Black Authors : poetry contest-fake or real

daroc

May 16, 2004
how do you know which contest are real and which are fake?

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
it's one to pounder over when many are already selected
I've found that many use it to win you over and publish your
work ......sure they give you your copy rights but they make
all the royalities for the use of thousands of artist work .......

it's hard to say who on the ups it have a lot of pros and cons
it's who you feel is real and what they offering how winners are
selected or picked and what winners recieve, every thing has a price

just beware ......i've been down this street before

daroc

May 16, 2004
good look rich thanks for the advice
j/w cuz i enter some free contest and they sent me some stuff saying i made semifinals
i'm jus wonder how do i figure out wat to do..

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
that semifinals will ask for money to buy a book many times it all come
down to the poet spending money for products ....likes a copy of the book
your poetry will be displayed in and or a voice copy of your poem which someone
else will be reading even the thing about your name in lights with a time offer
price and many times you will see it come out and say 49.95 to you but it's cost
is 69.95

what i learn is we make these contest people $$$$ with our work from thousands
of poets good one's new one's and young one's even not so good one's everyone
a winner to publish there work in a hardbound book and they get all the Money for
it all you get is a promise to be one of there finalist but on the end never win that
final i have take this trip before and learned the pros and cons of contests

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Destee Network : 2003 Essay and Poetry Contest Destee Network : 2
P Black People : Poetry/Poem Contest......... Black People Open Forum 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Poetry In Motion Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
TotalView Black Poetry : a note from my poetry to myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Mario William Vitale Latest Poetry Pieces Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Poets To Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Poetry : ESPN Publishes Poetry Tribute To Asatta Shakur Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
IFE Black Poetry : Barack Obama's poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
GoFish Support : poetry + Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : When Poetry? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Feast on grocery while writing a piece of poetry bitter pure Literature my mixed rhymes fix minds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
HODEE Black People : Prentice Powell *Poetry on THE SYSTEM - The Black Condition Black People Open Forum 1
n2deepthings Destee Network : RevolutionaryMind - Poetry, Books, and #Ferguson Films Destee Network : 0
Enki Black Poetry : DARK SIDE OF THE EARTH - ANTI-BULLYING SPOKEN WORD POETRY SHORT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Bishop Black Poetry : I Call Her Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Poet Lost Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Enki Spoken Word : Ruby Dee - A Poem ABout Tupac on Def Jam Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
candeesweet Black Poetry : Raindrops vs Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black People : TAALAM ACEY - Spoken Word Poetry Black People Open Forum 7
river Black People : Fifth Year at Visions with Voices spoken Word Poetry and Narrative Black People Open Forum 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Black Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
G Black Entertainment : Rakim - Def Poetry Black Entertainment 1
Nahshon Black Poetry : Paper-cut Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
KaHotep Black Poetry : Black Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : 6/28/13 Research Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Writspirit Poet of the Week : Poetry review of the musical Cuff Me: Fifty Shades of Grey Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
skuderjaymes Poetry Discussion : Why should anyone buy your poetry book? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 7
THE-GOD Poetry Discussion : Why do women write poetry centered around this "poor me" pity me" oh please, help me, type of stuff? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 18
skuderjaymes Audio Video Web Conferencing : Poetry Girl. Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
keyame The Front Porch : My name is Dre, but poetry name is Keyame The Front Porch 4
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Poetry dying to be released Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Keita Kenyatta Spoken Word : dana gilmore def poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
noor100 Black Muslims : SIGNS [Poetry] Islam Study Group 21
MsVeraisblessed Black People : PYPM 2012 Poetry Slam Black People Open Forum 2
guttapoetfromny Black Poetry : Poetry... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
R Black Poetry : Feast on grocery while writing a piece of poetry bitter pure Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Asomfwaa Black Poetry : Poetry: Pay For What You Need Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
river Black Poetry : Now Accepting Poetry Submissions Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
cherryblossom Black Poetry : Psychedelic Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
baller Black Poetry : The Journey (thru titles of my poetry) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
A Quiet Poetry Lounge : this is a test to check if i can still post poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Proverbs31Woman Black People Politics : Outrage Flares As Michelle Obama Invites Common To White House To Read Poetry Black People Politics 11
I Black Poetry : (EXTREME CONTENT) THE POETRY OF VIOLENCE... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
I Black Authors : (EXTREME CONTENT) THE POETRY OF VIOLENCE... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
cherryblossom Black Poetry : The Spirit of Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
N Black Poetry : LUST POETRY Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
MsInterpret Quiet Poetry Lounge : Only Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Destee Higher Standard Required : You Must Be Able to Discuss Without Cursing - Poetry Excluded Our Rules - Higher Standard Required 0
T Black Poetry : Poetry - The Friend and Enemy Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
4 Black Poetry : I LUV TO READ HIS POETRY Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24