Black People Politics : Older Black Voters are doing their part

Discerning

Jan 30, 2020
The fight to win the votes of Black people in the U.S. continues.

Early voting patterns have one political pundit concluding that older Black voters are turning out in higher numbers than they did in 2016. This may bode well for Democrats who are the traditional beneficiaries of a high Black voter turnout.

"While it’s obviously way too early to be making any real concrete predictions like that" Tom Bonier, the CEO of TargetSmart. Bonier has been tweeting out a nonstop stream of data associated with the early voting period currently underway that give a glimpse of certain trends among folks casting ballots; and where they’re casting those ballots.

According to Bonier, who is also an adjunct lecturer at Howard University, “Black voters over the age of 65 have already exceeded their overall 2016 turnout numbers, thereby already setting turnout records” in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Nevada and Texas. Those numbers are expected to keep growing as early voting continues through Monday.

The Bonier quotes are from a NewsOne story.

Attachments

• Bonier.jpg
    Bonier.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 20

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Older African American Women's Discussion on Barriers to Mammography Black Women 0
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Breast Cancer Intervention-Older African American Women in Beauty Salons Black Women 0
Destee 20th Birthday : Birthday Contest : Find Black Sites Older Than destee.com Destee's Thoughts 21
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Being Divinely A Black Race Is Older Than History Chief Elder Osiris 1
Kemetstry Black Relationships : 10 REASONS TO DATE OLDER MEN Black Relationships 1
IFE Science and Technology : Apple admits slowing older iPhones, says it's to prevent battery issues Science and Technology 10
nilevalley Black People : In America older people are disrespected and ignored in Africa they are revered and sought out Black People Open Forum 6
skuderjaymes Health and Wellness : Ways You Get Smarter as You Get Older Black Health and Wellness 0
Destee Black Parenting : When Your Babies Get Older Than You Black Parenting 2
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Older Still Waiting Younger Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older adults Black Health and Wellness 12
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : One man writes Linux drivers for 235 USB webcams (Older Article, 2007) Science and Technology 0
MsInterpret Black Women : As you get older have you gotten more emotional? Black Women 3
MsInterpret Black People : Older Generation, what influences are you leaving on the Young? Black People Open Forum 54
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Older & Younger Dating Black Relationships 38
hartwell Black People : Older Dude " Beats Down " Young Dude talking crazy stuff to him (Vi Black People Open Forum 58
D Black Money Business Jobs : 6 paths to retirement among NATIONS 55 and older Black Money Business Jobs 3
M Black Spirituality Religion : An older Neteru Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
D Older men and younger women: Offspring may suffer genetically Black Health and Wellness 32
blakverb Black Poetry : When I get older (I Am Regressing To Age 10) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
D Question for the Older Bruthas Black Men 20
N Black Relationships : The older guy... Black Relationships 49
I Black Relationships : Older Women and Younger Men Black Relationships 61
KWABENA Black Relationships : OLDER MEN - YOUNGER WOMEN Black Relationships 31
PurpleMoons How do you teach a 5yr old or older child to be an individual? Black Parenting 2
P Black Relationships : How many brothas are into older women? Black Relationships 43
J Black Poetry : "it seems the older l get.." (get 2 know me) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
M Black Jokes Humor : Older Women... Black Jokes Humor 6
A Black Poetry : Just an older dude feeling Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
J Black Poetry : older woman Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
42Tribes Black Spirituality Religion : Exploring Josephus’s “Black” Jesus with Truthwatchers Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
SwagII Black Education / Schools : The American Dream, "as it pertains to black americans." Black Education / Schools 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Data Proves It: Black People in America Are Not Even a Demographic Monolith African American History Culture 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Racism causes high infertility in Black women Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : This Black Family Ran a Thriving Beach Resort 100 Years Ago. They Want Their Land Back African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Power Rankings Sunken Place Edition: Top 10 Black Folks who’ve lost the most since Donald Trump left office Black People Politics 0
OldSoul Black People : Black Queen Charlotte Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : yeah black history is a whack mystery and my back still blistery from being whip lashed , ready to grip some cash and run to the underground railroad Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH Black Entertainment 29
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 'African Gene Theory' Is a Myth, and It's Harming Black Men's Heart Health Black Health and Wellness 0
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : Black On The Bottom Policies - Tariq Rasheed Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Barack Obama opens up about the difficulty of 'being a functioning Black person in America' in surprise appearance Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Feeling politically powerless, black Christians find more comfort in black church: study Christian Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black Women Aren't Saving America For You. They're Protecting Themselves Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Travel : For Black Americans, a Heritage Trip to West Africa Can Be Life-Changing Black Travel 0
Kemetstry African American History Culture : THE BLACK SPARROW African American History Culture 2
Fine1952 Black Money Business Jobs : Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black In America Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black female scientist at forefront of COVID-19 vaccine development Black People Doing Positive Things 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Joy Reid nails the difference between white and Black people after Capitol riots Black People Politics 4
Destee Pets / Animals : Black the Rottweiler - playing with his toy Pets / Animals 1