largo

Nov 15, 2009
This is so yummy and so easy.

You will need to get:

1 4 lb chicken
4 cups butter milk
2 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt or 1 1/2 Tbsp table salt
2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 Tbsp black pepper fresh cracked if you have it.
Add these to taste;
hot sauce, worestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, sage, and sweet paprika. Or whatever seasoning you prefer to use on your chicken.

You will need to do:

1 - Add all of this to a bowl and stir until well mixed.

You will also need Carrots, potatoes, 1 sweet onion and 1/4 stick or so of melted butter, extra virgin olive oil for your roasting pan later.

2 - Wash and pat dry your chicken and place in an oven bag or a large bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken and coat well inside and out. Close up the bag or put a lid on the bowl and refrigerate for at least three hours. Can go up to 8 hours.

3 - 3 hours later, preheat your oven to 450 degree F.

4 - In your roasting pan place some chopped carrots, potatoes, and onions (chop big chunks). Drizzle with olive oil and lightly salt and pepper.

5 - Now rinse your chicken under cool water very, very well. You want to remove all of the brine mixture.

6 - Pat your chicken dry and place in your roasting pan on top of the veggies breast side up. Rub a little vinegar on the chicken, the melted butter, what ever herbs you like to use, and salt and pepper to taste.

If you like, you can also stuff the cavity with half a lemon, some chopped onion, garlic cloves, some herbs, and an apple or whatever you like.

7 - Truss just the legs together, tuck the wings under the body and bake for about 1 1/2 hours. Let rest about 20 minutes before serving. Continue to cook the veggies while the chicken rests to caramelize them.

Note: Do use the seasonings you like and you do not have to brine your chicken first. But, I highly recommend it.

Fieldpea

Oct 15, 2005
The 602
Much thanks for this recipe....

This is so yummy and so easy.

You will need to get:

1 4 lb chicken
4 cups butter milk
2 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt or 1 1/2 Tbsp table salt
2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 Tbsp black pepper fresh cracked if you have it.
Add these to taste;
hot sauce, worestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, sage, and sweet paprika. Or whatever seasoning you prefer to use on your chicken.

You will need to do:

1 - Add all of this to a bowl and stir until well mixed.

You will also need Carrots, potatoes, 1 sweet onion and 1/4 stick or so of melted butter, extra virgin olive oil for your roasting pan later.

2 - Wash and pat dry your chicken and place in an oven bag or a large bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken and coat well inside and out. Close up the bag or put a lid on the bowl and refrigerate for at least three hours. Can go up to 8 hours.

3 - 3 hours later, preheat your oven to 450 degree F.

4 - In your roasting pan place some chopped carrots, potatoes, and onions (chop big chunks). Drizzle with olive oil and lightly salt and pepper.

5 - Now rinse your chicken under cool water very, very well. You want to remove all of the brine mixture.

6 - Pat your chicken dry and place in your roasting pan on top of the veggies breast side up. Rub a little vinegar on the chicken, the melted butter, what ever herbs you like to use, and salt and pepper to taste.

If you like, you can also stuff the cavity with half a lemon, some chopped onion, garlic cloves, some herbs, and an apple or whatever you like.

7 - Truss just the legs together, tuck the wings under the body and bake for about 1 1/2 hours. Let rest about 20 minutes before serving. Continue to cook the veggies while the chicken rests to caramelize them.

Note: Do use the seasonings you like and you do not have to brine your chicken first. But, I highly recommend it.

:toast:

I planned to roast two chickens for new years, and I have everything that you've listed as ingredients in the kitchen now, so I'll give this recipe a shot with one of my roasters. Thanks again.

One Love, and PEACE

Pandev

Jul 26, 2011
Sounds delicious to me . . . :)
Surely gonna give it a try to the very next weekend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : Darkness, Blackness, The Perfect Night, The Face Of God Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : simone-biles-voted-off-dwts despite perfect scores.. Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black Positive People : PERFECT ACT SCORE Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Queenie Health and Wellness : The Perfect Human: Editing DNA Black Health and Wellness 4
Kemetstry Black Positive People : PERFECT ACT SCORE Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : How To Boil an Egg: The Science, the Controversy, and the Perfect Yolk Food Discussion and Recipes 2
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : Vaccines are the perfect weapon for population control. Black People Open Forum 2
Khasm13 Khasm13 : picture perfect--eric roberson Khasm13 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : The Surprising, Easy Trick To Making Perfect Bacon Food Discussion and Recipes 3
candeesweet Black Poetry : My reasoning tank unfixed but always perfect! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : How to Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs Food Discussion and Recipes 16
KaHotep Black Poetry : Shadow and Mirror: Da Perfect Team Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Umar Black Positive People : The Perfect Thread Black People Doing Positive Things 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Ayo - Down on my Knees - Perfect Live Performance Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
R Black Poetry : Rhymes go at a perfect rate and circulate move like Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The Perfect Gift This Holiday Season: The Neanderthal Test Black People Open Forum 4
noor100 Health and Wellness : Spirulina:One of Nature's Near-Perfect Foods... Black Health and Wellness 8
rapunzal24 Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : I found the perfect shampoo, Coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo. Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 1
noor100 Black Muslims : Betty Shabazz,Perfect Muslim Wife Islam Study Group 1
L Destee Network : How To Spiritually Attract Your Perfect Mate Destee Network : 5
S Black Entertainment : beatiful arrangement.. perfect performance Black Entertainment 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : To Have Not The Desire To Be Perfect Is An Evil Unto Thyself Chief Elder Osiris 1
J Black People : Tips For Finding the Perfect Residence Black People Open Forum 0
T Black People : This makes perfect Sense to M.E. Black People Open Forum 4
G Black Poetry : YOU ARE THE PERFECT YOU Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : PERFECT STRANGER Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
S Black Poetry : My Perfect Date with You Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
PatriceCQueen Black People Politics : Obama speech “We the people, in order to form a more perfect union.” Black People Politics 2
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : PERFECT SEASON Black Sports 3
1poetsought Black Poetry : The Perfect Storm ~ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
L Poetry Critiques : My Kind of Perfect Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
anAfrican Science and Technology : The Perfect Desktop - Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn Science and Technology 2
H Black Short Stories : WARM, LIGHT, KIND, COMFORTING, PERFECT... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
howardtsu Black Poetry : The Perfect Thought Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : CREATING MY PERFECT LOVE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
A Black Relationships : The perfect question to find a MAN Black Relationships 31
Monetary Black Sports : Mosley KO's Vargas in 6th on perfect left hook Black Sports 3
C Quiet Poetry Lounge : A Perfect Day at the Beach Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : LOVE's STUMBLE to a PERFECT LOVE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
G Quiet Poetry Lounge : perfect Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : PERFECT INNOCENCE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
V Poetry Critiques : The Perfect Match Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
D Black Jokes Humor : The perfect job Black Jokes Humor 2
Q Black Jokes Humor : Perfect Match Black Jokes Humor 7
M Black Poetry : Perfect Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
A Black Poetry : .::The Perfect Poem::. ( A spoken word joynt ) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 23
D Black Jokes Humor : The Perfect Wife Black Jokes Humor 4
I Black Poetry : On perfect skin Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
I Black Relationships : If you could create the perfect man or woman what would he or she "BE" like?? Black Relationships 29
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : PERFECT JOY OF INNOCENCE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8