Black People : Positive news on Africa you wont see on CNN, Fox etc

King Tubbs

Apr 17, 2005
Ghana Reflects Progress in Africa
By CHRIS TOMLINSON
Associated Press Writer

ACCRA, Ghana — Coby Asmah is a success in a part of the world that is hardly ever equated with success.

The design and printing business he launched from his dining room table 14 years ago now employs 54 people.

Whole of the article

These pics are not from the article they are from flickr.com and help illustrate the story:

excel10k

Banned
Dec 19, 2007
Great article and pictures. I know a lady from Ghana who lives in Louisiana that I have known for several years. She owns a house over there and a business in Louisiana. Her husband is African American, but they plan to move to Ghana when they both retire. She has told me several of the things mentioned in the Article.

Zulile

Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
Violation

King Tubbs,

I refer you to our Rules to be found at http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8084

Rule # 2. Do not add property to this site that belongs to someone other than yourself, without including their written permission. This includes, but is not limited to, poetry, news, articles, short stories, music, etc.

It is not always easy to contact the owner, and receive their permission in a timely fashion. Therefore, we have provided an alternative to the above. You can include a few sentences of the property, and add a link to where it can be read in its entirety.

Please edit your post appropriately by highlighting/limiting it's length and posting a link.

Thank you!
Zulile

Zulile

Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
Bro King Tubbs - that wasnt an edit - that was surgical removal!! :lol: :lol: It didnt need to be so severe, but thank you :)

I enjoyed the article - I posted recently in the Pan African forum asking if anyone on destee.com knew of people who have gone the path of repatriation, and I intend to visit Ghana next year and see how I can assist - as Ghana is doing some very remarkable things. I mean, wow.

My father travels there every other month for a couple weeks developing medical/educational facilities and he just marvels at the extent to which Ghana is leading the pack in moving forwards - and their strong desire to include as many as possible from the diaspora to return home.

I think most in the diaspora suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome - what a fantastic life that awaits them and their children and childrens children - if they could let go of the fear and remove the brainwashing of generations spent in the west.

Good post - thanks.
Zulile

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Black Children : Street Positive News Black Children 4
I Black People : Young black men finally shown doing something positive by the news. Black People Open Forum 2
G Health and Wellness : China has made positive steps Black Health and Wellness 1
Marquis Davis Science and Technology : The Science of Positive Vibration and High Frequency Science and Technology 1
HODEE Black Positive People : A CHANGED MIND - "DO NOT MOVE" ( For Some will not Enter the Spiritual Thread ) Not that they have no spirituality ..It's Also Black People Positive Black People Doing Positive Things 3
Louise Cosper Black Parenting : A POSITIVE EXAMPLE Black Parenting 3
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Positive Psychoactive Effects Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Positive Premeditation with Sea Salt Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Mastermind Chronicles: A Positive Mastery in Thievery Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
chuck Black People : Only When We Resolve Our Issues Via Progressive Means We Can Expect Positive Results!!! Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Joe Biden's Son Kicked Out Of Navy After Testing Positive For Cocaine, Receives Honorable Discharge Black People Politics 3
shaka64 Black People : Be a part of something positive. Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black People : POSITIVELY + POSITIVE Black People Open Forum 833
ru2religious Black People : The Positive Within the Negative Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Mc Lyte feat. Positive K - Im not havin it Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
noor100 Black Muslims : Positive Vibes [2] Islam Study Group 5
legit-writer Law Forum : positive law vs natural law Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
B The Front Porch : A Positive Message From A Black Hebrew The Front Porch 13
blackisbeautiful Black Entertainment : How to Create Positive Music in Our Community Black Entertainment 0
noor100 Black Muslims : Positive Vibes[Songs] Islam Study Group 11
Kyooms Black Parenting : Positive Characters for Black Children Black Parenting 105
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Positive K - I Got A Man Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People Politics : Why cry about Obama, /just do SOMETHING positive for te Black community Black People Politics 3
L Black People : POSITIVE DAY IS JUNE 5th Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Is there any Positive Energy or Spirituality here at All? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Hopefully we can all send our prayers, rituals and positive energy to help Africa!!!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
MsInterpret Black People : Positive thoughts bring positive results Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Wrongly Convicted Man Stays Positive Black People Doing Positive Things 10
MsInterpret Health and Wellness : The Health Benefits for thinking Positive! Black Health and Wellness 8
noor100 Black Entertainment : Positive Vibes[Songs] Black Entertainment 13
cherryblossom Nigeria : HIV Positive Muppet for Sesame Street in Nigeria Nigeria 12
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Submission, Positive, Negative, Exactness Chief Elder Osiris 1
Full Speed Black People : Positive Energy Vs. Negative Energy Black People Open Forum 21
chuck Black Children : Just What is 'Positive Hip Hop" To You? Black Children 6
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : May we send our Collective Prayers and Positive Energy to the folks of Chile Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
3 Questions regarding the Pan-African, Black History, Ancestor, Positive efforts forums Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 1
B Black People : POSITIVE ATTRITUBES AND CONTRIBUTIONS THAT WE CAN EXERCISE IN 2010 !! Black People Open Forum 47
Ankhur Black People : Kareem Abdul Jabar/leukemia please send prayers and positive energy Black People Open Forum 4
river Black Spirituality Religion : Negative and Positive Energy: A Practical Examination Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Q Black People : Send Sista Soulosophy some Positive energy Black People Open Forum 24
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Are Black Women More Positive Toward America Than Black Men? Chief Elder Osiris 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : OBAMA, BLACK FOLKS FALSE POSITIVE Chief Elder Osiris 0
R Black People : a real positive brother Black People Open Forum 1
T Black Children : Street Positive Black Children 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : DOES OBAMA REPRESENT A FALSE POSITIVE, TO BLACK PEOPLE ? Chief Elder Osiris 0
G Black People : Positive Vibration-Bob Marley Black People Open Forum 1
N Black Spirituality Religion : Positive Videos OUR People should be watching Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
G Black People : Promoting The Positive-Negative Pull Black People Open Forum 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : THE POSITIVE EFFECT OF BLACK FOLKS THOUGHTS OF VICTIM HOOD Chief Elder Osiris 0
D Black People : Positive People of Color Black People Open Forum 0