Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Petition Against Baltimore PDs Natural Hair Policy

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I called the Baltimore police department to confirm this. I just asked what was their dress code for employee. The man (sounded like a brotha) would not tell me over the phone but wanted me to come into the office. So maybe someone who lives in Baltimore can check this out for us. Make sure it's not a hoax.

We need to get in the habit of checking things out before we spend a lot of energy and make a fool of ourselves. Knowamsane?

Bluewater

Jun 11, 2003
Baltimore, MD
Occupation
Praising The Lord
Hi I'm from Baltimore.
Yes this is true. Starting Jan 1, 2007. The dress code comes into affect.
This includes the fake fingers nails, bling bling, and heavy use of make-up,
perfume and cologne. The hair length has to be short. So it's includes everyone
on the Police Force. The board that voted for the dress code has 11-blacks and
6-whites on it. Some of theseyoung officers up in this City are the most unprofessional
and ill manner individual I ever met in my life only some of them. The City Council
hopes to regain the trust of the Black Community towards these young officers who
have directed so much hate toward their only people in the community. So this made
be the reason that the dress code is beginning enforce, but the only thing that bother
me about this dress code, is how these officers will direct there attention on the individual
who do wear there hair in the locks, braids, and cornrow. Because they are upset that
they have to trim their hair.

KWABENA

STAFF
STAFF
Jun 10, 2004
Everywhere
Occupation
Leader-Student-Teacher
Oh Goodness! I am sort of in shock.

Baltimore, from experience, is probably the ONLY Eastern U.S. city that I could go into, and NOT be harrassed by Police, disrespected by residents, etc. They sure do not bother me as much as I have been around there.

However, I have to say I would understand where this comes from. They do have a lot of young officers who "have their ways," then again, they do not bother me. Also, Baltimore IS a predominantly Black city, so it figures that Black folks would be making the decision(s).

While it is nice to see that they are trying to do something for the People of the Community, I do wish that the People of Baltimore as a collective bonded together, and "put the city Politicians to work." I said that based on a conversation I had with a Sistah there.

KD

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR Black Entertainment : Protest/Petition against thandie newton playing the role of an igbo from a novel Black Entertainment 2
HODEE Black People Politics : SIGN THE PETITION: Demand Congress implement vote-by-mail for all Americans! Black People Politics 2
Liberty African American History Culture : 15,000 sign petition calling for black history museum to include Clarence Thomas African American History Culture 12
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : petition-electoral college for -clinton Black People Politics 18
D Jails / Prisons : #BLACK LIVES MATTER!! PLEASE SIGN MY FATHER'S PETITION Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 32
IFE Black People Politics : Petition to End Private Prisons Black People Politics 2
IFE Black People Politics : New Petition Calls on Democrats to Prioritize Ending Mass Incarceration Black People Politics 0
Liberty Law Forum : U.S. Department of Justice Petition Gains 500K Signatures, Heads to D.C. to Demand Police Reform Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 5
A Jails / Prisons : FederalPardon Reform Petition Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
HODEE Black People Politics : Created A Petition for Support of Black Lives Matter to the _ Congressional Black Caucus Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Petition Demands Don Lemon Be Fired For Antagonizing And Defaming Black People Black People Politics 5
IntuitioninMD_2 Black People Politics : It is time to elect a candidate to get us our REPARATIONS! Please sign this White House petition! Black People Politics 14
jamesfrmphilly Black People : petition for federal police oversight.... Black People Open Forum 2
Khasm13 Khasm13 : Petition to stop danish actor from playing Egyptian God Ra..... Khasm13 201
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Justin Bieber Deportation Petition Gets White House Attention Black People Politics 8
HODEE Black People Politics : START A PETITION:::: IF YOU WANTED TO WRITE A PETITION TO THIS ADMINISTRATION Black People Politics 2
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : White house petition to restore net neutrality and classify ISPs as Common Carriers Science and Technology 0
teachthechildren Black People Politics : Petition for Reparations! Putting Pressure on Obama! Please Sign! Black People Politics 24
Keita Kenyatta Black People : All African Americans Who Do Not Want To Remain In This Country: Sign This Petition Black People Open Forum 175
davidepatton The Front Porch : i have put together a petition to address the issues of legal slavery in our country it reads as fol The Front Porch 3
S Black People : Derrick Belcher, Man Behind Alabama Secession Petition, Looks exactly like you thought he did. Black People Open Forum 2
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : "We the People" Petition Application Source Code Released by White House Science and Technology 1
$$RICH$$ Black People : Join the fight and sign the Petition of my fellow brother Bailey gunned down execution style by poli Black People Open Forum 21
I Black People : Trayvon Martin - LATEST UPDATE THREAD -Please Take A Moment And Sign Petition For Slain Florida Teen Black People Open Forum 636
I Black Spirituality Religion : Petition: Acknowledgment of African Traditional & Diaspora Religions Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
HODEE Black People : PETITION TO TELL CONGRESS WHAT WE WANT Black People Open Forum 0
Knowledge Seed Black People : Troy Davis (Death Penalty Petition) Please Read Black People Open Forum 0
T Black People : Petition: FYI Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People : Petition to help missing black women Black People Open Forum 3
T Black People : Will YOU sign the Petition? Black People Open Forum 5
G Black People : Why R Black people so afraid 2 stand by Mike Vick (honest answers)PETITION Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People : FREE THE JENA SIX Petition Please Sign it Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People : Unite Afrika- One Voice, One Action, One Afrika Campaign-Sign petition please Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : Reparations Now Petition - Please Sign Black People Open Forum 0
I Black People : SIGN ONLINE PETITION FOR BERNARD BURDEN Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : The CIA’s Secret Global War Against the Left Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black People : Facebook: Antitrust Lawsuit Against FB Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : 8 Can’f Wait ___ Was Created by Campaign Zero, A Police Reform Campaign - NOT A US AGAINST THEM ISSUE Black People Open Forum 18
HODEE Science and Technology : ( OPERATION " WARP SPEED " ) CORONA VIRUS ANTIBODIES VACCINE RACE AGAINST CHINA, U.S.A and SEVERAL PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES Science and Technology 1
G Science and Technology : Interesting Video of KGB Global Disinformation (Fake News) Campaign Against America Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Amazon’s lawsuit over a $10 billion Pentagon contract lays out disturbing allegations against Trump Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
C Black People : You Can't Be Intelligently Against Religion If You Do Not Innerstand Divinely, What God Is!!! Black People Open Forum 4
C Black People : Ain't Nobody That Is Against Reparation/Repatriation Doing Or Giving Anything To Black Afrikans That Is Worthwhile To Your Liberation!!! Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Botham Jean’s Neighbor Who Testified Against Amber Guyger Shot and Killed in Dallas Black People Open Forum 3
R Black Poetry : "knew this girl that was home yall up against a stone wall because of a wrong phone call now this boy want some and could fall in love after he break Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Charges against alleged white supremacists tossed by judge Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Cops Investigate Attacks Against Jehovah's Witness Buildings In Washington State Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Nashville PD retaliated against Black female officer for reporting sexual assault, lawsuit alleges Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : HPV VACCINE PROTECTS AGAINST OTHER ILLNESSES Black Health and Wellness 0
Perfection Black People Politics : Tariq Nasheed's "Negro bed wench" language is dangerous against Black Women Black People Politics 0