Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : PSYCHARA DREADLOOK

Liberty

Banned
Your missing a lot. And you should since you aren't a woman. Many woman like long hair. And yes they want to be natural, but they also want to (a) instantly have long said hair and (b) miss that ugly stage locs go through. Had I known about loc extensions when I started locing 10 years ago, I probably would have gone that route too
i respect every woman's choice. 23 years ago, the atmosphere, and the options, for getting locks was quite different than it is today. As a matter of fact, before i transitioned I wore corn rows, sometimes with extensions ALL the time. So, I can't really say that I wouldn't have gone that route with all certainty. But, one of the most inspirational people I met just before I got my dreads was Alice Walker (at a book signing) and we chatted shortly about dreads.

But, I am SO glad i took what I call "The Spiritual Journey" at that time. Not just bad hair days, but weeks! Cuz they didn't have half the stuff they have now. Just plain ole palm rolling, is all I had. But, I think the journey can be character building for some women.

I think if I COULD do anything different, to speed up the process, I could've done Sisterlocks, if they had them, but, they didn't

http://www.sisterlocks.com/

After having palm-rolled locks for 13 years, we moved back to Cali for 2 years, where my Aunt is a Registered Sisterlock Consultant, so she did my hair for free for 2 years. After we moved back here, there were/are no Registered Consultants in this area. So, back to palm-rolled.

IFE

That is why i say there are many different reasons for getting dreads... many, many. I might be able to come up with about 100 if i were pressed.

I try really hard not to be judgemental, I really do. But, buying "dreads" from Koreans? Ain't that a trip?
I don't know if the Korean bss carry natural kinky hair. I've never bought natural hair from an Asian bss.
But, with all the money spent on long flowing hair, why shouldn't some of that money be spent for natural kinky hair.
I'm not the one to speculate on why another woman wears her hair a certain way. I don't think the Korean stores sell kinky natural hair.

IFE

Unless what? Women are not a mystery to me! Least of all Europeanized black women. What's there to know? That a lot of them are vain, shallow, and insecure like white women? That they spend way to much time working on the exterior, like their hair, and not enough time working on the interior, like their brain? That's obvious to one with good powers of observation and perception.
:offtopic1:

IFE

So where are folks buying this hair you mentioned? FYI I am very familiar with the assaults on black women by Asian shop owners. I see them on youtube all the time. I am still trying to figure out why black women continue to do business with them? Maybe you can explain it since you are so in tune to this particular issue. Lol BTW Koreans are Asians! Smile
Don't try to figure out why woman wear weave, and that includes Black women. We do what we do because we are females and we want to.
You'll wreck your brain trying to figure us out. :thinking::insane:

IFE

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
Don't try to figure out why woman wear weave, and that includes Black women. We do what we do because we are females and we want to.
You'll wreck your brain trying to figure us out. :thinking::insane:
When I.need your advice I will ask for it! Afrikan girls need positive role models of Afrikan womahood!!!

IFE

i think it would be great for you to get in the "Black Hair Product Business" for SOOOOOO many reasons. I hope you do so!

Luck!
I have been doing my research.

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
Now that you've figured that out. Do you remember your statement about not trying to figure out why women wear weave?