Amun-Ra : Polygamy

river

Watch Her Flow
Reaction score
And yet most people do not approach love from a logical standpoint. Even the ideal lover Prince Charming had three wives: Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Still they lived happily ever after as far as I know. But Westerners love competition and I think they enjoy the idea of having millions of women feel like losers because they could not find a man, not because it is numerically impoossible but because these women just aren't good enough--don't have what it takes to get a man. With our all or nothing mentality it's going to be hard to get western women to see polygamy as anything but settling.

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Reaction score
This discussion of polygamy is likened to someone trying to put on a new dress over some funky dirty underwear. The dress might look good, but you still nasty. You need to wash--the body and your drawz if you're truly going to be clean.

I think it was stated clearly in the very beginning of this thread and in the threads downstairs where this topic is heavily discussed, that you literally have to undergo a total cleansing, if you will--a separation and deprogramming of what you currently know in order to fully to grasp the potential value that such a different type of relationship might have on individuals and society as a whole.

You can't just pick up polygamy and plop it down in this western culture and expect it to work because it won't as Brother James has stated. I don't see women's rights as an issue once new knowledge is obtained. I don't see it as women competing with each other or subjugating themselves to a man who is in control. Polygamy means more than that and if it was ever accepted as a lifestyle, it too would be conformed to modern conditions to support the people involved. It's just like anything--when new information is put in front of you, you tend to form opinions based on that new information and you will make the necessary adjustments as a result. Everything doesn't have to and won't necessarily remain the same--vis a vis same sex marriages. That is one perfect example of how society shifts in terms of what it believes in and will allow. It's never a easy and smooth transition, but I believe that as we evolve, so will the institution of marriage.

So to really debate this topic and give it fair consideration, you must compare apples with apples and not apples with oranges.

That's my humble opinion...

Queenie :spinstar: