Black Jokes Humor : Paul Mooney Rips MC Hammer KFC Commercial

JuneBugg

Jul 29, 2002
There are black militias...hateful rhetoric...mobilize..blah blah blah...all that stuff.
There is no moral equivalency, white hate groups such as ALEC and Americans For Prosperity funded by the Koch brothers make local, state and national policies and laws regarding voting rights, education, gun laws, employment and criminal justice policies, outright racists on the Supreme Court including a pet House Negro on that court. The Republican Party is about maintaining white supremacy that encourage white racist white militias supported with policy organizations funded by white supremacist billionaires, with millions of white supremacists spewing hate and watching hate on FoxNews and have their own hate filled echo chamber on a national level.

But you are so single minded about Paul Mooney, a comedian. Wow!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
So that was in poor taste I agree but does that make Mooney a monster, I tell you he is not but there are real monsters to be concerned with . You don't see black people forming militias, pointing guns at government officials and promoting racial hate through powerful Koch brother funded political and economic organizations like white people are doing. They say things to the same effect that Mooney does and white people mobilize behind that kind of hateful rhetoric by people who are not comedians.
Correction JuneBugg, it wasn't in poor taste, and to say it was, acquiesces to his point of view.

It was Comedy, repeat, comedy ... it was designed to make people laugh and it worked. The point is, Paul had the courage to say it and deliver to the audience, exactly what was on his mind.

To say white folk deserved to die, and to be glad black folk didn't die, is a bold statement, and at the same time, its funny. Recall, I tried to educate the other poster with the definition of parody:

par·o·dy
[par-uh-dee] Show IPA
noun, plural par·o·dies.
a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
the genre of literary composition representedby such imitations.
a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation,as of a person, event, etc.
the use in the 16th century of borrowedmaterial in a musical setting of the Mass (parodyMass)

The form of comedy that Paul exhibits, and most others, is cutting-edge, but if one doesn't understand what's going on, like the other poster, one will not be able to separate one's prejudices and biases; such is the case with the other poster. Point is, don't give in just to say that Paul isn't a monster, this comprises his expertise, in my view.

JuneBugg

Jul 29, 2002
Correction JuneBugg, it wasn't in poor taste, and to say it was, acquiesces to his point of view.

It was Comedy, repeat, comedy ... it was designed to make people laugh and it worked. The point is, Paul had the courage to say it and deliver to the audience, exactly what was on his mind.

To say white folk deserved to die, and to be glad black folk didn't die, is a bold statement, and at the same time, its funny. Recall, I tried to educate the other poster with the definition of parody:

par·o·dy
[par-uh-dee] Show IPA
noun, plural par·o·dies.
a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
the genre of literary composition representedby such imitations.
a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation,as of a person, event, etc.
the use in the 16th century of borrowedmaterial in a musical setting of the Mass (parodyMass)

The form of comedy that Paul exhibits, and most others, is cutting-edge, but if one doesn't understand what's going on, like the other poster, one will not be able to separate one's prejudices and biases; such is the case with the other poster. Point is, don't give in just to say that Paul isn't a monster, this comprises his expertise, in my view.
I hear that but if it was in poor taste or not is subjective and can be argued strongly either way but the fact is as you say, it is comedy. My point is why be so focused and single minded on Paul Mooney when you have real racists spearheading movements and institutions that actually create policy in the land with millions of racists who support their work and inspired by their racist rhetoric? Why get bent up about Mooney when there are real threats to peace and democracy by people who are power wielding mainstream racists?

And btw, some of the most funny jokes are those done in poor taste and you feel ashamed that you laugh, Mooney is renowned for that.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Exactly, we lose sight of the fact, its Comedy!

And the answer to the question in blue is that you were talking with someone that can't rise above their own biases and prejudices and recognize the Comedy :wow:

And the answer to the question in red is, he's
obsessed with the Comedian.

And to the final point in black, you are exactly correct, don't allow naysayers to destroy what you innately accept as a truth.

This nearly happened, we nearly missed the comedy of it all, I thank houserunner for standing up and delivering truth in this sad situation we had to endure, Yep!

I hear that but if it was in poor taste or not is subjective and can be argued strongly either way but the fact is as you say, it is comedy. My point is why be so focused and single minded on Paul Mooney when you have real racists spearheading movements and institutions that actually create policy in the land with millions of racists who support their work and inspired by their racist rhetoric? Why get bent up about Mooney when there are real threats to peace and democracy by people who are power wielding mainstream racists?

And btw, some of the most funny jokes are those done in poor taste and you feel ashamed that you laugh, Mooney is renowned for that.

Josef

Oct 28, 2008
Occupation
Electrical wiring tech
Don't know exactly where this fits in the convo, but the other day I was joking around with my co workers about chicken and watermelon, and how its associated towards us.
Well later on the day my boss comes up to me and says he felt somewhat offended by our joking.
He is a white guy who grew up in the south and said down there it was a norm for his family to eat both on the regular.
He wasn't too upset about it, but was more offended about it I think because in some way the stereotype and the joking is viewed that people who do eat it, are somewhat seen as less intelligent
??
Not sure why...

My other white co worker surprised me when we were talking about the recent tornado touchdowns

in our area, and he mentioned how, how come whenever the news reporter goes to the location to talk to the locals, they pick

the most uneducated redneck with missing teeth, or a trailer trash white fat lady wearing a moo moo in the

middle of the day,...no bra on, dirty baby on her hip, pregnant, with a cigarette hanging from her lip?

He had me rollin saying how that makes his people look bad!
He went onto say how they'll THEN complain about how the "man" is keeping them down.

I really hadn't thought white folks felt that way.
I know we have black comedians who joke about how its our people looking rough during an interview with reporters,
Apparently white folks feel the same way about their own.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
It fits in perfectly, and proves exactly what houserunner was talking about:

We have to get past the whole fried chicken thing, for real. white folks tear up more fried chicken in this country than we ever could. We need to stop worrying about the petty. Yes, I like fried chicken, and no, you will never see me dance for some but it is only a commercial. That is part of the plan, they want you to get upset over the frivolous so they can get a kick out of it.
houserunner, Aug 16, 2013

Don't know exactly where this fits in the convo, but the other day I was joking around with my co workers about chicken and watermelon, and how its associated towards us.
Well later on the day my boss comes up to me and says he felt somewhat offended by our joking.
He is a white guy who grew up in the south and said down there it was a norm for his family to eat both on the regular.
He wasn't too upset about it, but was more offended about it I think because in some way the stereotype and the joking is viewed that people who do eat it, are somewhat seen as less intelligent
??
Not sure why...

My other white co worker surprised me when we were talking about the recent tornado touchdowns

in our area, and he mentioned how, how come whenever the news reporter goes to the location to talk to the locals, they pick

the most uneducated redneck with missing teeth, or a trailer trash white fat lady wearing a moo moo in the

middle of the day,...no bra on, dirty baby on her hip, pregnant, with a cigarette hanging from her lip?

He went onto say how they'll THEN complain about how the "man" is keeping them down.

I know we have black comedians who joke about how its our people looking rough during an interview with reporters,

JuneBugg

Jul 29, 2002
??
Not sure why...

LOL that sounds funny and I know what you are saying, because we, blacks, have expressed many of the same sentiments and frustrations.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Confusion,

The problem we experienced in this Thread, is that we had a person that came in throwing "monkey wrenches" all over the place.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
LOL that sounds funny and I know what you are saying, because we, blacks, have expressed many of the same sentiments and frustrations.

You get the point, its no big deal, take it in stride and keep it moving to higher ground and problem solving ...

Stop getting tripped up by the small minded ...

:1on1:

:weights:

:grouphug:

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.