accessories so the girls could identify with the dolls. His toy creation is part of a line called "Queens of Africa," and now it's selling more than Mattel's Barbie in Nigeria. It's making Okoya feel as good as gold. This is a huge statement of the current sign of the times, and it's a sure bet many other toymakers will attempt to piggyback on the doll maker's genius idea. Okoya aims to promote peace, endurance and strong feminine ideals with the Queens of Africa dolls, and it seems to definitely be working. The popularity of the dolls are evident and are selling up to 9,000 per month!
But the best news is the dolls are not only selling in their native country, but they're also selling in Brazil, Europe and America.
http://www.ericacampbellblog.com/nigerian-man-outselling-barbie

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Good drop, here's additional information:

In Nigeria, Queens of Africa steal a march on Barbie
Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jan 15, 2014

https://destee.com/threads/in-nigeria-queens-of-africa-steal-a-march-on-barbie.79267/

Queens Of Africa Doll Line Is Outselling Barbie In Nigeria
Queens-Of-Africa.jpg

When a Nigerian man named Taofick Okoya could not find a black doll as a gift for his niece during a shopping trip, he decided to take matters into his own hands.
So in 2007, Okoya, 43, created his own Nigerian doll. He made the doll in an array of African skin tones with African fashions and accessories so the girls could identify with the dolls. His toy creation is part of a line called "Queens of Africa," and now it's selling more than Mattel's Barbie in Nigeria. It's making Okoya feel as good as gold. This is a huge statement of the current sign of the times, and it's a sure bet many other toymakers will attempt to piggyback on the doll maker's genius idea. Okoya aims to promote peace, endurance and strong feminine ideals with the Queens of Africa dolls, and it seems to definitely be working. The popularity of the dolls are evident and are selling up to 9,000 per month!
But the best news is the dolls are not only selling in their native country, but they're also selling in Brazil, Europe and America.
http://www.ericacampbellblog.com/nigerian-man-outselling-barbie

Therious

Banned
Feb 22, 2004
Awesome, now if we could just get some black dolls with black hair,we'll really on to something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Nigeria : In Nigeria, Queens of Africa steal a march on Barbie Nigeria 3
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : 5 Amazon Queens Who Rocked The Ancient World Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Queens of Infamy: Njinga African American History Culture 4
Perfection Black People Politics : ╞乃lacҚ Amazonian Queens 尺esearch╡On the Origins of the Amazons of Dahomey Black People Politics 1
IFE African American History Culture : Little Black Queens African American History Culture 0
dawniejones01 The Front Porch : Hello Kings and Queens The Front Porch 9
1poetsought Black Poetry : Kings and Queens Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MelaninQueen Black People : This is for all of us beautiful black queens.. Black People Open Forum 1
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤ to those Queens who love pets Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : The Honorable Queens Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza & Opal Tometi Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : the Queens of Amarillo Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : The Honorable Queens Brittany Ferrell and Alexis Templeton Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Liberty Spoken Word : Queens Be Like (Women Appreciation Spoken Word Poem) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
chuck Black People : How We Can Truly Honor African Kings And Queens! Black People Open Forum 1
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black Spirituality Religion : Kings and Queens just for you Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
shaka64 Black Entertainment : 10 African Kings and Queens Whose Stories Must be Told on Film Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Black People : I LOVE Blackwomen! They Should Be Treated Like Queens! Black People Open Forum 21
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Tribal Queens Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Original Names of The Kemetic ( Nisutiu-bity/ Kings) and Queens in Ancient Kemet Black People Open Forum 14
Feather Quiet Poetry Lounge : Queens Rise Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black Spirituality Religion : YAH'S Queens Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
MsInterpret Black People : Queens Man Shoots Wife,Kids & Himself Black People Open Forum 7
Onyemobi Egypt : Important Biblical Characters based off Egyptian Kings and Queens Egypt 15
N Black People : An Invitation To The Queens Black People Open Forum 6
A Black Relationships : An Abundance Of Queens Black Relationships 23
I Black Relationships : An Open Letter to African Queens Black Relationships 5
G Black People : gods, goddess, Kings, Queens...and the likes of Black People Open Forum 2
King Tubbs Africa : Great African Kings and Queens All Things Africa 21
D Black Poetry : They Once Where Queens (A tribute to women) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
T Black People : Black Incomes Surpass Whites in Queens Black People Open Forum 4
info-moetry Black Women : Afrikan Queens Black Women 5
S Beautiful Illustrations Of African Kings and Queens Honoring Black Ancestors 8
queentswana Black People : We're Sisters/Queens ...let's unite Black People Open Forum 0
queentswana Black People : KINGS & QUEENS ... Black People Open Forum 0
queentswana Black Poetry : Kings & Queens ... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Akilah GREAT AFRICAN QUEENS Honoring Black Ancestors 16
queentswana Quiet Poetry Lounge : Queen of all Queens... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
P Black Poetry : Quick Something 2 My Queens Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
P Black Poetry : My Queens Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Nahshon Black Poetry : The Queens' River Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
C Black Poetry : queens Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Aaliyahmonet Black Poetry : What Nig*** and Queens Want Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Bishop Black Poetry : A Rose for The Queens of Destee - Part 1 (Happy Valentine's Day) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
P Black Poetry : 4 My Queens Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
V Black Poetry : for JMJ - the Hollis, Queens version Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
A Black Poetry : Beautiful Black Queens (repost) to let the queens i thought of them too Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
M Black Poetry : Of Queens and KINGS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
A Black Poetry : Beautiful Black Queens Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
blakverb Black Poetry : Queens of Destee series "UbZorbShun" Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
blakverb Black Poetry : HEY!!!Queens of Destee, If I missed you let me know Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3