From: Andre Austin

Subject: Medicine of the ancient Egyptians

Date 1/7/2017

I’ve been very impressed with your Afrocentric views on ancient Egypt being the foundation of Greek medicine. Youtube is a blessing because it allows us to pick eachother brains and feast off the knowledge.

I read your essay in Blacks in science: Ancient and Modern Edited by the late great Ivan van Sertima. Because you mentioned Frederick Newsome I also read his essay that went ahead of yours. Newsome basically states that Pythagoras played a major role in early Greek medicine. Pythathoras studied in Egypt. He states that there was a medical school at Cos “with which he (Hippocrates, Greek father of Medicine), was affiliated was a branch of the Egyptian medical schools”p.135). Cos was an Island right off of Turkey. I was concerned with another medical school in Turkey at Laodicea that were famous for their eye care treatments. Because Cos is in the same general area I was wondering if Laodicea medical school was influenced also. Laodicea had coins with the images of Serapis and their god of healing Aesclepios (Imhotep) in conjunction with eachother. Tactius equated Serapis with Chretitus or Christ and so was Imhotep considered a Christ. Serapis is famous for spiting in the eyes of the blind and making them able to see. This is nothing more than a remake of Egyptian mythology.

I was doing research on Egyptian eye care and discovered that in their mythology the Goddess Tefnut is the first deity to deal with the eye care of Ra. The root word for Tefnut was to spit, the process in which she was born. Tefnut was symbolic of Clouds, rain, dew, moisture and called Maat and “The heat of Heaven”. In the mythology Tefnut has Bushes (white clouds) over the eyes of Ra obstructing his view for a time (The Gods of the Egyptians Volume 1 p.303 by E.A. Wallis Budge).

I started getting big ideas about the Lukewarm church of Laodicea who were being accused of having visionary problems. The NT was written in Greek so Luke would be spelled Loukas which could function as a pun for Look or Leukomas (an eye problem seeing white clouds). Lukewarm was called a deed so we can eliminate it being a metaphor for drinking water. However seeing is equated with deeds. For example:

1.When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light (Luke 11:34)

2. Not to look at the speck of sawdust (Bushes) in your brothers eye and not see the plank in your own eye (see Matthew 7:1-5).

3. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God (3 John 11).

4. Eyes are the windows of the soul (Pliny the Elder)

5. See God was an ancient Egyptian request for healing

Lukewarm is about vision and it’s spit out. The other times vision and spit is talked about is when Jesus (Serapis) spits in the eye to cure the blind. The question hangs up on whether Lukewarm is a negative or positive deed. The terminology surrounding Lukewarm being neither Hot or Cold gives the impression of balance between the two. In Frederick Newsome essay in Blacks in Science Health is equated with a balance between Hot & Cold. Newsome states:

“According to Hippocratic teaching, disease resulted from the imbalance of the four bodily humors: black bile, yellow bile, phlegm, and blood. Health was thought to be the balance or harmony of the bodily humors. The four humors represented physiologic opposites and were depicted on the diagram of opposites in symmetrical relation to the fundamental opposites of nature, i.e Hot (or fire), cold (or earth), moist, and dry…the belief in their possession of opposite qualities and the mechanism by which their imbalance produced disease is based on the ancient theory of opposites and harmony. This theory, commonly attributed to Pythagorus, is Egyptian. Pythasorus was a major link through which blacks influenced Hippocrates and Greek medicine. The Egyptian theory of opposites and harmony was adopted by Hippocrates from Pythagoreanism. This influence was indirect and secondhand but certainly real and deserving of recognition. Pythagorus was a disciple of Egyptian priests and disseminator of their teachings and culture among the Greeks” (p.135)

So now we can understand it better when Aristotle said “health is the balance of hot and cold elements” (Topics Book 6:2) Likewise Lukewarm is neither Hot or Cold and may be considered positive.

When I went to the Oxford English dictionary I found more interesting things about the front part of the word Leukomas:

Leuk, a form of Look

Leuke, a league, Luke, lion

This was very interesting because Tefnut was depicting with a lion head and as a twin Tefnut is in a league with her brother Shu. In a bigger league we can chart Tefnut league with her genealogy tree:

clip_image001.jpg

If you read the works of Gary Greenberg’s (101 Myths of the Bible) you will discover that the Tree of Good & Evil was symbolic of Tefnut, who in effect opened the eyes of Adam & Eve (Genesis 3:5).

When the word Luke popped up as alternative names for the front part of Leukomas it was all a done deal. Pliny the Elder also reports that good eyesight protected you against the cold and heat. Because its not Lukehot the vision doesn’t have an inflammation so Lukewarm isn’t spiritual blindness but those people needing salve would have a problem. So it would probably be wise to divide up the Lukewarm church like Jesus did with the sheep who looked out for others and the goats who couldn’t be seen doing any good.

So who is the real figure in Rev chapter 3 who didn’t care if they were either Hot or Cold? Not a God but an Emperor Domitian who had eye that were “As a flame of fire” (Rev 1:14) meaning a bad temper bad judgement. Domitian was the prince of rape who can cast those on a bed of suffering (Rev 2:22) and pull out women hair because he hated being bald himself wearing wigs of wool (Rev 1:14). Who else would want to strike children dead (Rev: 2:22). Who else would be jealous of the Lukewarm church having their own stockpile of Gold and Domitian wanting them to buy his “Pure Gold” (Rev 3:18) he ripped off from Africa. According to W.E.B. Dubois: “There was an expedition under the Romans led by Julius Maternus under the emperor Domitian in A.D. 80, which searched for gold mines in the Sudan” (The World & Africa p.141)

Andre Austin is author of Poor dre’s Almanac

Create an account or login to comment

Create account

Already have an account? Log in here.

OldSoul OldSoul : OPEN LOVE LETTER TO BETHUNE-COOKMAN 2017 GRADUATES FROM BLACK FACULTY OldSoul 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Black Academic Schizophrenia: Open letter to Umar Johnson AACOOLDRE 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : T.I.'s Open Letter to President Barack Obama: "You Shook Up and Woke Up a Generation" and to Trump Black People Doing Positive Things 6
nilevalley Black Sports : An open letter to Gabby Douglas Black Sports 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : OPEN LETTER TO LOUIS FARRAKHAN AACOOLDRE 0
OldSoul OldSoul : An Open Letter from Protesters On The Grand Jury Decision (11.24.14) OldSoul 10
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Jay-Z Defends Trip to Cuba in “Open Letter,” White House Denies Rapper’s Claims Black People Open Forum 0
magyarmaiden Africa : An open letter to the Federal Republic of Germany: Africa is not a country All Things Africa 12
daroc Black Poetry : Open Letter to Dad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Black-king Black People : KKK Sends Open Letter To All Gang Members!!! Black People Open Forum 11
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : OPEN LETTER pg:III Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
daroc Black Poetry : Open Letter to YOU Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
L Black Poetry : Open Letter to a Sister Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : OPEN LETTER TO JUDGE MAZUR AACOOLDRE 1
Q Black People : An Open Letter to my Destee Fam! Black People Open Forum 22
$$RICH$$ Black Women : OPEN LETTER TO ALL THE BLACK WOMEN Black Women 13
H Black People Politics : Open letter to OBAMA from Denmark Black People Politics 54
jamesfrmphilly Black People : najee open letter to ludacris Black People Open Forum 5
I Black People : An Open Letter to my African people... Black People Open Forum 7
I Black Relationships : An Open Letter to African Queens Black Relationships 5
C Black Spirituality Religion : Open Letter To SAMURAI36 Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
river Black Spirituality Religion : Open Letter to Music Producer Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
B Black People : Open Letter to Columbia University about rescinding invite for OMALI YESH1TELA Black People Open Forum 0
Isaiah OPEN LETTER TO BROTHER ELDER JAMES... Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 32
S Black Relationships : An Open Letter to my Sisters Black Relationships 115
S An Open Letter to young Brothers with closed minds... Black Men 17
S Black Spirituality Religion : An Open Letter...to not be ignored.... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : Open Letter to Thy People Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
N Spoken Word : Open Letter To Sammi Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
H Black People : An Open Letter Black People Open Forum 4
J An open letter to Destee Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 4
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : BeLoveth open letter pt.2 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
watzinaname Quiet Poetry Lounge : Open letter to God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black Poetry : open letter to God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Destee Black People Politics : Open Letter To President George Bush Black People Politics 16
Desert Storm Black Poetry : Open Letter Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
A Black Poetry : An open letter: Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
alyce Black Poetry : Letter to A Lady(open in case of emergency) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Kemetstry Black People : HOW DO I OPEN MY MIC ON ZOOM ? Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : Small-Business Grants for Minorities - It's Time we Open Corner Stores and Build Businesses Again Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black Money Business Jobs : ALL OVER AMERICA THOUSANDS OF OPEN AMAZON JOBS ( few thousand ) & LINKS = MAKE THAT MONEY :cool: Black Money Business Jobs 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Was James Brown killed? Prosecutor may open new investigation into singer's 2006 death Black Entertainment 2
R Black Poetry : He see a girl pies smoking and eyes wide open he can only stare at and hope she share that his mind mixed and shook but he had a fixed look on her, h Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
R Black Poetry : Got a plan hoping there's a ban on smoking girl your thighs wide open got pies wanna be stroking a sweet kiss on a complete list of lovers let me spea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Destee Black Entertainment : Saturday Night Live - Kavanaugh Hearing Cold Open Black Entertainment 0
crwn Black People : Open Your Dome Black People Open Forum 7
crwn Black People : Open Black People Open Forum 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Will You Open ? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : lebron-james-to-open-public-school Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Destee Lesotho : Lesotho set to open new diamond mines Lesotho 0