Black Spirituality Religion : PROF. JAMES SMALLS VODUN AND HAITI

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009

"Gener-al"? [a.k.a. SlickBeast]
C'mon mane!

I respect your skills as a military strategist and all but:

How, after being victorious in that "first phase" of the haitian revolution (middle clip - 4:04) , you agree that
the former slaves, your troops, go back to the plantation to be exploited by whites all over again?
Did such a notion have to do with your upbringing in an "urban setting" as a "house negro" (middle clip - 4:41)?

-RAPTOR a.k.a. "Kunta" a.k.a. "Toby":D

bingiedred

Jun 5, 2007
Wow, Prof. Smalls just summed up why I don't post that much on Destee. There will be no progress for black people unless we are under the same spiritual umbrella of African spirituality. All of our efforts will be in vain as long as we make attempts of liberation as a divided people. This is the root of our problems in the world today; our spiritual division. Those that would oppress us know that the way to bring us down is to eradicate what holds us together and therefore the war against people of color became a spiritual war. Instead of beating us over the head with a physical weapons it is now done with pseudo spiritual philosophies. I know this topic has been harped on to death but I'm not sorry to say that this is the only answer for us as a people. Its a shame that this thread only got 58 views at the time of this writing. Thanks Raptor.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Wow, Prof. Smalls just summed up why I don't post that much on Destee. There will be no progress for black people unless we are under the same spiritual umbrella of African spirituality. All of our efforts will be in vain as long as we make attempts of liberation as a divided people. This is the root of our problems in the world today; our spiritual division. Those that would oppress us know that the way to bring us down is to eradicate what holds us together and therefore the war against people of color became a spiritual war. Instead of beating us over the head with a physical weapons it is now done with pseudo spiritual philosophies. I know this topic has been harped on to death but I'm not sorry to say that this is the only answer for us as a people. Its a shame that this thread only got 58 views at the time of this writing. Thanks Raptor.

Brother, most likely the lack of views has to do with one word in the title and we know what that is. I agree with you and whenever I speak in regards to this spiritual divide either a specific faith based group detracts or folks just not interested because discussion alone challenges the religious box they are in.

The failure of our community stems from leadership which utilizes politics to answer, not solve, sacred/spiritual matters, therefore, no progress, because we have confused our ancient secular systems with the religious, thus lacking true knowledge of our ancient sacred structures and institutions. They are not even a mystery to us because they have become lost and forgotten.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Prof James Smalls The Rebuilding Of The African Spirituality Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
RAPTOR Black People : Prof. James Smalls: Black Economics & understanding What Is Black Culture Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Prof. James smalls vodun and haiti Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Mister Aten Black Parenting : Prof. Griff- Why Denzell Washington said "Prison System Not to Blame for Crime in Black Communities" Black Parenting 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: these rhymes lift and move minds like barbells and my car tells story, wheels are dubs prof Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
RAPTOR African American History Culture : Jean-Jacques Dessalines by Prof. Bayyinah Bello African American History Culture 0
S Black People : BLACK ATHENA: Dr. Clarke & Prof. Martin Bernal debate prof. Mary Leftkowitz and Prof. Guy Rogers. Black People Open Forum 4
Kemetstry Black People : Geo. Prof Tells White Folx: "Get Over It!!!" Black People Open Forum 12
S Black People : NEWS: Indian prof, 2 others, killed by colleague on US campus Black People Open Forum 13
S Black People : Arguing with fools.. Prof. Jason Johnson vs. Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson Black People Open Forum 5
RAPTOR Black Ancestors : Prof. William Mackey Jr. Honoring Black Ancestors 6
Keita Kenyatta Black People : PROF. WALTER WILLIAMS - TONIGHT Black People Open Forum 24
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Prof. Walter williams Black People Open Forum 0
R Black People : Intro to Gagut; Prof. Gabriel Oyibo Black People Open Forum 0
D Black Men : Prof George Magoha: Doctor for real men Black Men 2
Chief Elder Osiris Black People : Historic Moment w/Prof Oyibo and Chief Osiris-brother Junious Stanton Show Black People Open Forum 3
G Black People : GAGUT-Prof Gabriel Oyibo Black People Open Forum 1
G Black People : ATTN DESTEE: Junious Ricardo Stanton and Prof Oyibo permission to post their missive Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Audio Video Web Conferencing : PROF. LEONARD JEFFRIES SPEECH AT 2 P.M. SATURDAY (TODAY) Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
blakverb Black Poetry : Prof. T.ruth (Pt 1) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : 35 Poignant James Baldwin Quotes That Are Especially Timely Today African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Was James Brown killed? Prosecutor may open new investigation into singer's 2006 death Black Entertainment 2
MS234 Black Entertainment : 007 will be a black woman in new James Bond movie: report Black Entertainment 3
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : R.I.P. JAMES INGRAM Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : LeBron James Is Done With Trump: 'I Would Never Sit Across From Him' Black Sports 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Civil rights legend James Meredith says he's on a mission from God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Waffle House Customer, James Shaw Jr., Hailed A Hero After Wrestling Rifle Away From Shooter Black People Doing Positive Things 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : LeBron James and Kevin Durant unite against Donald Trump in new video Black Entertainment 1
OldSoul Black People : There was a time - James Brown Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Scottie Pippen wavers on Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James debate after Barack Obama chimes in Black Sports 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : LeBron James to donate $2.5 million to National Museum of African American History Black People Doing Positive Things 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : the Letter of James vs the Letters of Paul AACOOLDRE 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : lebron-james-to-open-public-school Black People Doing Positive Things 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : DID ST.PAUL GO ON A FAMINE RELIEF MISSION?: Did James, Jude & Revelations really know what happened? AACOOLDRE 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People : james-browns-funky-drummer-clyde-stubblefield-dies-at-73 Black People Open Forum 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Jude follows James in attacking St. Paul AACOOLDRE 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto-James Brown Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Liberty Black Positive People : LeBron James Donates $2.5 Million to Smithsonian’s African-American History Museum Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : eric-holder-condemns-james-comey Black People Politics 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Letter of James, Jude, 2 Peter & Rev 6 attacks paul AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Letter Jude attacks Paul like St. James letter AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : George G.M. James was Right he saw the problem in 1954 p.154-155 AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : King James Version, Shakespeare and Psalm 46 AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : ST James use of Psalm 32 to attack Paul AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : ST James Signature attack on St Paul AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Was St James influenced by Plato's Phaedrus?? AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : St. James, the dead sea scrolls & Paul puppet of Rome AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : FBI Chief James Comey Stirs Tensions, Becomes Political Problem for WH Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Judge Joe Brown tells How James Earl Ray wasn't the real Killer of Martin Luther King OldSoul 2
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : James Brown - I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothin' (Open Up The Door, I'll Get It Myself) Black Entertainment 10