Black Relationships : Pre-Relationship Expectations of Black Men

NyneElementz

Apr 6, 2006
Myrtle Beach, SC
Fellas, I would like to ask you a few questions that may be a bit personal. This thread is meant to offer us men a chance to express their core beliefs regarding women and to offer the ladies a chance to inquire about those beliefs to be enlightened and a bit more empowered to be better partners in black relationships.

All I ask is that the dialogue is honest, respectful, and as loving as possible. I think we can all agree that we all want black love to be better and held in higher regard. Here we go.

1 - Name three qualities that a woman must possess if he is interested in dating you and why those qualities are important to you.

2 - What three qualities in a woman would cause you to reject the idea of dating him?

3 - Name three important things you expect to happen in a relationship (marital hopes not included) and why they are important.

4 - Name two ways you can tell a woman is a real woman and how those two things tie into your belief of what a real woman is.

5 - What is your belief about relationships and money? Where did you learn that belief?

6 - What is your belief about sex in relationships? Where did you learn that belief?

7 - What is your idea of a good relationship? Where did you learn that idea?

8 - What is your idea of a good marriage? Where did you learn that idea?

9 - Under what conditions in a relationship would you expect marriage to become an upcoming reality?

10 - What two negative traits would you consider overlooking for the outweighing positive traits or working with a sista to overcome? Why?

11 - What two negative traits do you possess that you want a woman to be able to acept or work with you to overcome? Why?

Finally...

12 - Name two things a woman can do in a relationship and in a marriage to make you feel completely secure in them.

Brothas, I know that your answers will be interesting and I look forward to us giving much insight to our sisters.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
Interesting.........I'll come back to this because i do look for things in a woman/mate
and they are dear to me when making such choices, honestly there are some things
i will leave unknown for my personal and emotional status.

NyneElementz

Apr 6, 2006
Myrtle Beach, SC
I'll go first:

1 - Name three qualities that a woman must possess if he is interested in dating you and why those qualities are important to you.

1-Honesty. If I can sense that there is honesty in you, that makes it easier for me to trust you. 2-Unselfishness. A willingness to be open, flexible, reciprocal, and appreciative of simple things is something I deeply appreciate. 3-Flexibility, particularly the lack of will to group me into the same categories that men of your past are cast into. An attitude of hopefulness is attractive, whereas anattitude of prejudgment is not.

2 - What three qualities in a woman would cause you to reject the idea of dating her?

1-Dishonesty. I know that you're trying to make the sale, but honesty will sell you better than a front will. A lie is a clear signal that you cannot be trusted. 2-Selfishness, especially high-maintenance selfishness. I'm working towards a dream, working, and making sacrifices, too, andthe last thing I need is someone trying to build herself up while not caring about tearing me down. 3-Rash Judgment. Not allowing me to start on a clean slateis like telling me that there is a great standard of perfection I must live up to, and I'm not into setting myself up for failure.

3 - Name three important things you expect to happen in a relationship (marital hopes not included) and why they are important.

1-I want us to acknowledge our commitment to each other, so that we can become comfortable with practicing thinking about what is best for our relationship. 2-I want more communication about dreams, hopes, fears, and plans. It opens me as both listener and leader, helping me to know someone I will ask to follow me comepletely one day. 3-I want us to be able to pray together more. A spiritual connection is crucial to me when it comes to making a relationship work.

4 - Name two ways you can tell a woman is a real woman and how those two things tie into your belief of what a real woman is.

1-If we can talk about money in terms of the two of us building a vision as opposed to what I have to give her to keep her happy. Happiness in a relationship, I believe, comes from us achieving our goals. 2-If we can handle conflicts and find agreements in ways that do not jeapordize our relationship. I don't mind disagreeing, but I don't ever want to feel like I no longer have a companion, friend, and love just because of a light disagreement or because of a compromise that we do not really agree on.

5 - What is your belief about relationships and money? Where did you learn that belief?

I believe that relationships should be a mutually beneficial situation where two people create a lifestyle of looking out for the best interest of the unity of the relationship. I learned that belief from The Bible and from six elder black married couples who managed to keep the love and friendship going for 20+ years.

6 - What is your belief about sex in relationships? Where did you learn that belief?

I now believe that sex should wait until marriage. I have experienced how sexual activity corrupts the heart to make it selfish. I believe that God didn't say "sex in marriage only" to ruin or deprive us from all the fun, but to keep us protected from all the heartaches that could be involved. I learned that from the Bible and counseling sessions with my pastor.

My idea of a good relationship is the joyful and trust-building practice of looking out for each other's best interests in all areas long before marriage, while building an invincible underlying non-sexual intimate frienship. Learned it from the bible, meditating on Proverbs 17:17 specifically.

Marriage is an all-inclusive intimate relationship that strengthens the integrity of the bonds of trust, love, friendship, and the utmost acceptance of a person, while building hopes, dreams, and plans, working toward a united future, a lifestle of loving, sharing, sacrifice, and unityin all things. I learned that from the marriage scriptures in the bible.

9 - Under what conditions in a relationship would you expect marriage to become an upcoming reality?

Marriage would be an expectation upon being secure in a relationship for 5+ years and us going through at least 1 year of successful marriage counseling.

10 - What two negative traits would you consider overlooking for the outweighing positive traits or working with a sista to overcome? Why?

1-weight gain. I would hope that I'm not stressing the sista I love, but if by no fault of her own, she picks up 35 to 75 pounds, I will stand by her - even help her with her weight loss plan. 2-lack of self-confidence. I will always remind her that she can do anything she setsher mind to, that my love won't be easily taken from her or tainted, and that she is important to me.
11 - What two negative traits do you possess that you want a woman to be able to acept or work with you to overcome? Why?

1-Tendancy to overdo imprtant things out of nervosness. I'm a bit of a nerd and when I make a plan, sometimes, I think that it has to go perfectly or it will fail. That tunnel vision trait of mine is annoying but I tend to do it without realizing it. 2-Need for reassurance. I hadn't had a lot of positive reinforcing coming up, but I do everything I can to do whatis best.

Finally...

12 - Name two things a woman can do in a relationship and in a marriage to make you feel completely secure in them.

Relationship:
1-Be a committed prayer partner.
2-Plan trips and major dates together.

Marriage:
1 - Pray together
2 - Plan and work the budget together.

Black-king

Sep 13, 2011

!) first She must follow and obey the word of God, second She must love me as she love herself, third see the first 2 .

2 - What three qualities in a woman would cause you to reject the idea of dating her?
She hates the laws of God and don't apply them to her life, that covers the rest of the remaining 2 answers.

We are spiritually connected, We are mentally bonded, We are physically attracted to each other.

The way she reacts when she deals with adversity, the way she interacts with her close friends and parents.

Money is a necessity, just a mean to help support the relationship, The Bible 1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Sex i s enjoyable and a meaningful. You shouldn't abuse it nor neglect it. The Bible Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: 1Co 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

A good relationship is one that is based on love and the laws of God. The Bible.

A good marriage is one one that is like Christ and the Church. The Bible eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

We love each other and we both are in one mind under God.

If it doesn't go against the word of God, I may overlook as long it won't be a trait can potential be destructive ot the relationship.
None, all my flaws can be fixed with the word of God not by a woman.

Finally...

Brothas, I know that your answers will be interesting and I look forward to us giving much insight to our sisters.
1) Keep the laws of the Mosh High God.

2) Be true to herself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NyneElementz Black Relationships : Pre-Relationship Expectations of Black Women Black Relationships 23
Kemetstry Black People Politics : THE PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS LOST UNDER REPEAL Black People Politics 10
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : AN INDIRECT PRE-EASTER TWIST: Why was Lazarus raised at Bethany? AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black Positive People : Mathematician Katherine G. Johnson, Slugger Willie Mays and the Late Shirley Chisholm to Receive Pre Black People Doing Positive Things 0
KingSango Black People : Fat Albert Show and Sesame Street Pre-Social Media. Black People Open Forum 1
imhotep06 Black People : PRE-ORDER: Where is the love? How Language Can Reorient Us Back to Love’s Purpose Black People Open Forum 0
Siba Eusi The Front Porch : I'm seeking completely pre-christian African spiritual beliefs The Front Porch 14
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Court worried about pre-Miranda silence Black People Open Forum 1
skuderjaymes Black People Politics : Pre/Post election Terrorism in the Red State of Indiana. Black People Politics 12
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Interesting Theory: Pre-Civil War Slavery was Illegal and Unconstitutional Black Money Business Jobs 6
Ankhur Black Events : CEMOTAP Pre-KWANZAA CELEBRATION Featuring Imhotep Gary Byrd December 17 at PM Black Events 0
Omowale Jabali Egypt : A Study of Kemetic ( Egyptian) Pre-History and Culture Egypt 14
Ankhur Black People : Let's Talk about Saving the Black Community from the "Pre-Planned Economic Crash coming soon!!!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 1
Mikha'el Black Poetry : Pre-Meditated Murder Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Onyemobi Black People : The Transmission of Igbo Culture in Pre-Colonial and Modern Society (Part 1) Black People Open Forum 3
tyab14 Africa : Pre-Historic North African History: Zingh Empire All Things Africa 9
Omowale Jabali Africa : Evidence of Slavery In Pre Colonial Africa All Things Africa 11
Omowale Jabali African American History Culture : Christianity in Pre-Colonial Nubia African American History Culture 4
F Black Entertainment : Found some pre-illmatic songs, interesting stuff Black Entertainment 0
kente417mojo Black Relationships : Pre nuptual agreements Black Relationships 77
M Black Relationships : Take The Pre-Marital Challenge! Black Relationships 0
K Black Poetry : Pre-Dawn Rendezvous Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
N Black Poetry : Pre(scribed) Medicine Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
skuderjaymes Health and Wellness : Relationship between the ABO Blood Group and the COVID-19 Susceptibility: Type O associated with lower risk.. Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : North Carolina couple offers relationship advice after marking 82 years of marriage Black Relationships 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : Does the old testament contain good advice on how to maintain a marriage/relationship? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Liberty Africa : The genetic history of Bantu speakers and their relationship to African-Americans All Things Africa 3
Liberty Black Relationships : In a relationship Love is more important than Money. True or False Black Relationships 6
Liberty Black Relationships : Is arguing a natural part of every relationship? Black Relationships 16
Liberty Africa : Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans All Things Africa 28
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : THE SLAYING OF MEN BY HATHOR: Its relationship to the Golden Calf Story in Exodus 32 AACOOLDRE 1
Quokka007 Black Relationships : How can you tell a guy is just interested in just sex and not a relationship? Black Relationships 13
Liberty Black Relationships : Is Infidelity The End of A Relationship? Black Relationships 66
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : China's economic crisis has flipped its relationship with Africa upside down All Things Africa 3
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : The God Maa and his Relationship to the Goddess Maat Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
shaka64 Black Education / Schools : Former student speaks out about 3-year relationship with teacher Black Education / Schools 1
HODEE Black Relationships : What's better in a relationship: Chemistry or compatibility? Black Relationships 15
Destee Black People : I Love My Moderating TEAM - We've always had a special relationship <3 Black People Open Forum 5
legit-writer Black Relationships : Caring vs. Obsessing in a Relationship Black Relationships 10
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Our Relationship Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Black Relationships : HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH A SUDDEN LOSS OF RELATIONSHIP? Black Relationships 69
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Joel Osteen: ‘Most People Desire to Have a Relationship with God’ Christian Study Group 1
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Positive People : The "One": Relationship Black People Doing Positive Things 6
skuderjaymes Black People : Two minutes of video that explain the relationship between cops, druglords, dealers and feens. Black People Open Forum 0
CHOZIN Black Hebrew Israelites : Religion vs Relationship Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
legit-writer Black People : Abusive Relationship Black People Open Forum 9
legit-writer Black People : FaceBook Relationship Status Black People Open Forum 9
MahoganyUnique Black Relationships : Does astrology or intellect play a part in strong relationship Black Relationships 28
MsInterpret Black Relationships : How much security do you have in your relationship? Black Relationships 21
T The Front Porch : relationship The Front Porch 9