Amun-Ra : Polygamy

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
2nd wife?

You are asking for it Pan my man. The Bible says a woman can reduce a man to a crust of bread. What can two women do?

1. PMS twice a month or two womanh going through it simultaneously in the same house. Either way 'tis no tea party

2. Wife one: Those are my stockings.
Wife two: No those are MY stockings.

3. Wife one: Umm excuse me. I don't use my vaccuum cleaner to pick up food.
Wife two: This is not your vaccuum cleaner girlie.

4. Wife one: You took her out last time, Pan but now it's my turn and you want to be like you don't have any more money. I guess not! You spend it all on her!

Why do this to yourself? :sand:

deepy

Jun 4, 2003
nyc
are you saying PanAfrica that wife number one is ready to share with a wife number two?

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
I see sisters River & Deepy that you can't even joke about this topic (which is what I was doing). :laugh: Ironically though, just this afternoon I was talking with a "sista", whose sister & brother in law were considering polygamy. This is becoming a reality ladies in more American households (white, latino, and black), whether or not we want believe it. Polygamy has both its benefits, and downfalls...as does any other relationship. However at a time when relationships are rapidly being redefined (like Homosexual marriage)...polygamy will also be re-examined. I for one don't think it is an obsolete instituion. I feel it makes more sense now (with such factors as an increased number of homosexuality, single parent households, infidelity in marriage, male imprisionment, and the increasing gap between available females to males), than it ever has in this country's history.

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Male Challenged

You might say we are male challenged--there are many answers, but I like polygamy because it produces an argument and if you haven't guessed it by now--I like to stir things up, but its all in a good cause. Thinking opens the mind, stimulates new thoughts and helps each of grow--I am tring to get smarter by reserving my judgement or reserving my right to change my mind or be persuaded--That's why I like to challenege people to take a stand on something they have absolutely no use for and then make an argument for its existence because it forces one to think about another point of view, especially iof you have to defend a view you don't find to your liking--Ra

:idea:

deepy

Jun 4, 2003
nyc
brother panafrica
i had to sign back into respond to you...what are you talking about.? if you didn't get the humor in my message I am sorry..cause I thought what i wrote was funny...now if using wife number 1 as the pivot took you to serious...then check yourself...cause i was making a joke
as stated...I have no negative judgement on polygamy...just the necessary requirements/ethics/etc...to make such unions work in america.
and if they are happening and they are working out and all parties are comfortable, all is well and good.
brother amun-ra
I haven't guessed it...what is it.?

I am JOKING..JOKING...
YOU GET THIS ONE?

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
deepy said:
brother panafrica i had to sign back into respond to you...what are you talking about.? if you didn't get the humor in my message I am sorry..cause I thought what i wrote was funny?
If that was a joke, I sure did misunderstand it. But it that was your idea of a joke...a funny one at that......don't quite your day job! :lol:

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Occupation
Author
panafrica said:
I see sisters River & Deepy that you can't even joke about this topic (which is what I was doing). :laugh: Ironically though, just this afternoon I was talking with a "sista", whose sister & brother in law were considering polygamy. This is becoming a reality ladies in more American households (white, latino, and black), whether or not we want believe it. Polygamy has both its benefits, and downfalls...as does any other relationship. However at a time when relationships are rapidly being redefined (like Homosexual marriage)...polygamy will also be re-examined. I for one don't think it is an obsolete instituion. I feel it makes more sense now (with such factors as an increased number of homosexuality, single parent households, infidelity in marriage, male imprisionment, and the increasing gap between available females to males), than it ever has in this country's history.
You mean you thought I was serious? It never occured to me that you would take my post as serious. This is because we are reading words without the benefit of voice. Of course it is only human to inject into those words whatever we are already feeling when we come to them. Pan, you know you my boy so go back and read my post and laugh dagnabbit.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Let me add this though sister River: Even though I knew you were joking, the situationd you described would be an issue between a man juggling two girlfriends. However I don't think two women who were involved in a polygamous marriage would argue over such a minor issue.

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Occupation
Author
panafrica said:
Let me add this though sister River: Even though I knew you were joking, the situationd you described would be an issue between a man juggling two girlfriends. However I don't think two women who were involved in a polygamous marriage would argue over such a minor issue.
I don't know, Pan. Two women in the same house would probably fall out over even smaller things because the things they are falling out over are not what the real issue is. In America we have this idea that a wife is supposed to be the woman of the house just like a husband is the man of his house. To ask a woman to share or abdicate this role is just like asking you to give up the kingship in your own home. You may be able to get a woman to give mental assent to the idea that sharing her crown is the intelligent and mature thing to do but something in the back of her mind will still rebel and these little petty issues will crop up as expressions of her disatisfaction. I have been in this situation trying to one big happy family with my sister and her husband and kids after living fifteen years on my own. I know I would have no problem submitting to my king cause that is the desire of my heartbut to share my role with another woman I cannot do it and I don't know too many woman who can. Women get along better when they have their own territory and are not in each other's hair. Being married to the same man is not going to make a difference.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.