Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q83/amnat77/P1000687.jpg

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q83/amnat77/P1000672.jpg

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
:wave: WB Sister Amnat77, you are a doll... looks like y'all had a wonderful time.

Nice pics... thanx for sharing:spinstar:

:tennis:

:picture:

anAfrican

Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
Thanks for sharing both the pics of the collection and of you and your friends! It is always wonderful to put a face to a name. Keep shining, Beautiful Sister!!

I read about a collection in the UK that the original owners had been trying to get back. It seems that the museum finally refused to return the artifacts on the grounds that the museum/government could offer better security for the collection! "Well, since we were able to just take them from you, it's obvious that your security was faulty. It is important that this collection be preserved for the future to showcase the vitality of the original artists." Well, something to that effect, anyway. smh

Does it look like the hair was bleached, possibly during "restoration", in this one?

Beggin your pardon, but if you have the time or inclination, would you be willing to add titles or descriptions about the pieces?

Again; Thanks!!

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
spicybrown said:
:wave: WB Sister Amnat77, you are a doll... looks like y'all had a wonderful time.

Nice pics... thanx for sharing:spinstar:

:tennis:

:picture:

lol...thanks..yeah it was fun....it was ironic though: a British museum with no English artifacts...all were stolen African artifacts....your pictures where lovely aswell..

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
anAfrican said:
Thanks for sharing both the pics of the collection and of you and your friends! It is always wonderful to put a face to a name. Keep shining, Beautiful Sister!!

I read about a collection in the UK that the original owners had been trying to get back. It seems that the museum finally refused to return the artifacts on the grounds that the museum/government could offer better security for the collection! "Well, since we were able to just take them from you, it's obvious that your security was faulty. It is important that this collection be preserved for the future to showcase the vitality of the original artists." Well, something to that effect, anyway. smh

Does it look like the hair was bleached, possibly during "restoration", in this one?

Beggin your pardon, but if you have the time or inclination, would you be willing to add titles or descriptions about the pieces?

Again; Thanks!!

Oh i see what you mean....this painting is a depiction of the Nubians....i plan to add titles and description i have so much i don't know where to start....they don't plan on returing any of the items....there was an article in the newspaper regarding the issue last week as matter of fact....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chidike Black People : #BlackExcellence - Pics of Beautiful Black Models Goes Viral, Demand for Kente Inspired Bikinis Rise Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : zendaya-shuts-magazine-down-for-photoshopping-her-pics Black Entertainment 11
MsInterpret Science and Technology : Google Maps Swinging By To Take Pics of Your House Science and Technology 11
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Photoshopped Pics Christopher Dorner Shows He May Not Have Ever Existed Black People Open Forum 14
MsInterpret Law Forum : Can children sue over Facebook pics? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
info-moetry Black Picture Image Gallery : Pics from the Millions More / December 12th Movement March in Harlem 8/13/11 Black Picture Image Gallery 3
I Black Jokes Humor : Funny pics from India Black Jokes Humor 4
Destee Black People : Pretty Sexy Sisters Posting Pics - Rule Violation? Black People Open Forum 64
asimplepoet Black Picture Image Gallery : hey check new pics out Black Picture Image Gallery 2
C Black People : View Private MySpace Pics - 100% Working Black People Open Forum 2
L Black Picture Image Gallery : Some new pics Black Picture Image Gallery 18
naija-man Black People : NASA RELEASE PICS:Life on mars Black People Open Forum 30
R Black Entertainment : 2007 justice march pics inside Black Entertainment 0
L Black Picture Image Gallery : Some newer pics... Black Picture Image Gallery 6
V Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : new "hair pics" Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 5
V Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh, finally got some natural hair pics to post :) Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 13
4 Black Picture Image Gallery : My pics were gone... Black Picture Image Gallery 16
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Sum Mo Random Pics of Me and Extra's Black Picture Image Gallery 2
ibrahim Black Picture Image Gallery : Recent Pics Black Picture Image Gallery 18
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Some Pics in L.A. Black Picture Image Gallery 3
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Ghetto Glamour Shot Pics Black Picture Image Gallery 3
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Me takin pics wit da cell phone! Black Picture Image Gallery 3
MANASIAC Black Picture Image Gallery : Pics of My House Black Picture Image Gallery 15
L Black Picture Image Gallery : Some New Lurk Pics Black Picture Image Gallery 18
B Black Picture Image Gallery : Brotha Adinkra's webcam pics.... Black Picture Image Gallery 11
F Black Picture Image Gallery : My show Pics! Black Picture Image Gallery 4
S Black Picture Image Gallery : My pics Black Picture Image Gallery 4
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Pics from my poetry lounge 10/20/05 Black Picture Image Gallery 2
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Continuation of Poetry show pics Black Picture Image Gallery 1
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Flo's Random Pics Black Picture Image Gallery 3
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Flo- Real's Pics from Poetry Show Black Picture Image Gallery 9
F Black Picture Image Gallery : Flo's Poetry Lounge Pics Black Picture Image Gallery 5
B Black Picture Image Gallery : My Pics Black Picture Image Gallery 26
PurpleMoons Black Picture Image Gallery : Pics as promised Black Picture Image Gallery 32
S Black Picture Image Gallery : Ooops...Sorry...pics in the wrong spot Black Picture Image Gallery 7
Khasm13 Khasm13 : albums in rotation...(ish your rockin now) PICS ONLY!!! Khasm13 19
T Black Picture Image Gallery : trying new pics..... Black Picture Image Gallery 13
R Black Picture Image Gallery : Testing Pics For CYPHER Black Picture Image Gallery 6
HODEE Black People : Rihanna Says Tell Your Friends Of Other Races To "Pull Up" For Black Issues | NAACP Image Awards Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump tweeted lavish praise of himself from an evangelical Fox and Friends pundit, Israeli Jews “love him like he is the second coming of God” Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
R Black Poetry : look I'm boss in the hood but got lost in the woods now in town and somehow found friends, didn't re Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Mario William vitale Black Relationships : Friends Forever Black Relationships 2
IFE Black Men : Men who were sexually assaulted by women share their stories - and how their friends reacted Black Men 31
Kemetstry Black Relationships : FRIENDS CODES Black Relationships 2
HODEE Black Relationships : Men and Women Can't Be "Just Friends" Black Relationships 12
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : let-just-be-friends-comedy Black Entertainment 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : woman-sacrifices-herself-in-dog-attack-to-save-best-friends-baby Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Black People : OKC MAYOR AND FRIENDS CAUGHT IN KLAN ROBES AND HOODS Black People Open Forum 2
Liberty Black Relationships : CAN YOU STAY FRIENDS WITH YOUR EX? Black Relationships 25
Liberty Black Relationships : Can Men and Women really be friends? Black Relationships 16