Black Relationships : Pre-Relationship Expectations of Black Women

NyneElementz

Apr 6, 2006
Myrtle Beach, SC
Ladies, I would like to ask you a few questions that may be a bit personal. This thread is meant to offer the ladies a chance to express their core beliefs regarding men and to ofer the men a chance to inquire about those beliefs to be enlightened and a bit more empowered to be better partners in black relationships.

All I ask is that the dialogue is honest, respectful, and as loving as possible. I think we can all agree that we all want black love to be better and held in higher regard. Here we go.

1 - Name three qualities that a man must possess if he is interested in dating youand why those qualities are important to you.

2 - What three wualities in a man would cause you to reject the idea of dating him?

3 - Name three important things you expect to happen in a relationship (marital hopes not included) and why they are important.

4 - Name two ways you can tell a man is a real man and how those two things tie into your belief of what a real man is.

5 - What is your belief about relationships and money? Where did you learn that belief?

6 - What is your belief about sex in relationships? Where did you learn that belief?

7 - What is your idea of a good relationship? Where did you learn that idea?

8 - What is your idea of a good marriage? Where did you learn that idea?

9 - Under what conditions in a relationship would you expect marriage to become an upcoming reality?

10 - What two negative traits would you consider overlooking for the outweighing positive traits or working with him to overcome? Why?

11 - What two negative traits do you possess that you want a man to be able to acept or work with you to overcome? Why?

Finally...

12 - Name two things a man can do in a relationship and in a marriage to make you feel completely secure in them.

Ladies, I am very interested in reading your answers and look forward to gaining much insight into the heart of my sisters.

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
with all the questions women have asked about relationships, i'm surprised they haven't attacked this thread with a vengeance. what i've found is that a lot of women DO NOT KNOW how to express their desires, or expectations, when it comes to a serious relationship with a man. even during a one-on-one conversation, when asked what they would like for him to do, their response is sometimes: WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING IS FINE WITH ME. or, KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING. it's hard to get to know a woman, or to determine what is good for you both, when you--the woman--are unable to define your wants, desires, or needs.

KNOW THY SELF.

NyneElementz

Apr 6, 2006
Myrtle Beach, SC
with all the questions women have asked about relationships, i'm surprised they haven't attacked this thread with a vengeance. what i've found is that a lot of women DO NOT KNOW how to express their desires, or expectations, when it comes to a serious relationship with a man. even during a one-on-one conversation, when asked what they would like for him to do, their response is sometimes: WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING IS FINE WITH ME. or, KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING. it's hard to get to know a woman, or to determine what is good for you both, when you--the woman--are unable to define your wants, desires, or needs.

KNOW THY SELF.

As much as I agree, baller, let's give the ladies a fair chance to search themselves and then express themselves. It takes more than a few days for us men to really define and express ourselves sometimes. And in all truth, it would be unfair to our sistas to judge them over the lack of responses. Besides, judgmental statements will kill the opportunity for the sistas to voice themselves because of offense. Give 'em a chance, bro, give 'em a chance.

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
again, i am surprised that this questionnaire didn't receive any attention from the ladies. not to be too judgmental, but if a thread is posted concerning men, women will sometimes beat it to death if men don't respond...saying that men are too afraid to step up. yet, here is an opportunity for men and women to talk about relationship issues and the women are refusing to step up.

i'm just surprised.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NyneElementz Black Relationships : Pre-Relationship Expectations of Black Men Black Relationships 15
Kemetstry Black People Politics : THE PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS LOST UNDER REPEAL Black People Politics 10
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : AN INDIRECT PRE-EASTER TWIST: Why was Lazarus raised at Bethany? AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black Positive People : Mathematician Katherine G. Johnson, Slugger Willie Mays and the Late Shirley Chisholm to Receive Pre Black People Doing Positive Things 0
KingSango Black People : Fat Albert Show and Sesame Street Pre-Social Media. Black People Open Forum 1
imhotep06 Black People : PRE-ORDER: Where is the love? How Language Can Reorient Us Back to Love’s Purpose Black People Open Forum 0
Siba Eusi The Front Porch : I'm seeking completely pre-christian African spiritual beliefs The Front Porch 14
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Court worried about pre-Miranda silence Black People Open Forum 1
skuderjaymes Black People Politics : Pre/Post election Terrorism in the Red State of Indiana. Black People Politics 12
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Interesting Theory: Pre-Civil War Slavery was Illegal and Unconstitutional Black Money Business Jobs 6
Ankhur Black Events : CEMOTAP Pre-KWANZAA CELEBRATION Featuring Imhotep Gary Byrd December 17 at PM Black Events 0
Omowale Jabali Egypt : A Study of Kemetic ( Egyptian) Pre-History and Culture Egypt 14
Ankhur Black People : Let's Talk about Saving the Black Community from the "Pre-Planned Economic Crash coming soon!!!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 1
Mikha'el Black Poetry : Pre-Meditated Murder Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Onyemobi Black People : The Transmission of Igbo Culture in Pre-Colonial and Modern Society (Part 1) Black People Open Forum 3
tyab14 Africa : Pre-Historic North African History: Zingh Empire All Things Africa 9
Omowale Jabali Africa : Evidence of Slavery In Pre Colonial Africa All Things Africa 11
Omowale Jabali African American History Culture : Christianity in Pre-Colonial Nubia African American History Culture 4
F Black Entertainment : Found some pre-illmatic songs, interesting stuff Black Entertainment 0
kente417mojo Black Relationships : Pre nuptual agreements Black Relationships 77
M Black Relationships : Take The Pre-Marital Challenge! Black Relationships 0
K Black Poetry : Pre-Dawn Rendezvous Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
N Black Poetry : Pre(scribed) Medicine Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
skuderjaymes Health and Wellness : Relationship between the ABO Blood Group and the COVID-19 Susceptibility: Type O associated with lower risk.. Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : North Carolina couple offers relationship advice after marking 82 years of marriage Black Relationships 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : Does the old testament contain good advice on how to maintain a marriage/relationship? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Liberty Africa : The genetic history of Bantu speakers and their relationship to African-Americans All Things Africa 3
Liberty Black Relationships : In a relationship Love is more important than Money. True or False Black Relationships 6
Liberty Black Relationships : Is arguing a natural part of every relationship? Black Relationships 16
Liberty Africa : Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans All Things Africa 28
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : THE SLAYING OF MEN BY HATHOR: Its relationship to the Golden Calf Story in Exodus 32 AACOOLDRE 1
Quokka007 Black Relationships : How can you tell a guy is just interested in just sex and not a relationship? Black Relationships 13
Liberty Black Relationships : Is Infidelity The End of A Relationship? Black Relationships 66
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : China's economic crisis has flipped its relationship with Africa upside down All Things Africa 3
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : The God Maa and his Relationship to the Goddess Maat Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
shaka64 Black Education / Schools : Former student speaks out about 3-year relationship with teacher Black Education / Schools 1
HODEE Black Relationships : What's better in a relationship: Chemistry or compatibility? Black Relationships 15
Destee Black People : I Love My Moderating TEAM - We've always had a special relationship <3 Black People Open Forum 5
legit-writer Black Relationships : Caring vs. Obsessing in a Relationship Black Relationships 10
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Our Relationship Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Black Relationships : HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A SUDDEN LOSS OF RELATIONSHIP? Black Relationships 69
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Joel Osteen: ‘Most People Desire to Have a Relationship with God’ Christian Study Group 1
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Positive People : The "One": Relationship Black People Doing Positive Things 6
skuderjaymes Black People : Two minutes of video that explain the relationship between cops, druglords, dealers and feens. Black People Open Forum 0
CHOZIN Black Hebrew Israelites : Religion vs Relationship Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
legit-writer Black People : Abusive Relationship Black People Open Forum 9
legit-writer Black People : FaceBook Relationship Status Black People Open Forum 9
MahoganyUnique Black Relationships : Does astrology or intellect play a part in strong relationship Black Relationships 28
MsInterpret Black Relationships : How much security do you have in your relationship? Black Relationships 21
T The Front Porch : relationship The Front Porch 9