Black Astrology : Old Symbols of Astrology and its Validity

Kadijah

Banned
Yeah that's true its not the same. If Scorpio is a scorpion in Western astrology, a coconut tree in Indonesia, and a cultural hero in another, those are some pretty stark differences...
But if they all are the same "flower" the only difference is in the name.

The thing about a rose is that its a rose no matter what but that's not the same with constellations...
You gave names of constellations.

Kadijah

Banned
As for the bible, it does say to steer clear of astrology. But I was not surprised to read that your mother, while damning every other thing the bible calls an abomination - passionately! - believes in astrology. We pick and choose what we want to follow in the bible. That's what we do. I am a Christian, but not a fundamentalist, that is, I do not believe every word in the bible was inspired by God.

I say this because I do believe in astrology. However, unlike astronomy, it is not a science. It is more of an art. I used to be able to plot natal charts and could tell you the influence of diff houses, etc., on the personality. I could often times tell a person's sun sign just by being around and interacting with them for a period of time.

Ex., a friend of my sister's was an Aries. She even used to wear a Ram's head medallion on a chain around her neck. One day I told my sister that while I know the woman knows what she "is", IMO she acted nothing like an Aries, that she acted like a Taurus to me. About a month later, sis told me her friend had to get a birth certificate for something or other. Turned out she had been told she was born on the wrong day and was, indeed, a Taurus.

I had a co-worker once who was the most stubborn, hard-headed person I'd ever met. When she said she was a Saggitarius, I was floored! I told her that she probably had a Taurus moon or ascendant sign. She had a natal chart drawn up (not by me - I'd given it up by that time). She was a Saggitarius with a moon AND ascendant sign in Taurus.

Point is, from my own personal experience, astrology is an art and it's real.
btw, not talking about the Sun Signs in the newspaper. They're general to the sign, thus meaningless. I'm talking about having an individual natal, or birth, chart done.

_NortheastGroover_

But if they all are the same "flower" the only difference is in the name.

You gave names of constellations.
Yeah but a rose is a rose no matter what you call it, like you said. But a constellation, it seems, can be whatever the eyes see.

http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ScorpiusCC.jpg

Some look at that and see a scorpion, some see a coconut tree and some don't even see it as a individual constellation but part of a larger constellation...

It seem people can look into the heavens and see what they want to see...

Kadijah

Banned
Yeah but a rose is a rose no matter what you call it, like you said. But a constellation, it seems, can be whatever the eyes see.

http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ScorpiusCC.jpg

Some look at that and see a scorpion, some see a coconut tree and some don't even see it as a individual constellation but part of a larger constellation...

It seem people can look into the heavens and see what they want to see...
So they're all looking at the same thing, but because they call it different names, that makes it different???

Kadijah

Banned
I'm saying they're looking at the same thing but they're not seeing the same thing

Three people looking at a cloud.

1) it looks like a goat

2) it looks like a cow

3) it looks like a mother and child

Because each sees something different, they AREN'T looking at the same cloud? :huh:

_NortheastGroover_

Three people looking at a cloud.

1) it looks like a goat

2) it looks like a cow

3) it looks like a mother and child

Because each sees something different, they AREN'T looking at the same cloud? :huh:
Lol yeah I guess you're right but what about the person that says that is part of 4 other clouds?? If a person can look at something and see 4 different things then what is it really?? Yeah you can say its a cloud but clouds dissipate and reform, constellations arent like that, it has to be something right? So what is it really?

Kadijah

Banned
Lol yeah I guess you're right but what about the person that says that is part of 4 other clouds?? If a person can look at something and see 4 different things then what is it really?? Yeah you can say its a cloud but clouds dissipate and reform, constellations arent like that, it has to be something right? So what is it really?
Change 'cloud' to a 'stack of wood'. They don't "dissipate and reform." :10400: