Black Poetry : Pray That I be Not Consumed - Not Just A Flow

Bishop

Just Venting...I think....I pray that I am..But I don't know...

Just a few years ago
I said goodbye
to your father
my brother
he who Watched
from the Watchtower
helped to shape Destee.com
into what it is today
Yes just a few years ago
I said goodbye
to my little brother
one part of The Xtreme Family
back then it started with three
You, Rich and I
when I said goodbye to him
I took you in
his seed
my flesh and blood
to raise as my own
giving your mother
a place of peace and security
until
things got better
healing began
and time moved on
but just a few years later
violence
snatched you out of my life
and you have gone the road
of your father
my brother
at the tender age of 9
no more shall I see your face
when I come home
go to your plays at school
or even teach you the golden rule in Sunday School
again
I must reach down in my grief
and keep the family together
your mother distraugt
beyond belief
your siblings not understanding
and I
I
I'm being consumed by my dark side
trying to hold it together
doing what I do best
scribing about love
yet
love keeps leaving our family
senseless violence
accidental death
metal intruder
shot from a rod of death
aimed one way
but took its own course the wrong way
struck you
replay of the same scene
years ago
when it was a friend's daughter being shot on her birthday
but she made it
you didn't
but I know who did it
everyone praying that I leave it alone
let the law lay down the law
but the law has no remedy
for what ails Chitown...
but I do
Pray for me
while you sit high with your father
Watching
because
Pray for me
not that I don't give in
but pray that when I do what must be done
I'll have mercy on their soul...:whip:

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
Deep sight
feeling da grip
da same blizzard
dat hit my home
rocked it strong
took thy child
then they smiled
yet have i forgotten
as Da underworld
of destruction of me
has come and seek
da soul for soul

O' how i can relate
and da tymes we all
shared rawness
do what must be done
as i pray in da name of thy father
that mercy be deem

feelin you deeply
Da $R

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
I felt the sadness in this, and I think it's only natural to want justice. You will see your way through this brother. Hugs to you and yours, my condolences.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Willie345 Black Spirituality Religion : Why African Americans no longer pray to Jesus Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Willie345 Black Spirituality Religion : Why Christians Don't Pray to Jesus Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Texas mayor tells council member women can’t pray at city meetings because Bible forbids it Christian Study Group 3
dattaswami1 Black Christians : Why did Jesus on the cross pray to God to excuse His offenders since they were ignorant? Christian Study Group 0
R Black Poetry : HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY On Sunday we pray the last Monday in May is Memorial // Day in a pastoral way cel Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Louise Cosper Black Parenting : Scripture Prayers to Pray Over Our Families Black Parenting 0
R Black Poetry : HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY On Sunday we pray the last Monday in May is Memorial // Day in a pastoral way ce Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
T Black Muslims : TO PRAY OR TO PREY : NO QUESTION ABOUT IT Islam Study Group 4
E Black Spirituality Religion : If Jesus is God, why did he pray to the Father and not to himself when he was on the cross? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
NyneElementz Black Christians : Sisters, Pray for your men!!! Christian Study Group 9
A Black Spirituality Religion : Pray To Yahweh Not Jesus He Will Protect Us Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
KaHotep Black Spirituality Religion : How to pray many different ways for Black Christians Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
1poetsought Quiet Poetry Lounge : Let Us Pray Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
chuck Black People Politics : Why Did You Hope And Pray Obama Would Redeem Us? Black People Politics 45
Bluewater Black Poetry : Even Rocks Pray Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Black-king Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : I Sit and I Pray by Zacheous Jackson Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
A Black People : A New Way To Relieve Stress, Pray Black People Open Forum 0
MzSunKissed African Traditional Religion : Who is the creator and how should we pray to the creator? African Traditional Religion Study Group 24
Ankhur Black People : Sad Kwanzaa, / UMOJA let us Unify to Pray for the Murder victim families in Newark Black People Open Forum 1
chuck Black People : Pray For The Babies: Help Save Our Children-! Black People Open Forum 6
MsInterpret Black People : Pray for Mom - Surgery Tomorrow Black People Open Forum 25
MsInterpret Black People : Pray for my mom - Found tumor Black People Open Forum 21
MsInterpret Black People : Pray for Friend...She lost both husband and mom Black People Open Forum 15
M Black Poetry : PLEASE DON'T PRAY FOR ME Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Oh Lord I Pray De’ Brother’s Prayer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
river Black Spirituality Religion : Why Do We Pray? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
river Black Spirituality Religion : Are You Committing Idolatry When You Pray to Jesus? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
nevar Black Poetry : 2007 I pray for a better year!!!!!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
C Black Spirituality Religion : Many ways to pray Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
nevar Black Poetry : I'll Pray for you.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
L Black Poetry : PRAY FOR ME... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
B Black Poetry : a pray of a fifteen year old girl Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : I pray for you Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 23
Nita Black Spirituality Religion : Please Pray for Me Thread Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 56
C Black Poetry : Time 2 Pray Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
triniti424 Audio Video Web Conferencing : Pray for sista Vincy Audio Video Web Conferencing 37
P Black Poetry : I Won't Forget To Pray Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Da meadow i pray Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
watzinaname Black Poetry : Let Us Pray.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
L Black Poetry : ...Its 3 A.M...I'm Trapped...I Pray... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
J Black People : Please Pray Black People Open Forum 10
M Black Poetry : Pray For Me! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Destee Black People : nuth'n ta do cept'n pray Black People Open Forum 13
F Black Entertainment : let's pray for whitney....and bobby Black Entertainment 8
E Black Poetry : I Pray I Wake Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
T Black Poetry : Let Us Pray!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Destee Quiet Poetry Lounge : nuth'n ta do cept'n pray Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
F Black Poetry : Consumed with the thoughts of you Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
T Black Poetry : Consumed by Her Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
C Black Haiku : Consumed Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6