Black Astrology : Planting by the Signs...

Aqil

Feb 3, 2001
New York
One of the earlier reasons for looking towards the Heavens for guidance was to insure the fertility of crops. My intention in this thread is to provide basic and concise information that, if followed, will help you raise a healthy garden with a high yield. Needless to say, there are many other important factors in raising a garden, such as weather, soil, compost, irrigation and most important, love. For best results, both the Moon's phase and sign should be considered. If possible, plan plantings ahead of time for periods when both indications are favorable.

Planting by the Moon’s Phases

The term “waxing” means the Moon’s light is increasing. The term “waning” means the Moon’s light is decreasing.

First Quarter during the waxing Moon from the New Moon until the half Moon. Crops to be planted during this period include above ground plants such as lettuce, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, brussel sprouts, spinach, kohlrabi, parsley, cauliflower and other leafy annuals (plants living only one season). Grains are best planted in the first quarter, as well as cucumbers, even though there are seeds in the fruit. These plants will also do well when planted during the Second Quarter.

Second Quarterduring the waxing Moon from the half Moon until the Full Moon. At this time all aboveground annuals that carry their seeds in the fruit should be planted. These include tomatoes, peppers, melons, squash, pumpkins, eggplant, beans and peas. These may also be planted during the First Quarter if it isn't possible to plant them during the Second.

Third Quarterduring the waning Moon from the Full Moon until the half Moon. This is the time to plant all root crops such as potatoes, onions, radishes, beets, turnips, carrots and parsnips. It is also a good time to plant biennials, perennials, winter wheat, trees, shrubs, berries and grapes.

Fourth Quarterduring the waning Moon from the half Moon until the New Moon. All of the Third-Quarter crops can also be planted now, but this period is best used for destroying weeds and killing pests. Cultivation is also best done in this Quarter, especially with the Moon in Aries, Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Sagittarius or Aquarius.

Planting by the Moon-Sign

Aries – dry and barren. Good for killing weeds and insects. Also a good sign for cultivation. Onions sets can be planted when the Moon is in Aries.

Taurus – Moist and productive. Good for planting root crops and leafy vegetables.

Gemini – Dry and barren. Good for killing weeds and insects. Also good for cultivation.

Cancer – Moist and very productive. Best sign for planting of all kinds, especially aboveground crops. Excellent time to irrigate.

Leo – Very dry and barren. Worst sign for planting. Best for killing weeds and pests. Good for cultivation.

Virgo – Moist but barren. Good for killing weeds and insects. Also good for cultivation.

Libra – Moist and fairly fruitful. Good for hay, corn, fodder. Rapid growth of pulp. Very good for flowers.

Scorpio – Moist and very productive. Very good for all plants, especially vines. Also good for irrigation,

Sagittarius – Dry and barren. Good for killing weeds and insects and for cultivation. Onions and hay can be planted under this sign.

Capricorn – Fairly moist, fruitful. Good for root crops.

Aquarius – Dry and barren. Good for killing weeds and pests and for cultivation.

Pisces – Moist and very fruitful. Very productive, especially for root crops. Good for irrigation.

Cut timber when the Moon is waning. It will be dryer and tends to preserve better. Harvest crops – especially fruits – when the Moon is waning and in a dry sign, as bruises will dry rather than rot. Set fence posts during a waning Moon. Irrigate in a moist sign. Prune in the Third Quarter when the Moon is in Scorpio...

Aqil

Feb 3, 2001
New York
"To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under the Heavens: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted."
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-2)

Remby

Jan 31, 2001
Gary, IN
Hey Aqil, :wave:

What invaluable information. Even though I don't garden, nor do I have space to garden I do have a pretty good green thumb and have had some success with plants and flowers. I usually plant my bulbs in early spring and cover them to keep the suqirrles, raccons and deer from eating them. ( yes I live in the city). So could you give the same or similar infomation regarding flowers and plants?

Your sister
Remby

Aqil

Feb 3, 2001
New York
Peace and love my sister...good to see you again. Yes, I noticed that green thumb in your horoscope...:) And yes, you will see a big difference if you employ the rules of nature in whatever you grow...

:heart:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People : 34 criminal cases tossed after body cam footage shows cop planting drugs Black People Open Forum 4
I'm Becoming Me Black People : Police Caught Planting Drugs Black People Open Forum 11
dnommo Black Poetry : seed planting Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Fine1952 Black Astrology : 13 Sun Signs of the Zodiac: A.K.A. the Zodiac Conspiracy (2014) Black Astrology 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : CAA Signs ‘Good Trouble’ Writer, Black Lives Matter Co-Founder Patrisse Cullors Black People Doing Positive Things 0
OldSoul Black People : Ida B. Wells Street Signs Unveiled In Chicago Black People Open Forum 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Signs Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Marquis Davis Black Christians : 12 Signs of the End Times Christian Study Group 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Signs Of The Time Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Chidike Black People : Common Sense 101-Why Do We Still Believe Marching And Holding Up Signs Will Defeat White Supremacy? Black People Open Forum 7
IFE Black Positive People : 15-Year Old Black Teen Entrepreneur Signs Licensing Deal With the NBA Black People Doing Positive Things 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obama Quietly Signs The "Countering Disinformation And Propaganda Act" Into Law Black People Politics 2
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : five-signs-black-man-has-depression Black Health and Wellness 6
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Catholic Altar: The pagan signs within AACOOLDRE 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : lebron signs $500 million lifetime deal with nike... Black Sports 13
shaka64 Black People : AdTech Ad Obama Signs Executive Order Permanently Implementing Martial Law Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama signs order for federal worker pay raises in 2014 Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Kenya : Kenya signs infrastructure, energy deals worth $5 bln with China Kenya 33
RAPTOR Black People Politics : President Obama Signs “Anti-Protest” Bill H.R. 347 Black People Politics 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obama Signs Executive Order, Sends $500 Million To Palestinian Authority Black People Politics 3
Eccl 12vs13 Black Spirituality Religion : Are You a Child of Light or a Child of Darkness? (Signs and Warnings) Part 2 Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Ladies: What are your "not interested" signs? Black Relationships 10
MsInterpret Black People : Signs You Might Have A Cyber Stalker Black People Open Forum 17
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 7 Fruits and Vegetables that Reverse the Signs of Aging Black Health and Wellness 19
macoo Black Muslims : signs of lying in face and voice of the liar Islam Study Group 0
noor100 Black Muslims : SIGNS [Poetry] Islam Study Group 21
noor100 Black People : Signs of the Time Black People Open Forum 1
ballerSon Black Poetry : suicidal signs look out for them Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
blackeyes Science and Technology : In African Cave, Signs of an Ancient Paint Factory Science and Technology 2
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : new zodiac signs? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
noor100 Black Muslims : Some Signs of the Last Days Islam Study Group 1
C Black People Politics : Obama signs bill reducing cocaine sentencing gap Black People Politics 5
A Black Spirituality Religion : Top Ten Signs You’re a Zealous Pagan Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 117
N Black Spirituality Religion : Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 44
legit-writer Black Relationships : Signs of Jealousy Black Relationships 9
D Black Astrology : Your Zodiac Signs Changes W/ Time. Black Astrology 304
info-moetry Black People : Black preacher co-signs murder Black People Open Forum 31
Metaverse Black People : Physical Signs of POWER. Black People Open Forum 24
A Black Astrology : Reading Signs Black Astrology 143
nevar Black People : Signs of sexual abuse a must read........part one Black People Open Forum 14
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : SIGNS OF THE TIME Omowale Jabali 19
Destee Black People : Signs of Possible U.S.-Israeli Attack on Iran Black People Open Forum 1
G Psychological trauma: What are some of the Signs in us? Black Health and Wellness 0
G Black People : MetaSaience-Dropa Stone Discs-Signs and Wonders. Black People Open Forum 2
G Black People : Michael Vicks-Dog fights-SIGNS AND WONDERS Black People Open Forum 13
G Black Spirituality Religion : Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
G Black People : Hurricane Katrina Song-Signs and Wonders Black People Open Forum 0
Sha'iyn Black Astrology : signs of love making Black Astrology 1
Monetary Black Sports : Judah signs on with Prize Fight Boxing Black Sports 0
river Black Spirituality Religion : Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13