Black People : Oprah and Sharpton Attack Black Lives Matter Movement

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
by Glen Ford
When prominent members of the Black Misleadershp Class start ranting and raving against the new
movement, you know it must be doing something right. Al Sharpton and Oprah Winfrey are
attempting to “infantilize the young activists by framing the conflict as generational, rather than
substantive.” In reality, it’s about Power. Sharpton is a servant of Power, and Oprah can only stomach
a movement that reveres the opinions and privileges of Black billionaires.”

“The jackleg preacher with the signature pimp-adour hairstyle appears to believe the
young organizers are as morally debased and materially obsessed as himself.”

Al Sharpton and Oprah Winfrey are scared witless that the Black Lives Matter mobilization will
become a sustained, independent political movement – one that challenges both the rich white rulers
and their junior partners in the Black Misleadership Class. The viciousness of Winfrey’s and
Sharpton’s assaults on the new crop of organizers is a good barometer of the nascent movement’s
effectiveness, to date, in discomforting the comfortable. If one thing is clear to African American
youth, it is that so-called Black leadership has been complicit in the catastrophe that has engulfed
their communities – that the “leaders” are part of the problem, not the solution. Therefore, although
the movement-in-the-making is not yet large and coherent enough to shake the foundations of the
State or cause Wall Street to shudder, it has already created a crisis of legitimacy for the Black
Misleadership Class.

Sharpton’s and Winfrey’s defense is to infantilize the young activists, to deflect the implicit indictment
of what currently passes for Black leadership by framing the conflict as generational, rather than
substantive.

Read more:
http://www.blackagendareport.com/node/14659

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Oprah Winfrey and her house negro associates ARE "the white power structure"!

That's who they SIDE with and who they REPRESENT.

If you think they represent the oppressed brotha in the street, you are sadly mistaken!

The Black Lives Matter Movement are very INTELLIGENT!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Why Oprah Should Not Run for President Black People Politics 17
IFE Black People Politics : Ivanka Trump tries to hop on Oprah’s #MeToo message. #MeToo says no thanks. Black People Politics 3
umbrarchist Black Entertainment : Oprah on Big Screen Black Entertainment 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : oprah-celebrates-young-black-women-by-attending-their-grad-ceremonies Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) Internship Program Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Oprah Winfrey 4 President 2020 Black People Politics 14
RAPTOR Black People : Selma: Black History According to Oprah Black People Open Forum 12
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Selma --- Oprah's Non-Bioptics Movie about MLK, Jr. Black Entertainment 26
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : Move over, Oprah! Beyonce is world's most powerful celebrity Black Entertainment 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Oprah Winfrey Gives Millions To New African-American Museum In D.C. Black People Open Forum 0
Knowledge Seed Black Positive People : Oprah is No Longer the Richest Black Woman in the World Black People Doing Positive Things 10
cherryblossom Black Education / Schools : 1st Graduating Class of Oprah's S. African Girl's School Black Education / Schools 1
Black-king Black Jokes Humor : Paul Mooney on Oprah Black Jokes Humor 2
Amnat77 Black People : I Think this woman- Megan Mcglover is going to be the next Oprah Black People Open Forum 4
PurpleMoons Black Entertainment : OWN, Oprah Winfrey Network Launch Spot 2010 Black Entertainment 0
$$RICH$$ Black Education / Schools : Oprah Winfrey School Black Education / Schools 13
cherryblossom Black People : HAVE LUNCH OR DINNER ON OPRAH Black People Open Forum 10
M Black People : TYLER PERRY STUDIO WITH OPRAH & SIDNEY POITIER Black People Open Forum 13
jamesfrmphilly Black People : devils attack oprah! Black People Open Forum 2
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Oprah, Obama and the Occult? Omowale Jabali 36
T Black People Politics : The two O's (Obama and Oprah) Black People Politics 24
F Black People : A New Earth and Oprah's Class Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Oprah With Her Afro Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 7
Destee Black Entertainment : 50 Cent Speaks on Imus and Oprah @ BET Black Entertainment 24
D Black People : Oprah - "I've Got Good White Folks working for me" Black People Open Forum 8
SpiritualONE Black People : Oprah Winfrey Is Ignorant When It Comes to Vaccinations Black People Open Forum 28
Metaverse Black People : Why Are We Mad At Oprah? Black People Open Forum 104
D Black Entertainment : oprah's dirty little secret Black Entertainment 0
D Black Entertainment : Oprah the richest woman in entertainment with $1.5 billion Black Entertainment 1
D Black Entertainment : oprah lost a baby at 14 Black Entertainment 1
D Black Entertainment : “Oprah thinks African Girls Deserve My Charity More than American Girls… Black Entertainment 0
D Black Entertainment : oprah lets stedman move in Black Entertainment 1
I Black Entertainment : The Case Against Rap's Case Against Oprah Winfrey. Black Entertainment 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Oprah's Africa Black People Open Forum 40
A Black Entertainment : Oprah's Legends Ball Black Entertainment 3
K Black People : Letter to Oprah Black People Open Forum 15
cocobutterskyn Black People : Oprah...same subject, sorta different tip Black People Open Forum 8
Destee Black People : Oprah Discriminated Against?! Black People Open Forum 34
P Pan Africanism : Oprah Winfrey is a Zulu African American History Culture 26
A Black People : Oprah gives cars to her audience Black People Open Forum 7
P South Africa : Oprah & South Africa South Africa 2
OldSoul Black People : Rev. Al Sharpton full eulogy at Aretha Franklin funeral Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Fox News trying to slam Rev Al Sharpton AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black People Politics : ‘Fighting Time’—Al Sharpton Rips Donald Trump’s Pick of Jeff Sessions for Attorney General Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : MSNBC Moves Al Sharpton To Sunday Mornings Black People Politics 12
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : sharpton beats lawsuit..... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Al Sharpton and Comcast Come Out on Top in $20 Billion Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : comcast and sharpton being sued.......collusion Black Entertainment 212
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Sharpton is being paid thousands of dollars to not cry 'racism' at large corporations, it is claimed Black People Politics 15
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Al Sharpton: how deep is the con? Black People Politics 3