Black People : Pharma Giant GSK to Pay $3B in Largest Ever Healthcare Fraud Case

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
Heathcare giant GlaxoSmithKline has agreed to an unprecedented $3 billion settlement with the U.S. government over allegations that the company advertised drugs for uses not approved by the Food and Drug Administration and then used lavish gifts to convince doctors to prescribe the drugs.
The multi-billion dollar settlement is the largest in U.S. history for alleged healthcare fraud, government officials said.
In one instance, a drug was widely promoted to help treat depression even though the FDA had never tested it for such a use, according to the Department of Justice. In another, prosecutors said GlaxoSmithKline, or GSK, advertised the drug Paxil for use on children, despite the FDA not having approved antidepressant for anyone under 18. A notice posted on the website for the U.S. National Library of Medicine warned that a small number children to young adults taking Paroxetine -- which is sold under the brand name Paxil -- in clinical studies "became suicidal."
GSK is a major manufacturer of prescription medication, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. On its website, the company boasts, "every minute more than 1,100 prescriptions are written for GSK products."

In a 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report, GSK addre

http://news.yahoo.com/pharma-giant-...ealthcare-150453684--abc-news-topstories.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Al D Africa : Small Pharma in Africa working towards solutions to counterfeit drugs All Things Africa 0
Kemetstry Law Forum : PHARMA BILLIONAIRE ARRESTED FOR BRIBING DOCTORS Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
S FDA’S “FINAL SOLUTION” TO DESTROY NATURAL MEDICINE-BIG PHARMA’S DRACONIAN PLAN Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Zimbabwe : Mugabe at UN stands up to 'Giant Gold Goliath' Donald Trump Zimbabwe 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Texas: Giant unstable sinkholes are growing, could be on verge of catastrophic collapse Science and Technology 0
Gorilla Science and Technology : Scientists revive giant 30,000-year-old virus from Siberian permafrost Science and Technology 2
Keita Kenyatta South Africa : Giant Foot Print 200 Million Yrs Old - South Africa South Africa 3
skuderjaymes Black People : Like Father, Like Son : Giant Steps, Ravi Coltrane Black People Open Forum 0
AuthorLady Black People : Waking Up A Sleeping Giant! Black People Open Forum 12
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind…from the Moon to Mars!? Chevron Dove 2
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: John Coltrane: Giant Steps Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : TOP SECRET!? There Be Giant Skeletons in the Earth~California, New York!...Israel... Christian Study Group 100
D Black Sports : GIANT IDIOT Black Sports 9
G Black People : Giant Olmec heads Black People Open Forum 0
thatgirl74 Black Poetry : Giant Killer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
A Angola : Angola's Giant Leap on the World Economic Stage Angola 4
HODEE Black People : Wow! Giant asteroid will narrowly miss earth Black People Open Forum 10
S Black Poetry : A Giant or not to be Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on rhymebad's profile.
I Love You! :love:
Destee wrote on dunwiddat's profile.
Good to see you Sister! :cheerleader:
Kemetstry wrote on dunwiddat's profile.
Where have you been hiding ?
Cheryl Fitts wrote on Destee's profile.
I am looking for participants in a study to share their experiences as former African American males served as ED/EBD/BD in the southeast. Participants ages 18-35 will be interviewed and given the opportunity to express their thoughts, feelings and impressions of their school years. If interested or for more information please contact me directly. Thanks, Cheryl
Cheryl Fitts wrote on Destee's profile.
Thank you for the welcome. I have a question. I am a doctorate student in need of participants for my study. Is it allowable to post a request for study participants. If so, this is the post that would be uploaded: