Black People Politics : "Pity the sad legacy of Barack Obama" : Cornel West

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
West is goin' in appears. Couldn't it be that he's still, as it is alleged, mad for not being invited
to the white house by pres. Obama? :

"Yet the mainstream media and academia failed to highlight these painful truths linked to Obama. Instead, most well-paid pundits on TV and radio celebrated the Obama brand. And most black spokespeople shamelessly defended Obama’s silences and crimes in the name of racial symbolism and their own careerism. How hypocritical to see them now speak truth to white power when most went mute in the face of black power. Their moral authority is weak and their newfound militancy is shallow."
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/09/barack-obama-legacy-presidency

...Regardless, does he have a point?

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
West is goin' in appears. Couldn't it be that he's still, as it is alleged, mad for not being invited
to the white house by pres. Obama? :

"Yet the mainstream media and academia failed to highlight these painful truths linked to Obama. Instead, most well-paid pundits on TV and radio celebrated the Obama brand. And most black spokespeople shamelessly defended Obama’s silences and crimes in the name of racial symbolism and their own careerism. How hypocritical to see them now speak truth to white power when most went mute in the face of black power. Their moral authority is weak and their newfound militancy is shallow."
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/09/barack-obama-legacy-presidency

...Regardless, does he have a point?
Seems like he only has a counter point. Maybe he is providing a needed contrasting view to the good things Obama has done? Maybe he forgot Congress actively worked against him the entire 8 years he has been in office?

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
Seems like he only has a counter point. Maybe he is providing a needed contrasting view to the good things Obama has done? Maybe he forgot Congress actively worked against him the entire 8 years he has been in office?
Or maybe:

....He's just telling the truth regarding obama?

...Realized that obama didn't truly try, especially when he had
both house and senate and decided not to use it to his advantage?

There's an ocean of speculation/conjecture to sail upon, no doubt.

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
Or maybe:

....He's just telling the truth regarding obama?

...Realized that obama didn't truly try, especially when he had
both house and senate and decided not to use it to his advantage?

There's an ocean of speculation/conjecture to sail upon, no doubt.
Opinions by nature are subjective. When you only tell one side of things rarely are they factual. I think it will take some time for the main populace (including a lot of Black people) to realize exactly what Obama has done with Black people in mind. Those powerful whites know what he did and thats why they hate him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : Have a house in the city to some it arouse pity a Mickey Mouse is witty and wanna start trouble he flow hard and mow the yard see a girl now he be hoo Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
KingSango Black People : What suffers the African worldwide pity, envy or both? Black People Open Forum 0
THE-GOD Poetry Discussion : Why do women write poetry centered around this "poor me" pity me" oh please, help me, type of stuff? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 18
Ankhur Black People : WALLOW IN FEAR, OR STRIVE IN HOPE, Pity Parties or Progress Planning??? Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Pity Parties or Progress Planning Black People Open Forum 2
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Pity for the Rock Star Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Kamau47 Black People : Pity? Black People Open Forum 1
N Black People : To Pity or Despise Black People Open Forum 19
Knowledge Seed Black People Politics : Obama pity parties Black People Politics 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Inconvenience To The Afrikan Life , Serve To Be The Pity Of The Afrikan Chief Elder Osiris 0
K Black Poetry : Pity Bubble. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
H Black Poetry : UpWordly Mobile ( pity party - come in) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
HODEE Black Entertainment : Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song (Official Music Video) Black Entertainment 1
R Black Poetry : In VIRGINIA BEACH devastated as a car accelerated toward me had to duck that's just bad luck a sad c Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : We can feel sad, hurt, demoralized But we can’t give up: Black Lives Matter on Trump’s presidency Black People Politics 5
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Sad, But True: Why Black Men Die Younger Than Everybody Else African American History Culture 8
blazejay Black People : WHAT IS AMERICA GOING TO BE? The Sad Realities of The Coming Downfall Black People Open Forum 8
Enki Black People Politics : It Is Sad When Blacks Are So Scared Of YT That They Can't Admit A Simple Truth. Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous' 'sad' ... But gets it through Black People Politics 22
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : THIS IS SO SAD AND RACIST.... Black People Open Forum 9
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : This is so,so,sad...He won? Black People Open Forum 1
1poetsought Black Poetry : Sad but True Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
legit-writer Black People : Very Sad Story Black People Open Forum 155
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Bobby Hemmitt Has Just Suffered A Severe Stroke! So Sad!! OMG!! BREAKING NEW Black People Open Forum 4
Kemetstry Black People Politics : Sad But True Black People Politics 1
$$RICH$$ Black People : christine story how sad yet joy! Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Black People : TROY was EXECUTED sad day around the world Black People Open Forum 12
OldSoul OldSoul : "Reverse Racism": A Sad Misnomer for a Tragic Mississippi Murder OldSoul 3
Ankhur Black People : Sad Kwanzaa, / UMOJA let us Unify to Pray for the Murder victim families in Newark Black People Open Forum 1
R Black People : VIDEO LETTER TO NICKI MANAJ AND LIL KIM KINDA SAD Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black Women : First Black SC legislator dies a sad death Black Women 21
R Black Poetry : SAD DAY IN MANHATTAN (911) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
G Black Entertainment : This is sad..... Black Entertainment 13
L Poetry Critiques : sad state of affairs Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
P Black People : Tell me this is NOT sad..... Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : See haters in theatres trying to act bad the facts are sad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MANASIAC Black People : This is Sad Yall Black People Open Forum 6
R Black Poetry : On a sad route like a bad drought no rainfall Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
S Black Poetry : Sad Sad Tale Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
river Antoinette's Sad story Black Health and Wellness 3
A Black People : sister River i was in this moozie zwoozie sad mood but you made me laugh... Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People : Very Sad News... Black People Open Forum 8
anAfrican Black People : strange and sad Black People Open Forum 0
I Black People : Sad day in Philly Black People Open Forum 1
M Black Poetry : ***SAD...SAD LOVE POEM*** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
D Black Relationships : Confused and Sad Black Relationships 2
P Black Entertainment : New pictures of lil kim.... (this is sad) Black Entertainment 39
B Black Poetry : Pain...(i was sad and just started writing..i know its bad...) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
H The Sad State Of Some Of Our Children Black Parenting 2
T Black Poetry : IT'S THE SAME OLD SAD STORY Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13