Black People Politics : Older Black Voters are doing their part

Discerning

Jan 30, 2020
The fight to win the votes of Black people in the U.S. continues.

Early voting patterns have one political pundit concluding that older Black voters are turning out in higher numbers than they did in 2016. This may bode well for Democrats who are the traditional beneficiaries of a high Black voter turnout.

"While it’s obviously way too early to be making any real concrete predictions like that" Tom Bonier, the CEO of TargetSmart. Bonier has been tweeting out a nonstop stream of data associated with the early voting period currently underway that give a glimpse of certain trends among folks casting ballots; and where they’re casting those ballots.

According to Bonier, who is also an adjunct lecturer at Howard University, “Black voters over the age of 65 have already exceeded their overall 2016 turnout numbers, thereby already setting turnout records” in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Nevada and Texas. Those numbers are expected to keep growing as early voting continues through Monday.

The Bonier quotes are from a NewsOne story.

Attachments

• Bonier.jpg
    Bonier.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 6

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Older African American Women's Discussion on Barriers to Mammography Black Women 0
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Breast Cancer Intervention-Older African American Women in Beauty Salons Black Women 0
Destee 20th Birthday : Birthday Contest : Find Black Sites Older Than destee.com Destee's Thoughts 21
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Being Divinely A Black Race Is Older Than History Chief Elder Osiris 1
Kemetstry Black Relationships : 10 REASONS TO DATE OLDER MEN Black Relationships 1
IFE Science and Technology : Apple admits slowing older iPhones, says it's to prevent battery issues Science and Technology 10
nilevalley Black People : In America older people are disrespected and ignored in Africa they are revered and sought out Black People Open Forum 6
S Health and Wellness : Ways You Get Smarter as You Get Older Black Health and Wellness 0
Destee Black Parenting : When Your Babies Get Older Than You Black Parenting 2
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Older Still Waiting Younger Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older adults Black Health and Wellness 12
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : One man writes Linux drivers for 235 USB webcams (Older Article, 2007) Science and Technology 0
MsInterpret Black Women : As you get older have you gotten more emotional? Black Women 3
MsInterpret Black People : Older Generation, what influences are you leaving on the Young? Black People Open Forum 54
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Older & Younger Dating Black Relationships 38
hartwell Black People : Older Dude " Beats Down " Young Dude talking crazy stuff to him (Vi Black People Open Forum 58
D Black Money Business Jobs : 6 paths to retirement among NATIONS 55 and older Black Money Business Jobs 3
M Black Spirituality Religion : An older Neteru Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
D Older men and younger women: Offspring may suffer genetically Black Health and Wellness 32
blakverb Black Poetry : When I get older (I Am Regressing To Age 10) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
D Question for the Older Bruthas Black Men 20
N Black Relationships : The older guy... Black Relationships 49
I Black Relationships : Older Women and Younger Men Black Relationships 61
KWABENA Black Relationships : OLDER MEN - YOUNGER WOMEN Black Relationships 31
PurpleMoons How do you teach a 5yr old or older child to be an individual? Black Parenting 2
P Black Relationships : How many brothas are into older women? Black Relationships 43
J Black Poetry : "it seems the older l get.." (get 2 know me) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
M Black Jokes Humor : Older Women... Black Jokes Humor 6
A Black Poetry : Just an older dude feeling Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
J Black Poetry : older woman Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
B Black People Politics : CRUSHING BLACK PEOPLE NOT CONNECTED TO SECRET SOCIETIES AND SYNDICATES...PART 3 Black People Politics 0
B Black People Politics : CRUSHING BLACK PEOPLE NOT CONNECTED TO SECRET SOCIETIES AND SYNDICATES...PART 2 Black People Politics 0
B Black People Politics : CRUSHING BLACK PEOPLE NOT CONNECTED TO SECRET SOCIETIES AND SYNDICATES Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE PRODUCT LINE IN NEIMAN MARCUS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People : The Black Tax - *Black Lives Still Don't Matter* Black People Open Forum 25
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Destruction Of The Black Afrikan Woman Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 'You are my wildest dream': Sydney Barber will be first Black woman to serve as US Naval Academy brigade commander Black People Doing Positive Things 0
I_AM_HER Steals and Deals : Black woman -owned Candle Shop in Houston, TX Shopping - Steals and Deals! 0
I_AM_HER Black Women : A black woman's experience and the failed U.S. healthcare system Black Women 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Take that, you Black and Latino defectors! Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Will The Black Divine Beings Ever Rise Again? Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Knowledge Of Need Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : There Is A Difference In Black Afrikan American And Black Afrikans In America Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : What Ever Happened to Hazel Scott? One of the most Brilliant Beautiful Black Women Ever! Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Folks Is Black Folks Black People Open Forum 1